Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.24.2009, 05:23 PM   #6501
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
i thought donnie darko was fine. infact, i'll go above and beyond and say 'great'.
s. darko isn't worth my sweet time. its not even by the same director, and, besides, samantha was supposedly adopted or something like that in the first one.. so it wouldn't really make sense that her and donnie would share the same 'illness' (whatever the fuck that was.)

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2009, 05:27 PM   #6502
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Illness. Huh. I thought Donnie was just some placebo-pill-popping unlikeable psychopath with a cool skeleton shirt.

No Maggie Gylenhaal, no reason to watch.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2009, 05:27 PM   #6503
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
To me, Donnie Darko is a bad movie. Never saw the appeal. I watched it about a year after it first came out when some chick I was dating was like "oh my god you have to see this!" and I was like "Meh." Watched it a few times in the years since and just don't really care for it.
Yeah, I thought it tried to be 'deep' when really there wasn't much to it. And obviously teenagers would buy into it...
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2009, 05:31 PM   #6504
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I just call it "a surreal, mind-bending film for people who have yet to watch something genuinely surreal and mind-bending". There's nothing wrong with liking it, I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's opinion here; I can see some good qualities in it. Rather, I can see how it would appeal to other people . But certainly anyone that argues it's "deep" is out of their mind. I know a dude who was obsessed with it, who read books on time traveling and shit just to get to know the movie better. I guess in a way, that's pretty cool. A movie getting a guy to read more is a cool thing. I respect Donnie Darko as an idea, I just have issues with it as a movie. I hated all the characters, the ending was laughable (the "Mad World" scene is so cheesy). Just kind of a silly film. Again, no disrespect to anyone who likes it or anything. I just personally do not...

Old 05.24.2009, 05:34 PM   #6505
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses

chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2009, 05:36 PM   #6506
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

YES! UN CHIEN ANDALOU kicks ass.

Bunuel rules in general. L'Age d'or is one of my all time favorite films.

Old 05.24.2009, 11:27 PM   #6507
me.
stalker

me. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's assesme. kicks all y'all's asses

Helpless

and then..

me. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 03:18 AM   #6508
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I just call it "a surreal, mind-bending film for people who have yet to watch something genuinely surreal and mind-bending". There's nothing wrong with liking it, I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's opinion here; I can see some good qualities in it. Rather, I can see how it would appeal to other people . But certainly anyone that argues it's "deep" is out of their mind. I know a dude who was obsessed with it, who read books on time traveling and shit just to get to know the movie better. I guess in a way, that's pretty cool. A movie getting a guy to read more is a cool thing. I respect Donnie Darko as an idea, I just have issues with it as a movie. I hated all the characters, the ending was laughable (the "Mad World" scene is so cheesy). Just kind of a silly film. Again, no disrespect to anyone who likes it or anything. I just personally do not...

Well, I loved how they kept counting down between acts without actually saying what they were counting down to. It's also interesting that for a relatively dark story, it's got alot of lighter moments in it-but argueably it would've been completely inpalatable without them...it's guess it's sort of like Nine Inch Nails; if not for Trent Reznor's adolescent ranting, his music wouldn't touch as many fans because it would be too harsh to listen to for a lot of people. It's kind of the point that you don't like the characters; the idea is that everyone's an idiot except Donnie and possibly Gretchen.

One thing that did bother me is that the ending is kinda a paradox because the engine fell on Donnie's room because it was ripped off by the gravitational force of the time portal above Donnie's house. The reason why the hole was created is because Frank's ghost disrupted the space-time continuium (sp?) by leading Donnie out of his home when he was supposed to have been killed...

I don't know; it made me think, it made a lot of people think...and any movie that can do that is a winner in my opinion.
Old 05.25.2009, 07:33 AM   #6509
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Reason why S. Darko was made:

The kids that love Donnie Darko and aren't too elitist to see it will make it a semi-success.
Old 05.25.2009, 07:35 AM   #6510
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I just don't think calling your film "S." anything is a good idea.

"What, did they forget the H-I-T?"

Old 05.25.2009, 08:20 AM   #6511
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Repulsion

I watched this on my own when I was pretty baked and i thought it was brilliant. I've always wanted to see a film like this where paranoia and isolation leads to insanity.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 09:37 AM   #6512
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Taxi Driver has paranoia and isolation leading to insanity!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 10:01 AM   #6513
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
haha yeh so does the shining and a few other films but the way this film did it was really simple and effective. Watch it!

EDIT: I guess the shining had other factors too but you get what i mean.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 11:20 AM   #6514
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
1. Notorious - I liked it a lot.
2. Laid To Rest - was shit so I shut it off.
3. Humanoids From The Deep - is a classic, so I watch it when it gets hot.
Old 05.25.2009, 11:21 AM   #6515
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
To me, Donnie Darko is a bad movie. Never saw the appeal. I watched it about a year after it first came out when some chick I was dating was like "oh my god you have to see this!" and I was like "Meh." Watched it a few times in the years since and just don't really care for it.

For some reason I love it. Always have.
Old 05.25.2009, 04:49 PM   #6516
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Funny Games...that was a coo movie..
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 05:39 PM   #6517
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
For like the 5th time:

8/10

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 06:21 PM   #6518
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses

chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 06:46 PM   #6519
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Funny Games...that was a coo movie..

which one. I (surprisingly) liked the American 'remake' better.
Old 05.25.2009, 07:50 PM   #6520
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
which one. I (surprisingly) liked the American 'remake' better.

Yeah I watched the American remake.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
276316323324325 326 327328329336376426826 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth