Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Good Ol San Francisco and the Good Ol Grateful Dead!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.23.2006, 01:41 AM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I just saw a pretty decent dead cover band last night, at some hole in the wall. they had me dancing all night! I was impressed, they were much more skilled and sophisticated players the so-called "parking lot dead" players like myself. I found my new tuesday night thing.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 04:41 AM   #2
khchris
little trouble girl

khchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I just saw a pretty decent dead cover band last night, at some hole in the wall. they had me dancing all night! I was impressed, they were much more skilled and sophisticated players the so-called "parking lot dead" players like myself. I found my new tuesday night thing.

Those were the days!!

seeing the dead(original) that is.
khchris is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 04:42 AM   #3
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
my mum and dad met at a grateful dead gig. ha ha.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2006, 03:05 PM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Was it the Dark Star Orchestra?
Old 03.23.2006, 03:07 PM   #5
spiritbears
bad moon rising

spiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-festspiritbears has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
do you listen to the dead on acid??? tried that once in college...not a good time....maybe just me....I prefer more noise and feedback....
Old 03.23.2006, 04:44 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
dude, of I man dont deal with LSD, but of course I listen to the Dead on mushrooms. that was my, shall we say, introduction. a music professor asked me why the Dead is considered psychedelic. He hadn't really heard much of the late sixties and ealry seventies gigs, culminating with the Fillmore East gigs or those good jams like Playing in the Band. He asked, is it the drugs? I said, honestly, psychedelic plants are part of the psychedelic musical experience, so yes.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2006, 01:40 AM   #7
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
dude, of I man dont deal with LSD.

JAH! Rastafari That's exactly right. We don't deal w/ that stuff. & I get upset when people connect rastafarianism w/ herb blazing. That's not what this religion is about. & like us rasta's say, "Burn to live, don't live to burn".
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth