Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee Tour Updates
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2012, 07:39 PM   #161
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Radiation!
Revolution Blues
GeneticGeneticGeneticGeneticGeneticGenetic

EHV-NY signed

Thanks Lee and double duty Steve!

P.S.: Lee if you're listening this is the exhibition you were referring to. Will be checking it out some day soon.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2012, 02:24 AM   #162
monostereo
empty page

monostereo has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Radiation!
Revolution Blues
GeneticGeneticGeneticGeneticGeneticGenetic

EHV-NY signed

Thanks Lee and double duty Steve!

P.S.: Lee if you're listening this is the exhibition you were referring to. Will be checking it out some day soon.

Yeah ! I second that it was a great show. And Disappears were amazing. AND THE GUY IN FRONT OF ME BOUGHT THE LAST COPY OF THE TOUR-ONLY-LP !!!! DAMN !
monostereo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2012, 02:33 AM   #163
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by monostereo
AND THE GUY IN FRONT OF ME BOUGHT THE LAST COPY OF THE TOUR-ONLY-LP !!!! DAMN !
Ah crap. I didn't ask if they had any special items for sale, but I was looking for that collaboration EP and didn't see it. Hopefully they will have both or either one of them again in the weekend ...

Old 07.07.2012, 05:54 AM   #164
_tunic_
invito al cielo

My recording of Lee at Gebáude 9 is on Dime:
Lee Ranaldo Band 2012-07-04 Gebäude 9, Cologne, Germany
Or for the non-Dimers, here's a Wetransfer link

Disappears' set will be shared as well, don't worry

Old 07.09.2012, 12:05 AM   #165
sy2004
stalker

sy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
My recording of Lee at Gebáude 9 is on Dime:
Lee Ranaldo Band 2012-07-04 Gebäude 9, Cologne, Germany
Or for the non-Dimers, here's a Wetransfer link

Disappears' set will be shared as well, don't worry

thx again tunic

sy2004 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2012, 03:37 PM   #166
acidtrips280
empty page

acidtrips280 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
They just announced he's playing in HUDSON, NY @ Basilica HUDSON on July 27, 2012 sppose to be a more "intimate" show. smallish venue 20 bones right before he plays atp
acidtrips280 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 05:56 AM   #167
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Lee Ranaldo Band opening for Wilco tonight + tomorrow: July 17 & 18 at 7:45pm at Wolftrap Vienna, VA
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 11:58 AM   #168
Lee is Free
Administrator

Lee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's asses
Well, we were promised 45min sets at all the Wilco shows but now some have been shortened to 30 min, including the 2 at Wolf Trap, and at Hartford too. I'm bumming...

LR
Lee is Free is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 12:45 PM   #169
sy2004
stalker

sy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's assessy2004 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee is Free
Well, we were promised 45min sets at all the Wilco shows but now some have been shortened to 30 min, including the 2 at Wolf Trap, and at Hartford too. I'm bumming...

LR

30 mins, man, that's really way too short. Any plans for a DVD recording of one of your shows, Mr. LR?

sy2004 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2012, 08:54 PM   #170
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
That really sucks. It enrages me and disappoints me to see this kind of tactics. Reminds me of some feelings I had recently when I saw Lasse Marhaug and Paal Nilssen Love performing solo sets a few months ago at a church, and I heard unofficial words that they were asked not to crank it really loud and just limit their performances to 25 minutes. Paal Nilssen-Love did that, and Lasse Marhaug's set was actually way shorter than that. Both could have been louder, but they were great, nonetheless. In contrast to this situation, they played a collaborative set that same night at some other place, and within that context the whole thing was a lot better, and they seemed to enjoy that one the most (there was an encore, even). Days later, Peter Brötzmann casually mentioned during his solo set at Festival Aural in Mexico City, among other things, that they only gave him thirty minutes to perform.

That one time when they turned on the lights when Text Of Light was taking their improvisation to celestial heights at La Cineteca Nacional in a clear attempt to transmit a message to the band that it all should end already in detriment to the own artists' vision surely, is still very present in my mind. That gesture of confusion in Alan Licht's face, turning to Lee and Ulrich Krieger first, then to Tim Barnes and apparently not having a clear notion what was the path to follow until Lee approached him and whispered something in his ear, is something I will never forget. The show then ended a few minutes after that, leaving many people there wanting more, including the musicians, I would bet. That was yet another confirmation that we still have so much to learn and a lot of room for improvement here in the Third World. Seems like some people and organizations over there, which I had assumed would have better judgement as a result from more experience, are now aspiring to be really shitty. One would have thought there could be people involved in that, whom would understand the fair absolute truth that a show of whatever nature should run its natural course and reach it's due climax and conclusion. Still, thirty minutes of Lee Ranaldo are a lot better than many other things in the world, and such a short show will have plenty of awesomeness no matter what, although it is a bit painful to be expecting, let's say "Genetic" or "Karenology" for instance, as an encore, and going home empty-handed in that aspect so to speak (yet one more reference to another event which denoted our institutions' flaws).
Old 07.17.2012, 09:40 PM   #171
Lee is Free
Administrator

Lee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's assesLee is Free kicks all y'all's asses
Well, it may only be these 2 gigs at Wolf Trap or maybe also Hartford, yes 30 min is a drag but that's how it goes in the sheds... I was expecting the worst--when SY has done this kinda thing before as support (REM, Pearl Jam etc) it's always playing to the empty seats w most anyone interested up on the lawn (read: a million miles away) but it actually wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it would be. It definitely helped that there were a couple strong supporters right down in front-thanks for that, guys. It helped me look past all the empty seats... Best part of tonight, our first show on this leg w Wilco, was that Nels sat in on half the set and that was super cool, reproducing his parts on the record (and then some!). We've been friends since SY started hanging out in LA in the mid-80s and it was great to once again share a stage with him. Hopefully tonight won't be an isolated instance! Thanks Nels!
Old 07.17.2012, 09:45 PM   #172
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Holy Jesus. Back when the tour dates with Wilco were announced, I thought it would be so nifty and also possible that Nels Cline would do that. People who had a chance to witness that, and opted to waste their time not paying attention should be kicked in their private parts. Hopefully a recording will surface. Lee, please consider to release official documentation of the "Between The Times And The Tides" live experience, whether it might include bits of this collaboration or not. Thanks.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2012, 06:38 AM   #173
spenno
little trouble girl

spenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's asses
Any chance of Australian shows, Lee?
spenno is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2012, 02:09 PM   #174
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
tonight lee is on at 7:30 pm.

saturday lee plays at 3pm.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2012, 02:15 PM   #175
Lee is Free
Administrator

Australian shows in October!
-LR
Old 07.19.2012, 04:09 PM   #176
spenno
little trouble girl

spenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's assesspenno kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Australian shows in October!
-LR
Awesome!

(Er, hopefully - my wife's due with our second baby in mid-October: this could get complicated...)
spenno is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2012, 04:16 PM   #177
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
uh oh.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2012, 08:43 AM   #178
tbrduc
empty page

tbrduc has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Well, it may only be these 2 gigs at Wolf Trap or maybe also Hartford, yes 30 min is a drag but that's how it goes in the sheds... I was expecting the worst--when SY has done this kinda thing before as support (REM, Pearl Jam etc) it's always playing to the empty seats w most anyone interested up on the lawn (read: a million miles away) but it actually wasn't as bad as I'd imagined it would be. It definitely helped that there were a couple strong supporters right down in front-thanks for that, guys. It helped me look past all the empty seats... Best part of tonight, our first show on this leg w Wilco, was that Nels sat in on half the set and that was super cool, reproducing his parts on the record (and then some!). We've been friends since SY started hanging out in LA in the mid-80s and it was great to once again share a stage with him. Hopefully tonight won't be an isolated instance! Thanks Nels!

OK, I was working at the 2nd Wolf Trap show. I was dismayed at how few people were there but I also felt like it was a personal performance!
We got to hear a last-minute sound check so we were treated to some casual playing!
I think the opening tune was "Waiting On A Dream"...I heard the opening notes..the band kicked in and I thought..I SAID..."Oh my! What the hell is that incredible sound?! I'll be right back!" (No, I had not heard the new album yet. I have now and LOVE it!)
The rest of the, all too short set, simply built on top of that!
Although I enjoyed Wilco quite well also...what an amazing sensory presentation, I left remembering and feeling more satisfied by LR's set!
Thanks!!
tbrduc is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2012, 08:54 AM   #179
tbrduc
empty page

tbrduc has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
More from the WT show, XTina also KILLS, live! I could listen to 20 minutes of that one tune!
tbrduc is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2012, 01:04 PM   #180
logicalharm
little trouble girl

logicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

LR

Oh no! Hopefully this isn't the case in Columbus .....
logicalharm is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth