Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Feelin'
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2009, 04:11 PM   #1
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I used to always sing this song, especially when my sister was around. She sometimes sang along never knowing it was an actual song. She must have assumed it was something stupid I did... because I say pointless shit all the time.

Well anyway, it was her 21st birthday yesterday, and some friends and I took her to DC. I made a mix CD for her. 23 tracks in, and Feelin' by Free Kitten came on. My friends were like "what the hell is this?!?" "I don't know what's more awkward... the voices or the 'breakdown' between verses." And of course my sister, "Shit, this is actually a song?! Haha."

Despite the criticism, they were singing this at random points throughout the night. And I don't know why or even why I do it. It's not catchy or really even good. But I like it and I sing it.

So here are some questions:
1. Do you like the 58 seconds of bliss known as Feelin' by Free Kitten?
2. How do you justify liking a song like this?
3. Excellent mix CD participant? Yea or nay?
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2009, 05:20 PM   #2
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
1. Yeah
2. It's a good song. Me and my friend use to sing it before she stopped listening to rock and now only listens to popular music on the radio
3. yay, one of Free Kitten's best
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth