Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page RIP Adam West
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2017, 10:47 AM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hahahah. trump no rock no styles, he strictly roots.
Old 06.19.2017, 10:50 AM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the most amoral people are ussually the ones shouting most lopudly about family values and morality. it is their costume. It allows them to be as evil and base as possible without tipping anyone off, because most the average person is fairly dumb, and half the population is EVEN DUMBER THAN THAT!
Old 06.19.2017, 10:51 AM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Cosby had a great costume, so did Catholic Priests, rapist and murderer police....
Old 06.19.2017, 11:58 AM   #24
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Judge Dredd is like 60-79% political satire at all times.

Yes, if anything 100%, but there's an interesting story there. I remember reading an interview with someone at 2000AD talking about the reasons why they created him, which were exactly as you describe. What they soon discovered, though, going to conventions and reading fan-mail, was that fans overwhelmingly took him straight, and loved him for it. The more fascist the writers made him in an attempt to try and stop the hero-worship, the more popular he became, to the extent they even toyed with dropping him altogether.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2017, 01:05 PM   #25
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Frankly, I don't think Batman or the Joker or ANYONE in the Batverse shoukd even be attempted until the Dark Knight Trilogy is given at LEAST 10 years to settle.

Heath Ledger's Joker was so off the fucking charts I simply cannot even BEGIN TO BEGIN to imagine how anybody could measure up to his performance. (And talk about range: from Ennis Del Mar to The Joker — WHO has that kind of scope nowadays?).

Jack Nicholson, by the by, was a PATHETIC Joker, probably the worst performance of his career (well, he did do that horseshit with Adam Sandler...), and my take on why is that he simply didn't understand the character — he read the script, which, retrospectively, was pretty goddamn weak; he talked to Burton, who obviously wouldn't tell Jack fuckin' Nicholson what to do; and maybe one of his minions slip him a Batman comic book of the shitty kind.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2017, 01:13 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I also always thought nicholson's Joker was half-assed.

Ledger's Joker was good, but the Joker is supposed to be inscrutable, and the Batman is never ever aware of his motivations or what makes him tick, which is why he is such an irrational foe...Ledger's joker was portrayed awesome. Too bad Christian Bale has no real menace in his portrayal of batman, and I HATE HIS FUCKING SHIT VOICE GROWL especially since I never thought Batman had a lisp.
Old 06.19.2017, 01:14 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Adam West saved the batman comics. they were tanking in sales and importance until the TV show.
Old 06.19.2017, 04:36 PM   #28
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Adam West saved the batman comics. they were tanking in sales and importance until the TV show.

That late 50's early 60's silver age era stuff really isn't very good!
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2017, 08:49 PM   #29
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Heath Ledger's Joker was so off the fucking charts I simply cannot even BEGIN TO BEGIN to imagine how anybody could measure up to his performance. (And talk about range: from Ennis Del Mar to The Joker — WHO has that kind of scope nowadays?).

Jack Nicholson, by the by, was a PATHETIC Joker, probably the worst performance of his career (well, he did do that horseshit with Adam Sandler...), and my take on why is that he simply didn't understand the character — he read the script, which, retrospectively, was pretty goddamn weak; he talked to Burton, who obviously wouldn't tell Jack fuckin' Nicholson what to do; and maybe one of his minions slip him a Batman comic book of the shitty kind.

Must spread reputation around before giving it to The Soup Nazi again.

GODDAMN RIGHT!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2017, 08:51 PM   #30
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I also always thought nicholson's Joker was half-assed.

Ledger's Joker was good, but the Joker is supposed to be inscrutable, and the Batman is never ever aware of his motivations or what makes him tick, which is why he is such an irrational foe...Ledger's joker was portrayed awesome. Too bad Christian Bale has no real menace in his portrayal of batman, and I HATE HIS FUCKING SHIT VOICE GROWL especially since I never thought Batman had a lisp.

Well, at least you recognize the brilliance of Ledger.

It's no contest. No Fucking contest. Nicholson might even have been worse than Leto. Doesn't matter. They're not even in Heath's fucking GALAXY. Fuckers.
Old 06.23.2017, 07:13 PM   #31
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
WHO has that kind of scope nowadays?

I'm gonna answer my own question: Vincent D'Onofrio. Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence -> Detective Robert Goren -> Edgar the Bug.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 06.23.2017, 07:50 PM   #32
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm gonna answer my own question: Vincent D'Onofrio. Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence -> Detective Robert Goren -> Edgar the Bug.

He's played a lot of different roles, but he's settled into type at this point. And he never played any of them particularly well. I mean, he's not bad, but he's not great.

Daniel Day Lewis has the kind of range you're talking about.

Christian Bale is not to be overlooked either. I think he's going for kind of a modern Deniro kind of thing. Or maybe Pacino. His Batman role was his most boring and straight-forward by far. Look at American Psycho > The Machinist > the Fighter > American Hustle > the Big Short. He's really quite something.

There was another actor who came to mind, but I lost the thread when I was masturbating all over Christian Bale just now. Hmm...
Old 06.23.2017, 09:07 PM   #33
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
He's played a lot of different roles, but he's settled into type at this point. And he never played any of them particularly well. I mean, he's not bad, but he's not great.

Private "Gomer Pyle" wasn't played particularly well?! Fuck you and your whole family, TINY! D'Onofrio is a GOD.

Quote:
Daniel Day Lewis has the kind of range you're talking about.

Never been a huge fan, but he's a fine actor, yes.

Quote:
Christian Bale is not to be overlooked either. I think he's going for kind of a modern Deniro kind of thing. Or maybe Pacino. His Batman role was his most boring and straight-forward by far. Look at American Psycho > The Machinist > the Fighter > American Hustle > the Big Short. He's really quite something.

Agreed, really great actor. (Great mumblecore actor, too. ). True story: when James Lipton asked Amy Adams (we're being chauvinist pigs here, by the way — Adams destroys at least 90 to 95% of male actors out there) what working with Bale was, she said she had met him, and he was "lovely", but she felt she had worked with Dicky and Irving, not with Christian Bale. There's a Method man for ya.

Anyway, as for who truly is THE MAN in this day and age, there can be only one answer:

Old 06.24.2017, 12:17 PM   #34
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

Private "Gomer Pyle" wasn't played particularly well?! Fuck you and your whole family, TINY! D'Onofrio is a GOD.

Never been a huge fan, but he's a fine actor, yes.

Agreed, really great actor. (Great mumblecore actor, too. ). True story: when James Lipton asked Amy Adams (we're being chauvinist pigs here, by the way — Adams destroys at least 90 to 95% of male actors out there) what working with Bale was, she said she had met him, and he was "lovely", but she felt she had worked with Dicky and Irving, not with Christian Bale. There's a Method man for ya.

Anyway, as for who truly is THE MAN in this day and age, there can be only one answer:

D'onofrio was excellent in Full Metal Jacket, but that's more because everything in that film was excellent. He did what he was told, and he did it well. Still not a brilliant performance, just a really memorable character and a particularly mind-blowing segment of a near-perfect film.

Re: Shannon (that is Michael Shannon, yeah?) he's very good, but not the best out there.

And yeah, Amy Adams annihilates just about everyone. Tidal Swinton is something else too. As is Cate Blanchet. But Amy... oh, Amy.
Old 06.26.2017, 07:55 PM   #35
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Re: Shannon (that is Michael Shannon, yeah?) he's very good, but not the best out there.
SACRILEGE.

Quote:
Tidal Swinton is something else too.
Can you for ONCE not refer to something linked to Jay-Z and his buddies? It's TILDA Swinton, you sick kanyewestfreudianslip degenerate!

Old 06.26.2017, 08:05 PM   #36
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
SACRILEGE.

Can you for ONCE not refer to something linked to Jay-Z and his buddies? It's TILDA Swinton, you sick kanyewestfreudianslip degenerate!

Wait, how is Tilda Swinton linked to Jay-Z? I genuinely have no idea, or if I do I've forgotten and it's been pushed to the absolute back of my brain. I known of no degrees of Kevin Bacon between Tilda and Jay or between Tilda and Kanye.

Also, I'm really not that big into Jay anymore, and I don't think I talk about him much at all anymore. He has a new album coming, so I'm fervently hoping it isn't a disappointment, so I've mentioned him recently, but it's not as though I talk about Jay Z with any kind of regularity here. Kanye? Yeah. Kendrick? But Jay Z? Not in a while mon frere... not in a while.

Also shut up!
Old 06.26.2017, 08:12 PM   #37
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Wait, how is Tilda Swinton linked to Jay-Z? I genuinely have no idea, or if I do I've forgotten and it's been pushed to the absolute back of my brain. I known of no degrees of Kevin Bacon between Tilda and Jay or between Tilda and Kanye.

Also, I'm really not that big into Jay anymore, and I don't think I talk about him much at all anymore. He has a new album coming, so I'm fervently hoping it isn't a disappointment, so I've mentioned him recently, but it's not as though I talk about Jay Z with any kind of regularity here. Kanye? Yeah. Kendrick? But Jay Z? Not in a while mon frere... not in a while.

Also shut up!

I honestly don't know whether you've finally lost it or what the fuck. You typed/"tapped" "TIDAL Swinton".

Old 06.26.2017, 08:19 PM   #38
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Amy rules.
Old 06.26.2017, 08:47 PM   #39
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I honestly don't know whether you've finally lost it or what the fuck. You typed/"tapped" "TIDAL Swinton".

Oh you dickhead. I'm using my phone, and the last word I typed that was similar to that was TIDAL.

Haha. That is funny that I did that though.

Here I thought you were going to point out some connection between Tilda (it just auto-corrected to "Tulsa" this time) and Jay Z -- like maybe Tilda was in this or that video, or is suspected of having slept with Jay behind Beyoncé's back... and I was totally going to be like, "Looks like YOU'RE the one who's obsessed... I had no clue about any of that!"

Bahahaha!

Also, it seems weird that the only possible explanations you're willing to entertain for this typo are that
A) I've "finally lost it" due to my obvious Tell Tale Heart-level psychotic obsession with... Jay Z and his dumb music service that I don't use,
OR B) "what the fuck."

Dickhead.
Old 06.26.2017, 08:48 PM   #40
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Amy rules.

What the hell man? Go beat up Soup Nazi and defend my honor!

How come you never have my back, bra?

Is it because I, like, literally never have yours?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth