Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page JACK ROSE/ ASTRAL TRAVELING UNTIY/ PHANTOM LIMB cd'S
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2006, 12:46 PM   #1
voided
bad moon rising

voided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's assesvoided kicks all y'all's asses
some spam for you.. just releaed this AM Mp3 samples and pics as in the links below. Check below for jack Rose tour dates as well.. if you want off the mailing list drop me a line thanks Slimm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop2.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop3.htm
http://www.archivecd.com/shop4.htm
sslimm@comcast.net

JACK ROSEuntitled CD of all brand new exclusive studio recordings from Mr Rose.
Audio- 7 tunes in all of laptop slide guitar work some recorded with the fellow who did Kensington Blues and some recorded with Mr Bardo Pond at Lemur House in Philly. I’ll load up the first track for a sample in a few days but fucking wow this is amazing work.. actually I’m a tad embarrassed to have this thing riding on my watch as it sounds so damn nice… great tunes though that touch on a few different styles from Jack. This disc is will be 1000 pieces and that’s it kids.. Jack will have a good chunk with him on upcoming November and December dates when he wanders across the US.
Package- For this one I teamed up with fellow label owner, and old time friend, Keith Utech. We hacked out a nifty new package..Keith did all the design/ graphic works which I’m super happy with. This release will come in a full letterpress print deal with diecut front cover that frames an old turn of the century photo of some of Jack’s kin from Virginia area that were fiddle and guitar players. Covers are in the bindery phase and I’m hoping this all goes smoothly.
$13.50 postpaid in the US

PHANTOM LIMB+ TETUZI AKIYAMA
AUDIO- ontime meeting between Tetuzi Akiyama and Phantom Limb (1/2 of PSI) recorded back a few months ago at Free103point9 radio in Brooklyn. Basically a 30min’ish improv drone piece for two guitars and two organ type things. all and all was a fun night with cool tunes, so good to get this thing out into the world for more then the 20 people that were actually there to hear it.
PACKAGE- single pressing of 500 copies dropped in a two sided silkscreened deal art work by Fritz Welch of PSI and others, silkscreening from Alan Sherry over at SIWA records.
$13 postpaid in the US

ASTRAL TRAVELING UNITY “studio and live CD”
a nifty spacey drone unit from Japan featuring HIROSHI HASAGAWA of CCCC, Astromero, Astro and others on synth, other members include Junzo Suzuki, Yammato, Yamauchi, Shiro, and Fumie. Live track also has Makota Kawabata making a guest fly by.
AUDIO- one studio cut and one live track both recorded late in 2005. Basically spacey drone stuff for guitars, sitar, analog synth and other odds and ends.
PACKAGE- single pressing of 600 copies comes with an acetate cover featuring some nice scans of some oil paintings from Hiroshi that looked some nice and unique on their own that I basically just reproduced them for both the front and back cover. Disc face is an offset print reproduction of a CDR I found washed up on the beach in the early spring
$13 POSTPAID IN THE US

Jack rose tour dates below
Sat. November 18th - Visalia, CA - Howies
Sun. November 19th - Los Angeles, CA
Mon. November 20th - Santa Cruz - The Attic
Tues. November 21st - San Francisco, CA - The Hemlock Tavern

EAST COAST:
Mon. November 27th - Baltimore, MD
Tues. November 28th - Washington, DC
Wed. November 29th - Pittsburgh, PA - Andy Warhol Museum
Thurs. November 30th - Columbus, OH - Wexner Center of the Arts
Fri. December 1st - Cincinnati, OH