Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.14.2009, 09:19 AM   #821
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
You guys are totally right. The onlything I liked about
12 was the new battle system which did get ol rather quickly. I dsnt finsh the game after realizing it took me close to 70 hours to get to the end
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2009, 09:27 AM   #822
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Yanks have a tendancy to heavily criticise RPGs that wasn't made by Bethesda, BioWare or Blizzard.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2009, 09:28 AM   #823
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I hate Blizzard.
Old 11.14.2009, 10:10 AM   #824
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a Blizzfan. but not hugely into it. Fact I quit WoW....for now.

anywho. I also think FFX was bad. Wasn't that big a fan of that one too.
Old 11.14.2009, 01:32 PM   #825
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I'm a Blizzfan. but not hugely into it. Fact I quit WoW....for now.

anywho. I also think FFX was bad. Wasn't that big a fan of that one too.

Again you're in a minority, as FFX has a metascore of 92. The Official US Playstation Magazine said: "Packs in more quality gameplay than most RPGs could ever hope for".
Old 11.14.2009, 01:34 PM   #826
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Playboy reviews video games?
Old 11.14.2009, 02:22 PM   #827
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Yanks have a tendancy to heavily criticise RPGs that wasn't made by Bethesda, BioWare or Blizzard.

I have no idea what games the first two companies have made, and Blizzard blows.

My favorite RPG's were made by Enix and Atlus.

Also re: being in the minority, Square games hardly ever get bad reviews, unless it's, like, a SaGa game or something. Which is hilarious, since Square hasn't made any good games since the PS1 era (aside from Dragon Quest VIII of course -- but that was the brilliant Level-5's doing). Square is, like, the most important developer in the world, to the extent that their contributions to a system can make or break it (especially in Japan). Hell, Famitsu gave that Dirge of Cerberus game (which was terrible, maybe the worst PS2 game I ever played) an amazing score. That's cuz Square owns the world. I don't really trust magazine/website reviews when it comes to Square games. On the other hand, if I go over to gamefaqs and read some reviews by people like myself, a good amount of them don't have many good things to say about this game.

Shrug. It doesn't matter either way, I just hated it. I've completely played through every FF game except 2, and I just hate it.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2009, 02:23 PM   #828
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Just found this hilarious article on FF12..

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=ff12

PENELO
Vaan's childhood friend, who was orphaned during the Empire's final strike against Rabanastre. Penelo is even less important than Vaan and stops speaking about 1/3 through the game. She contributes absolutely nothing to the party except for an occasional comic quip and her conspicuously pert buttocks.

Old 11.14.2009, 02:44 PM   #829
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

People with slightly unhinged minds do feel a pathological need to go against the grain. They try to convince people they're somehow gifted with a unique thought pattern that seperates them from the universal thinking of the rest of the population. In other words, they're contrived and pretentious jerks.
Old 11.14.2009, 03:39 PM   #830
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

nah dood. I'm cool.
Old 11.14.2009, 04:02 PM   #831
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
nah dood. I'm cool.

Good.
Old 11.14.2009, 04:13 PM   #832
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I have no idea what games the first two companies have made, and Blizzard blows.

My favorite RPG's were made by Enix and Atlus.

Also re: being in the minority, Square games hardly ever get bad reviews, unless it's, like, a SaGa game or something. Which is hilarious, since Square hasn't made any good games since the PS1 era (aside from Dragon Quest VIII of course -- but that was the brilliant Level-5's doing). Square is, like, the most important developer in the world, to the extent that their contributions to a system can make or break it (especially in Japan). Hell, Famitsu gave that Dirge of Cerberus game (which was terrible, maybe the worst PS2 game I ever played) an amazing score. That's cuz Square owns the world. I don't really trust magazine/website reviews when it comes to Square games. On the other hand, if I go over to gamefaqs and read some reviews by people like myself, a good amount of them don't have many good things to say about this game.

Shrug. It doesn't matter either way, I just hated it. I've completely played through every FF game except 2, and I just hate it.

Bethesda: The Elder Scrolls. Fallout 3.
BioWare: Baldur's Gate. Neverwinter Nights. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Dragon Age: Origins.
Old 11.14.2009, 04:50 PM   #833
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the final fantasy series should just finish, it's become so formulaic. something bad happens to teenage boy, he discovers a plot by a crazed monarch, he discovers that the monarch is the puppet of a mad man intent on destroying the world, every time the boy is about to put a stop to the mad man something happens to prevent him and he ends up not being able to do it until the very last feasible second before the world blows up. throw in some obvious moralising about exploiting the environment and the corruption that comes with power....blablabla. one of the things that sucked about XII is that you couldn't turn the voice acting off, it was awful.
The problem i found with the license board is that once you start filling it out all your characters and up with pretty much the same abilities, and what the point of that?
It did look like the Phantom Menace too, which is obviously verging on criminal.

When I played through IX recently the first thing I noticed is how little game play there is, you have to play for 5 or 6 hours to get to the first dungeon, the rest of the time it's dialogue dialogue dialogue, and little button pressing challenges like the sword fight in the intro, it seemed to me that only about one third of the first disc are you actually playing the game rather than watching it. plus the other thing that pissed me off was the annoying flashy intro to every single battle where the camera is swooping and zooming around before you can actually start fight, more often than not the intro to the battle would last longer than the fight itself... lame.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2009, 04:53 PM   #834
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
pretty much every Square game for 8 and 16-bit era are great. Seriously.
Old 11.14.2009, 05:00 PM   #835
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
pretty much every Square game for 8 and 16-bit era are great. Seriously.

yeah, i haven't played any 8bit ones, but their SNES games are all fantastic, Secret of Mana probably being my favourite. Vagrant Story for the PS is probably my favourite Square game ever and one of my top 2 RPGs
Old 11.14.2009, 05:21 PM   #836
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
the final fantasy series should just finish, it's become so formulaic. something bad happens to teenage boy, he discovers a plot by a crazed monarch, he discovers that the monarch is the puppet of a mad man intent on destroying the world, every time the boy is about to put a stop to the mad man something happens to prevent him and he ends up not being able to do it until the very last feasible second before the world blows up. throw in some obvious moralising about exploiting the environment and the corruption that comes with power....blablabla. one of the things that sucked about XII is that you couldn't turn the voice acting off, it was awful.
The problem i found with the license board is that once you start filling it out all your characters and up with pretty much the same abilities, and what the point of that?
It did look like the Phantom Menace too, which is obviously verging on criminal.

When I played through IX recently the first thing I noticed is how little game play there is, you have to play for 5 or 6 hours to get to the first dungeon, the rest of the time it's dialogue dialogue dialogue, and little button pressing challenges like the sword fight in the intro, it seemed to me that only about one third of the first disc are you actually playing the game rather than watching it. plus the other thing that pissed me off was the annoying flashy intro to every single battle where the camera is swooping and zooming around before you can actually start fight, more often than not the intro to the battle would last longer than the fight itself... lame.

Name any game you like and I bet someone has slagged it off.
Old 11.14.2009, 07:23 PM   #837
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

for sure, name any anything
Old 11.15.2009, 06:13 PM   #838
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I"m settin' up my XBL account and I can't think of a gamertag
Old 11.15.2009, 06:52 PM   #839
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
how about something like... EVOLghost
Old 11.15.2009, 08:14 PM   #840
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
People with slightly unhinged minds do feel a pathological need to go against the grain. They try to convince people they're somehow gifted with a unique thought pattern that seperates them from the universal thinking of the rest of the population. In other words, they're contrived and pretentious jerks.

Yeah, except I didn't really pay any attention to any hype the game received, I played it and formed my own opinion and only after playing it did I see that "professional" reviewers (motivated by ad revenue) like the game. It's flat-out boring and shit, to me, there's nothing to it. It is such a mess of a game, it feels unfinished, etc. If people like it for some weird reason, that's cool, I'd rather play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Mother 3, Contact, and various other RPG's that came out around the same time. Just a personal preference.

394041 42 4344455292142 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth