Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new KoRn album coming by KoRn!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.02.2013, 06:39 AM   #21
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
just listen to whatever you like? i get a lot of shit for being loyal to everything that Jay-Z and Kanye put out, because they're supposedly shallow and materialistic.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 10:17 AM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i can deal with Deftones. they sometimes can be a compelling band, but fuck Korn.

that slappy bass with those clipcloppy ding dong primus rhythms going cloplup clulup deep doop flip floppy beep. mmmskippy sligslock all i think about is sex dumb lyrics.

that shit ain't no rock n roll. fucking kornball music. didn't the guitarist become a born-again christian? fuck that shit!

There is nothing wrong with being or becoming a Christian in and of itself, what was lame was how Head went on 700 Club with a "I've seen the Light and rock music is evil and my band was evil" mia culpa which all seemed a not-so-clever ploy to promote his new Christian (i.e. cds available at the Calvary Chapel gift shop) band's album. You can be a Christian without necessarily dissing your previous friends, family, and career. It is all the more lame now that he is back, because in all actuality his attempt at taking over the Christian metal scene didn't seem to work out

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 10:59 AM   #23
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
IMO head is almost non criticisable since the meth habit he was dealing with was so severe. you can certainly criticize him for how he acted BEFORE he went christo. the mother of his child ended up dead from meth. you could say he was a naive young man from the stix that couldnt handle the life his band brought him, you could say that he was a hedonist and his meth habit is entirely his own fault. but what you cant say is that his christian conversion and most of everything hes done subsequently is not in fact commendable.

i'm sure korn could have made a slightly better album with him before he died from an od and they might have bowed out a better band but if you prefer that to a family man shaping up and getting his shit together then you're a total cunt.

honestly i think anyone who makes too much fun of the things people who have beaten their drug habits go on to say and do as their brain heals itself is on the level of someone bullying a mentally retarded person.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 12:52 PM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
when he left korn he wrote this:

lyrics:

Barf! Look at my face
I'm all sucked up,
I think I'll sleep all day.
I get the spins when my eyes are shut
I hate feeling this way.

Flush!
All the puke I'm throwing up!
in the toilet this sucks!
not a part of growing up!
only spoils it.

Life is boring,same old story,
get drunk throw up, sleep all day.
I am something, I'm not nothing
I cant let myself decay.

How did I get into my bed?
I dont remember anything
How did I get this bump on my head?
It could have come from anything.

Flush!
not apart of growing up!
only spoils it.

Life is boring, same old story
get drunk throw up sleep all day,
I am something, I'm not nothing,
I cant let myself decay.

Tell me no gossip I dont wanna know.

Jimmy got caught
smelling like beer
[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/flush-lyr...ead-welch.html ]
by his mom and his dad
He's grounded for a year.
Lisa got popped she got a DUI
she cussed out the cops
she's lucky she's alive.

Tell me no gossip I dont wanna know.

Pedro got jumped
He's always starting fights
every time he gets drunk
it happens all the time.
Reggie OD'd
from slammin heroin
He's not a dope fiend
he was trying to fit in.

Take me away please oh know, life blows.

Flush!
only spoils it Flush!
In the toilet this sucks!
only spoils it.

Life is boring same old story
get drunk throw up sleep all day
I am something I'm not nothing
I can't let myself decay.

come on, get up, let's change!

--

its really one of the greatest songs ever written. its like he drank so much his consciousness is confusing itself with the puke in his toilet. its almost written from the perspective of his own vomit. he obviously needed christ to reach the extremities of madness that writing this song implies. he is a true icon of consumerism.

he says "i cant let myself decay". jesus is helping him now. he took so much meth he made contact with the immortal body of christ, and thus the entropy and sickness of his body has all been transmuted into a testament to his faith. now he knows that he will one day live forever and his suffering on earth has been conquered. all because he managed to find god in a fucking toilet bowl. what a guy!
Old 07.02.2013, 02:11 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
IMO head is almost non criticisable since the meth habit he was dealing with was so severe. .

I'd say that's true, but only in part because the deftones were probably more methed out than any band in world history and they all survived it just fine without going insane (though Chino did clearly find God as noticed in many post-White Pony lyrics) aside from Chino and Steph getting all fat and shit.

And I say this both as a visibly active Christian and openly recovering drug addict

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2013, 02:32 PM   #26
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

becoming a fatty boom boom is a vital part of the recovery process. the brain is made of fat so it must need extra chub to replenish.

if you can skip this part then good for you, but dont knock the flub. can you think of anything more retarded than a person (ok lets face it a woman or a gay man) who gets so upset at their weight gain after quitting drugs that they go back on drugs?

everyone must be extra nice to the post junkie fatty boom batties and fatty bombardiers.
Old 07.02.2013, 02:35 PM   #27
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dont make no thing about an extra portion of chicken wings

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth