Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page 2Pac
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.01.2007, 05:21 PM   #61
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha! didn't they recently reunite?

kurupt was on the sa-ra allstars album. if you haven't heard that shit, you NEED to find it. one of the highlights of the album is on the song with kurupt, actually, and goes "all we want to do is smoke some weed and sip some lean...nigga." and while i do neither, i can still relate.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 01:59 PM   #62
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing

......a trustafarian who thinks he knows every fucking thing about black people in the world because he read some garvey (which, if he really understood, he would realise there are black nationalists that would love to have his head on a fucking platter for insulting them), rocks out to bob marley, and smokes pot. i'd rather deal with an everyday joe than one like that or any other forced eccentric. i really think you'd be a neat dude if you didn't try so hard, but you do, so fuck it.

how cute, more silly stereotypes. you know, its funny, when I was just a white guy who read Garvey, black people didn't take so much offense to it, but as a "white rasta" who reads Garvey, all of a sudden I don't know what I am talking about. thats ok, I am not here to profess to know anything of what I am talking about, only Igzee'o Igziabeher (the Lord) knows anything and everything. but check it kind sir, when you mash down against those who are for you, you are only destroying yourself, for he who is not against you is for you, and if I as a white Rasta promote Garvey, and the repratriation of those of African descent to Africa according to the teaching of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, and promote univeral love, peace and understanding, then shouldn't you, feel that I am for you? unless of course, you are like one of those 10,000 careless Ethiopians, and don't really care about Africa. But that is not me for me to interpret or decide, that is yr life, but really, dont feel like just because you have an African ancestor means you can insult and disrespect I-man's lifestyle, simply because you dont agree with it, but at the same time, feel like you are the expert simply because of yr said African ancestory.

by the way... Makaveli is the CHRIST of hip hop.

and further,
Marcus Garvey's words come to pass....
Where is Bagawire, he's nowhere to be found
He can't be found
That First betrayer who gave away Marcus Garvey
Son of Satan, First prophesy,
Catch them, Garvey catch them....
oh oh...
hold them Marcus hold them...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 06:27 PM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
val-holla-ing][/b]

......a trustafarian who thinks he knows every fucking thing about black people in the world because he read some garvey (which, if he really understood, he would realise there are black nationalists that would love to have his head on a fucking platter for insulting them), rocks out to bob marley, and smokes pot. i'd rather deal with an everyday joe than one like that or any other forced eccentric. i really think you'd be a neat dude if you didn't try so hard, but you do, so fuck it.

also,
I haven't read some Garvey, I have read ALL of His Honorable Marcus Garvey's speeches, writings, and comments (private and public) that are publically available. Marcus Mosiah Garvey is a prophet of the highest Order, and all of his words have both come to pass and are being fulfilled, even in this very conversation.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2007, 07:17 PM   #64
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not big on 'hip-hop'. I like the Herd who are a political Australian hip-hop act. I grew up listening Public Enemy and a bunch of them 80s rappers due to my brothers etc. Still love PE.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth