Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Basketball Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.09.2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Heard some good Sports Radio discussion about how the powers at ESPN are upset at the reporters who make up the content found at ESPN LA for manufacturing false Dwight Howard reports on Friday evening.

If you want to read a load of crap, check out what Bill Plaschke had to say:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...3744757.column
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2013, 04:18 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
As they should. ESPN is embarrassing. They just make shit up all the time, and run with it with no shame. I mean, it is sports, its not that serious, but then again an amateur ref just got beheaded at a friendly in Brazil so clearly there is always that potential, especially considering that LA is the ugliest place outside of Boston or Philadelphia for sports

Bill was just speaking the truth. Howard was great, and played Howard basketball, but in truth, by mid-June we here in Los Angeles were well aware that he didn't fit out city, our franchise, or our fans. I wish we could say we wish him well in Houston, but LA fans are generally to shallow and mean-spirited to do such, so we just wish him good riddance! We didn't bend over backwards for him because he never reciprocated that for LA Lakers, essentially Howard was just Lamar Odom in Dallas, and in all actuality, Dallas was WAY uglier to Lamar than LA has ever been to Dwight. Dallas CRUCIFIED Lamar Odom, who was dealing with some very serious family problems at the time, and they gave him ZERO benefit of the doubt, ZERO love even though he played almost every game of that season with them, and ENTIRELY blamed him for no statistical reason for that team's utter slide into basketball shitdom. Fuck Dallas by the way, I love how players are fleeing that city quicker than Boston

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.09.2013, 04:51 PM   #23
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Love how fat fuck Shaq disses Howard for leaving LA and not staying with Kobe "rape rape" Bryant when he did the exact same thing! Shaq couldn't handle the black mamba!
Old 07.09.2013, 04:51 PM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck Dallas and Fuck San Antone. It is H-Town's turn to rise.
Old 07.09.2013, 08:11 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Love how fat fuck Shaq disses Howard for leaving LA and not staying with Kobe "rape rape" Bryant when he did the exact same thing! Shaq couldn't handle the black mamba!

No. Correction. Shaq won three back-to-back-to-back Championships, and only left AFTER losing his fifth appearance in the NBA Finals. In fact, I'd like to make a meme like the Jordan/Pippen laughing meme with Shaq and Andrew Bynum laughing together saying, "Dwight is a fool, you just don't leave the Lakers until AFTER winning multiple, back-to-back Championships!"

Old 07.09.2013, 08:29 PM   #26
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Bill was just speaking the truth.

Guess this is why the Lakers were paying to plaster downtown buildings and billboards with Dwight's image asking him to stay.

Old 07.09.2013, 10:21 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Guess this is why the Lakers were paying to plaster downtown buildings and billboards with Dwight's image asking him to stay.

That was called marketing. It is what you do with any of your multi-million dollar paid entertainers, you promote and market. If Dwight is leaving, might as well make a few bucks on his way out. In all honesty I though Dwight was going to stay in LA, but it didn't necessarily make his staying a great decision. In the short term, Dwight staying or leaving was going to be trouble. We in LA were only thinking about Dwight for the future, for the long-term, something which Dwight himself should have been looking for. In all honesty, he is just another flavor of the month in Houston like so many other Rocket flavors before him, but the way Rockets have been rotating guys and flirting with stars, Dwight could get traded or himself get fickle and ask to leave sooner than he realizes. In other words, Rob is right, and y'all Tejanos should be reluctantly if not begrudgingly accepting Dwight on his own terms. We last year thought Dwight was going to really lift Lakers back to the top 3 teams, and most analysts, talking heads, and even commenthaters were thinking the same. That didn't work out because of injuries, but Dwight totally losing heart so soon is why we are just as fine with him leaving as he is.

Old 07.10.2013, 05:10 AM   #28
Bytor Peltor
Banned

As if Ice Cube couldn't be any Whiter (is he really doing a Dockers commercial?), Cube comes across like a women scorned when dissing D12:

http://youtu.be/B6leufELg1s
Old 07.10.2013, 08:06 AM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Cube is a soft bitch, just like Dre

Old 07.10.2013, 10:52 AM   #30
Bytor Peltor
Banned

^^^Ouch

The offical cover for the 2013-14 LA Lakers Media Guide:

Old 07.10.2013, 04:23 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Y'all be hating, Lakers will laugh their way at least into the play-offs. Fronting like Pau Gasol isn't one of the best centers in the game. Guy was ridiculously injured last season, and fatigued from carrying the Spanish national team during the Olympics in London.

Pau's 14 ppg and 9rpg with a block would put him comfortably int he top-10 centers in the NBA (and he was a back up!) had he played more than 50 games

Old 07.10.2013, 04:49 PM   #32
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

14 ppg and 9 rpg is ok in a big-man depleted league. It is hard to score points when Kobe "raperape" Bryant is on your team.

Nate Thurmond (1966 and 1967 seasons )
21.3 ppg, 22.0 rpg

Willis Reed (career avgs)
18.7 ppg, 12.9 rpg

Patrick Ewing (career)
21 ppg, 9.8 rpg

David Robinson (career)
21.1 ppg 10.6 rpg

George Mikan (career)
23.1 ppg 13.4 rpg

Moses Malone (career)
20.3 ppg 12.3 rpg

DREAM (career)
21.8 ppg 11.1 rpg

Wilt Chamberlain (career)
30.1 ppg (!) 22.1 rpg(!) (INSANE!)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (career)
24.6ppg 11.2 rpg
Old 07.10.2013, 04:51 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

First, are you forgetting that Pau played as a back up to Dwight??? Those are PHENOMENAL NUMBERS FOR A BACK UP CENTER

Dude, you're comparing ALL-TIME greats to current greats. That isn't fair. Its like comparing Chris Paul to Magic Johnson, or Brook Lopez to Kareem. BUT, in a fair analysis, I.E. one based on current realities and statistics, Pau Gasol is one of the better centers in the NBA, period. You can drool about the past, or about the greatest ever, but there are thousands of other NBA players out there, and over 400 a year, and out of that list, Pau is high on it. Also, Kobe had a career high in assists, averaging over 6 dimes per game, which put him actually above 2/3 of the POINT GUARDS in the NBA, so in reality, the whole kobe shoots too much is becoming a bit out-dated, they guy really did change his game last year and became a facilitator when D'Antoni got in his ear and reminded him that, "You have a reputation as a shooter, this means you will naturally open up other shooters as defenders focus on you, so you should use this as a strategy, and PASS THE BALL under pressure because your reputation as a ball hog is giving other players wide-open looks."

that and even Bill Simmons concedes to reality:

Quote:
. They landed Shaq, Kareem, Wilt and Dwight for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that (a) they're the f-ing Lakers, and (b) celebrities love Los Angeles (we'll get to this). Since they moved to Southern California in 1960, they've won 63.3 percent of their games, appeared in 25 Finals, missed the playoffs just four times, and never won fewer than 30 games. They haven't picked higher than 10th with their own pick since 1975, when they selected Dave Meyers second and promptly traded him in a megadeal for Kareem. No professional sports franchise has been this consistently good for this long: not the Yankees, not the Canadiens, not the Steelers, not anybody.

Old 07.10.2013, 04:56 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Pau Gasol is a glorified Power Forward playing Center. I would love to have had him as a Rocket.

Fuck the Lakers. Their time is OVER

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3...-as-wrestling/
Old 07.10.2013, 04:58 PM   #35
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I was actually comparing him favorably to the greats suchf. Gasol's avg is around 19.4 ppg and 10.9 rpg for career. That is excellent but he should be doing more in a league with fewer quality center defenders.
Old 07.10.2013, 05:12 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Pau Gasol is a glorified Power Forward playing Center. I would love to have had him as a Rocket.

Fuck the Lakers. Their time is OVER

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3...-as-wrestling/

He is 7'1" and 250lbs, and he has some of the best in-the-post footwork since The Dream. Tim Duncan is a forward masquerading as a center, but Pau Gasol is very much the real deal. And like Bosh, he is quicker than most bigs, so he stretches defenses like no other.

Haha. You're cute Rob, but the ENTIRE NBA realizes, albeit begrudgingly, that the LA Lakers are NOT going to disappear into obscurity, and with a loaded draft in 2014, Lakers playing for the lottery would be even WORSE for the rest of the league

Old 07.10.2013, 07:46 PM   #37
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

The Yankees r never going away either.
Old 07.10.2013, 07:51 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
The Yankees r never going away either.
Sighs. Its true.

Old 07.10.2013, 10:26 PM   #39
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Shaq puts his diesel in reverse: http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket...on/?cmpid=hpbn
Old 07.11.2013, 08:06 AM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I was wondering what Shaq was saying. Mo-fo has lived in Houston for years now. so many NBA and ex NBA stars live in Houston, because the media leaves you alone, the fans are respectful and keep their distance, and the huge houses and large living is more affordable.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth