Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Breaking Bad
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.24.2013, 05:54 PM   #81
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
One bit of confusion was the guys in black who confronted Skyler in the baby's bedroom at the White's house. When the "hider" returns to visit Walt a month later, he references Skyler and the kids living in an apartment. Are we to believe Skyler and the kids left the house due to the guys in black or just because the residence was RICO-ed?

Any thoughts why the guys in black let Skyler and the baby live, but didn't hesitate to kill Jessie's ex-girlfriend?

the guys in black are the nazis, they threatened skylar because lydia quayle asked them to, she admits this in the cafe scene with todd, who is the guy in the black mask that was talking to skylar. she wanted to have skyler threatened because skyler saw her in the car wash talking to walt and knew she was involved in meth. now that skyler was talking to the cops lydia didnt want skyler to mention her involvement to the cops. also lydia probably assumed skyler knew exactly who she was because walt must said something for skyler to get that angry at lydia when skyler confronted lydia at the carwash.

they killed jesse' girlfriend to punish jesse for trying to escape. they probably intended him to think they would also kill her son brock if jesse tries to escape again.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2013, 05:56 PM   #82
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
walt does a science and the nazis die, but potato face escapes. jesse is about to scream 'yeah bitch' but gets mauled by a female dog and dies. walt junior becomes a criminal mastermind behind a billion dollar breakfast empire. potato face hits on lydia quayle who kill him then becomes a rich meth hoe and is bought into sexual slavery by walt junior. skylar and marie realize they were adopted and aren't sisters then become lovers. hank returns from the dead on a pale horse and rides into mexico to bring the law of the land to the savages. saul converts to judaism. skinny pete and the fat one join the dea. mikes granddaughter finds the barrels of money in the dead nazis hideout and spends it all on meth. walt jr puts on the heisenberg hat then starts to dance like michael jackson in the empty pool in the backyard, fade to black and the credits roll.

please let this be season 6
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2013, 08:26 PM   #83
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the guys in black are the nazis, they threatened skylar because lydia quayle asked them to, she admits this in the cafe scene with todd, who is the guy in the black mask that was talking to skylar. she wanted to have skyler threatened because skyler saw her in the car wash talking to walt and knew she was involved in meth. now that skyler was talking to the cops lydia didnt want skyler to mention her involvement to the cops. also lydia probably assumed skyler knew exactly who she was because walt must said something for skyler to get that angry at lydia when skyler confronted lydia at the carwash.

they killed jesse' girlfriend to punish jesse for trying to escape. they probably intended him to think they would also kill her son brock if jesse tries to escape again.

I'm aware the guys in black are nazis who Walt hired for various "jobs" in previous episodes. At the same time, it was clear Lydia Quayle was disappointed / mad they had not "taken care of" Skyler.

I just found it odd they were so easy handed in their dealings with Skyler and so matter of fact with Brock's mom......when in reality, she honesty didn't know a thing.

When you figured Brock's mom didn't know / hadn't seen Jessie in weeks while at the same time Skyler was plotting with Walt and eventually talking with authorities, the end result seems a little backwards to me.
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2013, 08:37 PM   #84
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I just found it odd they were so easy handed in their dealings with Skyler and so matter of fact with Brock's mom......when in reality, she honesty didn't know a thing.

When you figured Brock's mom didn't know / hadn't seen Jessie in weeks while at the same time Skyler was plotting with Walt and eventually talking with authorities, the end result seems a little backwards to me.

it's because they were dealt with differently, for different reasons each interaction with their own logic

as you remember potato face saying, "we have a lot of respect for your husband"

that is also why walt kept 11 million instead of getting the same deal as hank.

rezzzzpekt.

jesse is only a gimp and his girl was brown (not a favorite skintone with the aryan brotherhood)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2013, 10:14 PM   #85
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Starting tomorrow night at 7PM Central, AMC will start with the very first Breaking Bad and air them all through the conclusion of the Final Episode on Sundaynight (61 episodes in all).

For those who have missed out or just want to re-watch a few episodes, set your DVR's!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2013, 11:31 AM   #86
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm aware the guys in black are nazis who Walt hired for various "jobs" in previous episodes. At the same time, it was clear Lydia Quayle was disappointed / mad they had not "taken care of" Skyler.

OK, but the reason they killed brocks mom was to threaten jesse for trying to escape, not because she knew anything about the nazis, cos she didnt know anything at all about them. They wanted to send a message to Jesse - if you dont work for us, people you know and live are gonna die.

Skyler was living in a house surrounded by cops, under their watch constantly, she was the most high profile witness in a nation wide case. Killing her would be far too risky for the nazis. If they had killed her, the cops would immediately do everything they could to track them down. If Lydia hadnt told them to threaten her, they wouldnt even have gone near her.
Old 09.25.2013, 11:54 AM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i have seen the term "heisenberg personality" elsewhere on the internet so i'm assuming it's part of a common lexicon, and i can see it but i can also see that it's too geometric a construct to reduce the character to. a kind of jekyll/hyde thing.

but if you ever read the nabokov analysis of j/h, which is brilliant, he does a little venn diagram or something where hyde is part of jekyll but it's just a distilled "evil essence" (hyde is smaller). jekyll is (like all of us) a "mixed" thing.

anyway, so, while i can see the 2 "personalities" as a polarity (you could also call those poles meekness and pride if you wanted and it would still work), ultimately it's all just one person, with all the complexities that this entails (and here you could go back to the jungian chessboard/magic theatre in "steppenwolf", which, while highly unscientific, provides a more accurate poetic image, and maybe even it's more scientifically accurate anyway, given all the brain "organs" at work).

vince gilligan talked in some interview about the transformation of mr. chips into scarface (or something like that) and yes, "seyy hellow tu mai littul frenn" is evidently coming, but the problem i have with the on/off 2 person switch is that it turns art into geometry-- and it's too manichaean good vs. evil. makes sense?

anyway i feel terribly lame so looking forward to a tv show, but what's good is good no matter where you find it, and this season has been just fucking brilliant.

Does Heisenberg personality have to necessarily refer to a polarity or could there be more than just two differeing or conflicting or even reenforcing personality traits? Wait, I'm thinking this has something do with the Heisenberg principle, so I am interpreting the term as to imply that a certain personality is impossible to predict, which is a great concept, but when I googled this term it seems more so to be about the character in the show in particular, and I've never seen a single episode.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2013, 11:59 AM   #88
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Watched the latest Breaking Bad last night on Youtube thanks to the illegal uploaders (my heroes).
Awesome. Dread fills everything.
Old 09.25.2013, 12:02 PM   #89
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I don't want to watch a bunch of tweaker drama on television, there is enough of that going on peoples' real lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Krueger
Do you know what I hate? Tweakers..

Old 09.25.2013, 12:34 PM   #90
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i thought BBs depiction of meth addiction was very realistic. i mean, even when you have people digging holes and crushing their husbands skull with an atm, they still got away with that.

jesse' eternal house party and his angst in the NA meeting, all brilliant.
Old 09.25.2013, 12:35 PM   #91
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

yeah rabgur - get it while its hot
Old 09.25.2013, 12:38 PM   #92
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i thought BBs depiction of meth addiction was very realistic..

I wasn't accusing the show of glamorizing or romanticizing meth abuse, rather lamenting that meth has become such a standard aspect of 21st century life so as to become the theme of the most popular show on television. Sadly, the DEA suspects that there are more people who abuse meth daily than there are people who smoke pot daily! We're talking about like 20,000,000 to 6,000,000!!!! Holy shit that is a frightening prospect, because pot makes people hungry and listen to music, meth makes people utterly destroy their lives and the lives of most people close to them

Old 09.25.2013, 12:44 PM   #93
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

yeah totally.

meth, crack, coke - that kind of addiction will often give you permanent brain damage. i mean, its not polite to say but its true. coke will constrict some of the vascular veins in your brain. there's no going back from that.

i often wonder if part of the reason we no longer resort to holocausts is the fact its more profitable to harvest the brains and bodies of the underclass with drugs. you basically turn them into rats scrabbling about with all their energy to move coins around to get a cheap hit.

i mean, i know we dont have the kind of resource shortages that led to holocausts in the past. i just wonder what our societies would be like without any drugs or alcohol.
Old 09.25.2013, 12:46 PM   #94
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Drugs are part of politics. They entrench poverty, perpetrate complacency, and fuel criminality which in turn reenforces the super structures of the police state. Even worse, they provide a black market treasure chest to fund black OPS around the world, completely off the books of the government and therefore entirely off the radar

Old 09.25.2013, 12:55 PM   #95
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

In this country they provide funds for the paramilitaries who in turn pretend to be protecting their communities from drugs. All they are really doing is protecting their profits and beating anyone who tries to get in on the market.
Old 09.25.2013, 05:12 PM   #96
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
just finished watching ep 15.

and my thoughts while watching it in time order:

hmm better epidose, minus walt.
the jackie brown guy! ..so cool persona playing only a small role there..
oh nice landscape with cabin, idiot should had books with him.
'if i tell you, yes, will you believe me' best line in the whole series.*
ah a skroutz mac duck scene
so, the idiot prefers to stay with the money, than being around his family during the final months of his life.
yeah, thank you 'breaking bad' for reminding us about the love for money - we had skroutz mac duck for that already. we know that. and this isnt about what money does to people, although, nice try (*), this is an ego trip of a person who has serious and dangerous complexes as a character.
mmm whiskey in a small town bar in winter..will i ever have the chance to have a life in a small town or island?
right. him watching the origin of this complexes was a bigger shock, than the phonecall with his kid.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2013, 05:15 PM   #97
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

breakfast eatin pimp runnin' things
Old 09.25.2013, 05:16 PM   #98
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
LOL
Old 09.25.2013, 05:41 PM   #99
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I wasn't accusing the show of glamorizing or romanticizing meth abuse, rather lamenting that meth has become such a standard aspect of 21st century life so as to become the theme of the most popular show on television. Sadly, the DEA suspects that there are more people who abuse meth daily than there are people who smoke pot daily! We're talking about like 20,000,000 to 6,000,000!!!! Holy shit that is a frightening prospect, because pot makes people hungry and listen to music, meth makes people utterly destroy their lives and the lives of most people close to them

had only a glance on the latest posts
but this, i mean the meth problem, the scene on the telly at the end and perhaps the skroutz mc duck scene in the cabin -im having an argument with myself over the whole money 'message' of the series- could be the only things that might make me change my opinion about the series.
Old 09.25.2013, 05:52 PM   #100
Nefeli
invito al cielo

smth not entirely irrelevant, and whatever, i want to post it here.

http://www.strikemag.org/bullshit-jobs/

if nothing else, it made me recall of when i was in the university 89-93
and how i daydreamed about smth that a professor was telling us: that in 10 yrs, we will be working from home.
well, he mostly meant because of the technology, but i was daydreaming about few-er hours of work, more free time and better quality of life meaning with fewer stress.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth