Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Why did Pussy Galore hate Dischord?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2008, 11:20 AM   #61
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
The DKs are for many people the original hardcore band. You saying they are not a hardcore band reminds me of a discussion I once had with this girl who said she hated all New Wave. I pointed out that she loved the Police, and she insisted they were NOT New Wave.?

the DKs were hardcore punk. to argue otherwise is moronic. that girl - she's a moron, the Police were new wave. man there's a lot of morons out there. whats next, one of these downloading-know-it-all morons (i've downloaded 10,000 songs so I know everything) will assert the Beatles weren't a Sixties band?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 01:53 PM   #62
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
whats next, one of these downloading-know-it-all morons (i've downloaded 10,000 songs so I know everything) will assert the Beatles weren't a Sixties band?

Well, technically...

In March 1957, while attending Quarry Bank Grammar School in Liverpool, John Lennon formed a skiffle group called The Quarrymen. Lennon and the Quarrymen met guitarist Paul McCartney at the Woolton Garden Fête held at St. Peter's Church on 6 July 1957 and added him to the group a few days later. On 6 February 1958, the young guitarist George Harrison was invited to watch the group (who played under a variety of names) at Wilson Hall, Garston, Liverpool. McCartney had become acquainted with Harrison on the morning school bus ride to the Liverpool Institute, as they both lived in Speke. At McCartney's insistence, Harrison joined the Quarrymen as lead guitarist, after a rehearsal in March 1958, overcoming Lennon's initial reluctance because of Harrison's young age.

Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 02:35 PM   #63
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
the original wave of hardcore bands, as previously stated, were great musicians. bad brains were incredibly techniquely difficult. gregg ginn was a great guitarist, minor threat were so fast that most people couldnt play like that. husker du as well where fast as fuck...
but as usual the bands that came afterwards and instead of being innovative like their influences, decided to parrot them and play one dimensional music, and ruined it.
thats why a lot of the original bands stopped playing hardcore...

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 04:29 PM   #64
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
the original wave of hardcore bands, as previously stated, were great musicians. bad brains were incredibly techniquely difficult. gregg ginn was a great guitarist, minor threat were so fast that most people couldnt play like that. husker du as well where fast as fuck...
but as usual the bands that came afterwards and instead of being innovative like their influences, decided to parrot them and play one dimensional music, and ruined it.
thats why a lot of the original bands stopped playing hardcore...

bad brains and minor threat were so tight that when i first heard them i stopped playing bass fast. no reason to try to play hardcore punk if you can't do it right and i knew i could never play like that.

aside from andy gill, greg ginn is my favorite guitarist. the sounds he makes and his solos are some of the most amazing shit i have ever heard.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2008, 04:30 PM   #65
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
the DKs were hardcore punk. to argue otherwise is moronic. that girl - she's a moron, the Police were new wave. man there's a lot of morons out there. whats next, one of these downloading-know-it-all morons (i've downloaded 10,000 songs so I know everything) will assert the Beatles weren't a Sixties band?

i own the albums and i think the dead kennedys were hardcore punk and the police were just shit.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth