Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page This forum has really gone to shit hasn't it?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.11.2010, 01:03 PM   #101
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Alright, but that does not mean everyone should enjoy every musical genre, or does it?

Techno, I think it sucks, and it's not music designed to be listened to, but to make people dance, so they can focus on what happens on the dance floor without being distracted by the music. (Autechre doesn't fit in the category imo)

you've never known what you were talking about though.
Old 08.11.2010, 01:05 PM   #102
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
fight! fight! fight! fight!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:17 PM   #103
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
But to diss up a whole genre (in that case, any music created with electronic instruments!), say your favorite music is superior, and saying a board has gone to shit because some people talk about music you don't like is plain ridiculous and sheer stupidity.
Yes but, this is a forum about SY, a VERY guitar-oriented band, and still you can find people here who dislike Daydream Nation, or anything else the band did record.
So why wouldn't electronic music be criticized, in that regard?
Quote:
but at least you admit it's subjective and don't pretend everyone should stop talking about techno because of this.
Sure. I like some electronic music myself.
But maybe you'll admit that there's a lot of dull techno (listen to 'fréquence gay'!)
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:25 PM   #104
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Most of rock or even alt-rock(god I hate that name) sucks also.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:27 PM   #105
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
so many touchy people.

the whole "too many people talkin bout techno" was a JOKE! I am known for my dislike of the techno, and seeing the title of the thread....

guess people just not feelin the anti-techno humor

OK. I will switch to anti-Justin Bieber. Easy! we all agree on that right? ha ha
Old 08.11.2010, 01:33 PM   #106
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and so what if I hate an entire genre? Big fucking deal.

genre's hated by rob I

champagne music
techno (I know it is not really a genre, so chills)
slow jams (Rhythm & bullshit)
ambient
polka
easy listening
smooth jazz
pop punk, or more specifically punky pop.
light opera
reggaeton

etc etc

if we were all to list the genres we do not enjoy it would lead to a cataclysm seeing as how touchy people are about their personal faves.

I am the hugest sonic youth fanatic, and daydream antion is my masterpiece for living, the only album I would take to a desert island if I had to pick, but I can understand why someone would have a difering opinion./

so many people post on here about how that album is boring to them. doesn't upset me (I don;t agree of course),

I think the whole point of this forum is to bring together disparate minds with dispaarte tastes who just so happen to overlap when it comes to sonic youth.

there are peopel on this board tha really do not like sonic youth's studio albums preferring the severity of their SYR series. There are people here who only like the first 6 LP's. It takes all kinds, yes, even people who HATE techno music.
Old 08.11.2010, 01:41 PM   #107
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Did you ever read your own posts or threads? 90% are all about how much you despise this forum or certain people who post on here. Which leaves the other 10% for how much you hate someone in real life. Who's sad? MIAOW!

"hey jon boy let's have a fight and see who's ego is bigger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
And you need?
i need you to shut the hell up
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:42 PM   #108
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha, anyway...

porky:

imagine this "demotivation" style poster:

THE SKY
falling continuously on the internet since 1993

--

yes, things fall apart and will never stop doing that.

funny thing, you've managed to stir some controversy & get more people to post. good strategy! i'd rep you if i could, but it appears i'm out of ammunition.

some of the things you say i think are right, but i don't get your hate for satana-- you may not like how she demands attention (who here doesn't, in one way or another, for their own reasons), but she hasn't done you any harm, has she? i like the brat for her shitkicking attitude, that's why i ask.

and amerikangod, ok, he says the same things over and over, and his humor might not be agreeable to all, but even in his repetitive gimmick he can be funny because of his rhethorical skills. and yes, flotters tends to repeat things that make you impatient-- but if people are not harming you, why not skip ahead and let them live?

then again, people took offense at your thread and that got them posting-- good job! 100+ posts less than 24 hours? that hasn't happened here in ages.
I don't hate anyone on this or any forum. I make a very good internet impersonation of one who does, though, and mainly to entartain myself when I don't have anything better to do. Messing around with the medium and stuff.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:43 PM   #109
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
the "medium" hahahha

porkmarras est un artiste.
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:45 PM   #110
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

a ribald artiste'
Old 08.11.2010, 01:45 PM   #111
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yes but, this is a forum about SY, a VERY guitar-oriented band, and still you can find people here who dislike Daydream Nation, or anything else the band did record.
So why wouldn't electronic music be criticized, in that regard?
Because Sonic Youth is one band, while electronic music is a whole culture (or rather, actually, many different cultures). You may criticize, I don't know, fidget house, or dubstep, or minimal techno, I don't know, whatever your taste is. But criticizing any music made with electronic instruments? Ridiculous.

Quote:
Sure. I like some electronic music myself.
But maybe you'll admit that there's a lot of dull techno (listen to 'fréquence gay'!)
In my opinion there is much more dull rock music than dull techno. And dull rock is REALLY, REALLY dull, to the point that it makes you want to puke, while you can often forget the super shit aspects of stupid techno tunes and still have fun - I did not say ALWAYS.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 01:56 PM   #112
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
the "medium" hahahha

porkmarras est un artiste.
Is the unborn baby laughing with you or just just gave you a kick in order to get some peace and quiet? I can almost hear it going ''fuck, this will be my mother soon!''.
Old 08.11.2010, 01:59 PM   #113
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

fuck all techno.

there you have it

get a grip on it

so fucking WHAT?

a person who is a righteous follower of electronic music and hates all forms of blues-based rock is entitled to say he thinks "ROCK SUCKS"

I am entitled to think TECHNO SUCKS.
Old 08.11.2010, 02:01 PM   #114
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

[quote=SYRFox]

In my opinion there is much more dull rock music than dull techno. [quote]

I bolded and enlarged the exact part of yr statement that you should take into consideration when deciding to berate someone for thinking the exact same thing but about your chosen genre.
Old 08.11.2010, 02:02 PM   #115
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
dont smash the monitor rob

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 02:04 PM   #116
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Sonic Giants!
Old 08.11.2010, 02:06 PM   #117
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Opinions are like onions...cut into one and the tears start flowing.
Old 08.11.2010, 02:07 PM   #118
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
Opinions are like onions...cut into one and the tears start flowing.

ha ha ha. why doesn't this thing let me rep you? why?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.11.2010, 02:08 PM   #119
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
'Cause it is faulty. Faulty.
Old 08.11.2010, 02:11 PM   #120
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha. why doesn't this thing let me rep you? why?

i did it for you

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth