Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Bootlegs Share/Trade Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2008, 09:25 PM   #1041
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
...something like that hahaha...just making the best of an extended layover

yeah, it's an exceedingly seedy part of town...saw the old world's fair remnants from '82...

Milhouse: Wait! How about a fair? Not just a county fair, not just a
Europe fair, but a World's fair -- the World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Bart: Keep reading.
Milhouse: The Hungarians have built a giant motorized Rubik's cube, and
the fair's symbol is the SunSphere, which sits atop a 266-foot tall steel shaft.
Bart: What's inside?
Milhouse: An information desk.
Bart, Nelson & Martin: Cooool!
Bart: So what do you say, guys, Disney World or Knoxville?"
All: Knoxville! Knoxville! Knoxville!

An exceedingly funny Simpsons moment from season 7's "Bart On The Road"
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2008, 09:29 PM   #1042
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
message board with oodles of bootlegs for non-torrent download...some are good
all http://boots.forum2go.nl
audio only http://boots.forum2go.nl/audio-share-f1-150.html
Old 07.20.2008, 12:06 AM   #1043
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
The Nels Cline Singers
Friday, July 18, 2008
The Bijou Theatre
Knoxville, TN

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=516876

Enjoy!

Kickass! I just got back from the one at the Orange Peel! Two sets worth of electric jazz goodness. Seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen. Met the guys afterwards, all super nice. I don't think anyone taped it though
Old 07.20.2008, 12:57 AM   #1044
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
jamc boots pleaseeeeee

also

if anyone wants any hole boots i can provide them for you
Old 07.20.2008, 01:31 AM   #1045
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Kickass! I just got back from the one at the Orange Peel! Two sets worth of electric jazz goodness. Seriously one of the best shows I've ever seen. Met the guys afterwards, all super nice. I don't think anyone taped it though

Same Here, met Nels, Scott, Devin, & they were just really easy to talk w/. Nels showed us after the show that megamouth he uses. He says they don't make them anymore. I also bought some of their CD's...

Scott Amendola Band - Believe
The Nels Cline Singers - Draw Breath
Plays Monk - S/T

As for recording at The Orange Peel, it always seems like the shows that you want to be taped the most at that place, never are.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2008, 08:09 AM   #1046
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I'm still waiting for the Breeders show to surface (but it probably won't)

Nels was talking about there were very few people at the Bijou and he realized that he could work the stage and do infomercial/motivational type things. I asked about using the metal whisk on a guitar. As for cds I bought
NCS-Draw Breath
Nels(and others)-The Inkling
Nels(and others)-New Monastery
Scott Ameneolda Band-Believe
Devin Hoff-Solo Bass

I'm going to try to get the other Singers records soon before they become unable to find.
Old 07.20.2008, 08:10 AM   #1047
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
jamc boots pleaseeeeee

also

if anyone wants any hole boots i can provide them for you

What kind of boots do you want? I have 8 or so Psychocandy era shows (including the London Poly Riot) and one or two reunion shows.
Old 07.20.2008, 08:15 AM   #1048
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Yeah, I'm still waiting for the Breeders show to surface (but it probably won't)

Nels was talking about there were very few people at the Bijou and he realized that he could work the stage and do infomercial/motivational type things. I asked about using the metal whisk on a guitar. As for cds I bought
NCS-Draw Breath
Nels(and others)-The Inkling
Nels(and others)-New Monastery
Scott Ameneolda Band-Believe
Devin Hoff-Solo Bass

I'm going to try to get the other Singers records soon before they become unable to find.

Yeah, Instrumentals might be a lost record someday. There were very few people at the Bijou, but apparently, there were fewer people at the previous show.

I have a little favor to ask, anyway you could upload the Nels (& others), & Devin Hoff CD's? I'll gladly up, Plays Monk in return.
-George Carlin
Old 07.20.2008, 08:18 AM   #1049
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I can upload but I'm limited on bandwidth, so the best I could manage would be like a 160 VBR, I can still upload them, if you want, and I can upload them lossless in a month's time.
Old 07.20.2008, 08:24 AM   #1050
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
I can upload but I'm limited on bandwidth, so the best I could manage would be like a 160 VBR, I can still upload them, if you want, and I can upload them lossless in a month's time.

That's fine, I don't want you to have to worry about anything when uploading/seeding. I'll happily wait, but do let me know when you'll be able to.

I'll up that Plays Monk sometime soon.
-George Carlin
Old 07.20.2008, 08:27 AM   #1051
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sure, I'll send you a message whenever I upload them. I'll be back on unlimited bandwidth internet in a month and I'll be able to upload those for you and download the show you record.
Old 07.20.2008, 08:51 AM   #1052
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Thanks! I did upload an mp3 version of the show. It's 320kbps, so if you're able to, here's the link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHYP5SSK
-George Carlin
Old 07.20.2008, 11:38 AM   #1053
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Thanks! I'll check my usage and I might download that.

Here are some pictures I took at the show. They're blurry because Nels wouldn't hold still and I don't like using flash when I'm only 7 feet away.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2603758...7606276327955/
Old 07.20.2008, 11:51 AM   #1054
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Thanks! I'll check my usage and I might download that.

Here are some pictures I took at the show. They're blurry because Nels wouldn't hold still and I don't like using flash when I'm only 7 feet away.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2603758...7606276327955/

Nice, I could see how it my be hard to take those Nels pics. At one point during our show, he was playing on one leg. & I rather like the darker concert photos. They have more of a presence than w/ flash.

Thanks for sharing!
-George Carlin
Old 07.20.2008, 11:59 AM   #1055
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

I almost had to stop myself laughing when he does the knee lift thing. He must have lifted that one knee a hundred times during the sets. I wish I would have taken more pictures with the motion setting, I only took one (the one with the complete black background, the lights didn't show up), because that one turned out the best.
Old 07.30.2008, 10:54 PM   #1056
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

which one?

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 11:07 PM   #1057
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrés
which one?

06/12/08-Orange Peel, Asheville, NC

Not sure if it exists. I know the Orange Peel allows taping and a lot of shows there are taped. Dino Jr and so on.
Old 08.07.2008, 02:36 PM   #1058
atari 2600
invito al cielo

more Pavement

8/26/94 Reading FM & 11/16/99 Tilburg remastered sbd
2 shows on this page
http://mixingdesk.blogspot.com/search/label/Pavement

3/02/94 Melkweg, Amsterdam FM lossless .wav
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GW44812
1 Unfair/2 Cut Your Hair/3 Debris Slide/4 Heaven Is A Truck
5 Stop Breathing/6 Hit The Plane Down/7 She Believes/8 Summer Babe
Old 08.14.2008, 04:19 PM   #1059
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Pre
The Tower Bar, San Diego, CA
Saturday 19th April 2008

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w92z29

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2008, 03:49 AM   #1060
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
I found the link on a blog...

Sunburned Hand of the Man
Indigo2, London, UK 24 Apr 2008

Paul Labrecque * drums [1st part]/gtr/FX
John Moloney * drums [2nd part]/FX/vox
Sarah O' Shea * FX/vox
Robert Thomas * bass/FX
Ron Schneiderman * gtr/FX

2 untitled jams, 39 minutes TRT.
SBD -> HP iRiver H120 -> SoundForge -> FLAC

Recorded by pjc (http://www.dimeadozen.org//account-details.php?id=4506)

URL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UTDDE1R6
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
43505152 53 54555663103 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth