Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Broken Social Scene
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.17.2020, 09:13 AM   #1
Debaser
empty page

Debaser has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I don't know what is about them but love 'em. I don't alway like they're stuff (especially their last last Eps) but jesus they have a knack of an amazing tune.

The fact they've played or befriended the likes of Johnny Marr, J Mascis, John McEntire, Damo Suzuki...they must be doing something right
Debaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2020, 08:06 AM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I feel like they kinda fizzled a bit. They’re responsible for one of the great albums of the 2000s with You Forgot it in People, obviously, and their debut is the sweet spot between tuneful, melancholic indie and post-rock. Their self-titled album was solid, and Forgiveness Rock Record had some charm. But I don’t even remember what Hug of Thunder or their recent EPs sounded like.

Oh hey, Spirit If… by Kevin Drew is pretty great. Probably the best thing since YFIIP, aside from Bee Hives
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth