Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SG:C2C - March 1, '96
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2006, 03:28 PM   #1
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I apologize if this has been posted before, but has anyone seen the Thurston performance from that episode? It's an extra on the Space Ghost: Coast to Coast vol. 2 DVD, perhaps one of my favorite Thurston performances of all time. It's only about 5 minutes, ultra-high quality so you can see every note he plays, just Thurston (in a Sun Ra shirt) and a drummer - can't remember who the drummer is, though. It's amazing. He's also the guest in the Sonny Sharrock tribute episode, but doesn't really say much.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 03:44 PM   #2
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Just watched it the other day!!! My friend bought the DVD.
Old 06.16.2009, 01:08 PM   #3
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xmKnFgnNW4

I just found this thanks to Tokolosh's post in another thread, don't think i've seen it before.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 02:00 PM   #5
mil_pl
expwy. to yr skull

mil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's assesmil_pl kicks all y'all's asses
ha! sounds awesome, really good improvisation, thanks.

mil_pl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 02:23 PM   #6
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
what the hell is that?

cheers!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 03:17 PM   #7
thisisradioclash
empty page

thisisradioclash has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I loved that performance - got the DVD, too. The whole episode was a tribute to Sonny Sharrock, who I believe had just died. If you see the episode, there's barely any dialogue, just a ton of Sonny's music - he composed the theme for the show, of course. That was Thurston's tribute to him.
thisisradioclash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 08:53 PM   #8
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pO9C...=related&pos=1

There is a super limited edition cd of Sonny Sharrock specifically with the music that appeared in that episode plus some more, i have mp3 files of it somewhere that i got a long time ago on napster... it may take me awhile to track those files down or maybe a cdr copy i made of it...

i'm gonna guess the thurston/surgal piece is an early document of their collaboration (besides the few times where Thurston actually probably played w/ the Blue Humans or a version of that group; i.e. the very first release on Matador a noise collaboration compilation called "New York Eye and Ear Control" which at the time consisted of Tom Surgal, Rudolph Grey, Alan Licht...etc) which would continue through to the late 90's.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 10:40 PM   #9
thisisradioclash
empty page

thisisradioclash has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Wow, I've been looking for that album for years. If you could track it down and share it, that would be amazing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pO9C...=related&pos=1

There is a super limited edition cd of Sonny Sharrock specifically with the music that appeared in that episode plus some more, i have mp3 files of it somewhere that i got a long time ago on napster... it may take me awhile to track those files down or maybe a cdr copy i made of it...

i'm gonna guess the thurston/surgal piece is an early document of their collaboration (besides the few times where Thurston actually probably played w/ the Blue Humans or a version of that group; i.e. the very first release on Matador a noise collaboration compilation called "New York Eye and Ear Control" which at the time consisted of Tom Surgal, Rudolph Grey, Alan Licht...etc) which would continue through to the late 90's.
thisisradioclash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth