Timbaland 1 2.44%
Lee Perry 4 9.76%
Phil Spector 12 29.27%
Other 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07.14.2009, 09:54 PM   #21
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
I voted Quincy Jones. He produced the best selling album of all time and yes, it is a fucking good album.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 04:21 PM   #22
Seandi
stalker

Seandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's asses
I'm just grateful Brendan O'Brian failed to make the list.
Seandi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 06:46 AM   #23
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
i dont care what people say, i voted timbaland.

if i want pop music that makes me wanna dance around and galavant at a club, i would love to do it to his music. and for music thats not as accessible, he did do a great job on the latest bjork and MIA albums

what?? he only produced one track on each of those and both of them were the weak weak weak, highly suspicious, most likely label appeasing tracks.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 08:03 AM   #24
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
There are producers who are more influencial, or more impressive from a perspective of craft, but in terms of thinking "ooh, this album is produced by X, I should check it out", my favourite will always be John Cale. The man did treportedly did most of the arrangements for the first two VU records, and produced the debut records by the Stooges, Patti Smith and the Modern Lovers, in addition to doing pretty much all the production, arranging and instrumentation on a lot of Nico's best stuff, and some fantastic solo stuff. Can't beat that.

The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 02:55 PM   #25
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Someone who did quite a lot of "pop" stuff in the 70's and 80's is Gus Dudgeon, who worked with the likes of Queen and Dame Elton of John. And I'd also include Mickie Most, who turned the Human League from an arty synth ensemble to a bona fide pop group. And let's not forget Messrs Chinn and Chapman, who worked with not just the "Jesus wept!" likes of Mud and The Sweet (bovver boots glam ahoy!), but also with Blondie.
Old 07.16.2009, 05:54 PM   #26
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
bollocks
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2009, 09:33 AM   #27
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i said spector, but perry is my fave outa them. i just listened to super ape in the car, its definitely not pop music man, a little too abstract. maybve sometimes, like the congos. but hes hardly someone on the level of fame as spector or someone.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2009, 02:08 PM   #28
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it'd be difficult to put someone like Perry alongside say Spector as a pop producer. i just didn't know what else to refer to them all as collectively. If I'd simply put music, then there's a whole raft of jazz and classical producers that would've probably warranted a mention. I think all of the ones mentioned have worked in 'popular music' at some point at least, so i suppose it was the only realistic option. I know what you mean though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2009, 01:05 AM   #29
Seandi
stalker

Seandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's asses
Guy Stevens.
Seandi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth