Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new KoRn album coming by KoRn!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2013, 03:15 PM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
from korn.com

Quote:
Head, Munky, JD, Fieldy, and Ray are not only together again on-stage for shows beginning May 15, but Korn is also in the studio recording a new album!

“We knew we would have a blast playing together, ‘cause we love each other so much… everything just started pouring out, now I can’t wait until our fans hear this stuff!!” Brian "Head" Welch tells Rolling Stone.
Old 06.30.2013, 11:44 PM   #2
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
cool. i liked their first two, enjoyed their "comeback" album from 2010 as well.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 02:35 AM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Can you delete this thread please, we don't want to attract the wrong sort
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Did they break up or something? I thought they were a dub step band or something. Eh. I don't know.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 08:52 AM   #5
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the idiot savants are back!
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 02:43 PM   #6
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
there are some Korn fans here.

Anyway, the point was it's the original lineup.
Old 07.01.2013, 04:10 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Is Head going to sing some Calvary Chapel lame Christian band tunes? Has he recanted of his repentance? When they came out with that post-Head album it was just Munky doing a bunch of heavy power chords, but without Head's patented screeching riffs/leads, it sounded empty, boring, predictable. Head was more important to their sound than I think anyone realized.

I may be a 1990s dinosaur, but the best thing koRn could have ever done with their career was go on on top as legends in 2000. They officially milked it, and didn't have the same kind of results as U2 or the Dave Matthews Band did

Fuck them.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 05:35 PM   #8
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
too true. altho you have to admit - here to stay is like one of those pieces were the artist has reached the pinnacle of their talent, and thus cant stop tinkering with it (not knowing that it has already started to slowly dissipate). they took so long to record that album and then it was mostly all downhill from there.

if they'd have bowed out in 2000 (and possibly saved head from having to do that xtian thing) - spent a bit on rehab for him, did a few goodbye shows - then yeah - they'd have truly done something special.
Old 07.01.2013, 05:38 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
too true. altho you have to admit - here to stay is like one of those pieces were the artist has reached the pinnacle of their talent, and thus cant stop tinkering with it (not knowing that it has already started to slowly dissipate). they took so long to record that album and then it was mostly all downhill from there.

if they'd have bowed out in 2000 (and possibly saved head from having to do that xtian thing) - spent a bit on rehab for him, did a few goodbye shows - then yeah - they'd have truly done something special.

exactly. 1990s koRn was actually innovative music with originality. Life is Peachy is still a fantastic record. Even Follow the Leader was ok, sort of, not really but.. Issues and everything since? Sounds like a cliched caricature of their 1990s sound. Really it was very terrible, and somebody should have actually just told them this directly. They should have tried more directly to get into side projects and start new bands like so many other musicians from the 1990s did.

Old 07.01.2013, 05:42 PM   #10
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

or why not just break up? they made enough cash. they could have milked the cash angle enough to set up a nice life then quit ahead of time, before they got stale.

i like follow the leader. although the last track starts that 'bad poetry goth' thing that jon did all over issues (which might have made a better ep).
Old 07.01.2013, 06:43 PM   #11
noisereductions
invito al cielo

eh, don't get me wrong the first four are def my favorite albums (yup, four - I really think Issues is great) but I don't know I've enjoyed the twists and turns in their career. I know a lot of people do'nt really get into it the same way. But I liked See You On The Other Side with it's weird pop/rap production. I liked the chopped n screwed album. I liked the unplugged album. I liked the dubstep album. Shrug. I don't know. Jsut enjoy hearing what they do next.

But bottom line - I do think it'll be interesting to hear the band together with Head again.
Old 07.01.2013, 07:19 PM   #12
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I'm looking forward to it.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 08:25 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
fuck Korn!!.!!!!! fuck Korn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Fuck them.

I do believe we agree sir.

Old 07.01.2013, 08:41 PM   #14
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
eh, don't get me wrong the first four are def my favorite albums (yup, four - I really think Issues is great) but I don't know I've enjoyed the twists and turns in their career. I know a lot of people do'nt really get into it the same way. But I liked See You On The Other Side with it's weird pop/rap production. I liked the chopped n screwed album. I liked the unplugged album. I liked the dubstep album. Shrug. I don't know. Jsut enjoy hearing what they do next.

But bottom line - I do think it'll be interesting to hear the band together with Head again.

Don't act like you've something to be ashamed of here. You may be the only Korn fan on the board, but that doesn't mean you're dumb, or shallow.. It doesn't even mean you have to explain it. People can't really help what they like, and those who try to are called "Fucking Sophomores in High School."

I can't help the fact that Coldplay sounds good in my ears. I don't give a shit, and I'm not going to justify it for anyone. My Music collection would make the most devoted 1980's American hardcore fan weep envy... and laugh hysterically... And probably beat the shit out of me. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

You rule, NR.

And props to Korn for, if nothing else, putting on a killer show for a young Severian at Lollapalooza when I was young and drunk and pissed.... Oh, and for confessing their adoration of Robert Smith and the Cure. That I did not expect.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2013, 08:50 PM   #15
noisereductions
invito al cielo

haha thanks man.

I don't feel ashamed or like I need to justify really.

But at a time there was a good handful of Korn fans (DrEugene, atsonicpark) to at least be giddy with. I just miss that a little.
Old 07.01.2013, 08:53 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
. You may be the only Korn fan on the board,

Wait, he still is a fan?

Quote:

You rule, NR.

No qualms about that.

Quote:

Oh, and for confessing their adoration of Robert Smith and the Cure. That I did not expect.

That's just because Chino from the deftones made it look so cool to come clean about embarrassing shit like that!

Old 07.01.2013, 08:56 PM   #17
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

i have always liked korn
Old 07.01.2013, 09:00 PM   #18
noisereductions
invito al cielo

@suchfriends: yr my boy, so you know I let shit slide. haha

Yeah I"m still a Korn fan no doubt.

--> Deftones. Love the Deftones. Did you hear their last album? Fucking amazing.
Old 07.01.2013, 09:12 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
@suchfriends: yr my boy, so you know I let shit slide. haha

Yeah I"m still a Korn fan no doubt.

--> Deftones. Love the Deftones. Did you hear their last album? Fucking amazing.

Hey. I still unashamedly have Life is Peachy AND self-titled on my iPod and on regular rotation with no apologies, which is why I am all the more bewildered at current fans than past fans like myself. As to deftones, OF COURSE I heard that last record, it was amazing. I in particular love how the deftones have managed to do what koRn couldn't, evolve and progress in their music without exactly losing their sound.

Though Koi No Yokan is much more classically deftones "wall of chords" aggressive. Steph said that chino had pushed the Diamond Eyes to be a bit more experimental, and after Saturday Night Wrist and Diamond Eyes he really just wanted to go back to playing some more classic deftones kind of guitar work (i.e. Stephen Carpenter kind of work, not the more experimental guitar work of the previous 2 records). I think they did manage that while still having a different sound, because I didn't bother to learn to play any songs from Diamond Eyes on my guitar, whereas I have absolutely absorbed Adrenaline, Around The Fur, White Pony, Self Titled, Saturday Night Wrist (I used these tunes to warm up, I can literally play every song from every one of these albums in exact order even..). There are a few tracks like Poltergeist, Romantic Dreams, Entombed, Goon Squad, and Tempest. Wait, I think I learned to play most of this album too!!!

Old 07.02.2013, 06:29 AM   #20
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
i can deal with Deftones. they sometimes can be a compelling band, but fuck Korn.

that slappy bass with those clipcloppy ding dong primus rhythms going cloplup clulup deep doop flip floppy beep. mmmskippy sligslock all i think about is sex dumb lyrics.

that shit ain't no rock n roll. fucking kornball music. didn't the guitarist become a born-again christian? fuck that shit!
laughed irl. must spread rep to foreverasskiss.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth