Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page World Music
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.02.2007, 09:54 PM   #161
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
yousendit doesn't work for me, i just get a message saying i need to update my browser (which i did but it hasn't made any difference)

if there was a religion of procrastination i would be the pope, or maybe even the christ.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2007, 09:58 PM   #162
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Bummer.

I should at the very least be a bishop in the church of procrastination.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2007, 10:17 PM   #163
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
The Nath Family - Sounds of The Indian Snake Charmer
http://www.badongo.com/file/2150302
Old 02.03.2007, 05:29 PM   #164
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Click here and cry:
http://sim.may.ru/b/mp3/

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2007, 05:37 PM   #165
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Clearly this will be entertainment for days.
Old 02.03.2007, 06:44 PM   #166
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

i won something from Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares on ebay the other day (why won't this fucking bold turn off?) which i am intrigued by and if it is any good i'll upload a bit for you all (all 3 of you who read this thread)
Old 02.03.2007, 10:28 PM   #167
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
The guqin is a seven-stringed zither with a deep and abiding relationship to Chinese culture. Given the shortwavemusic treatment, the guqin acquires a serrated, buzzing edge, as if the Chinese ancients themselves possessed Link Wray to push that pencil through his dime-store amplifier. The sound is sharp and spacious: a gathering storm, the first tentative drops of frozen lightning exploding on sidewalks, intermittent and uncertain, as the air gathers heavy and thick with mist.

Guqin Music by John Thompson
China Radio International

Old 02.03.2007, 10:35 PM   #168
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест will particularly love this:
http://shortwavemusic.blogspot.com/

Old 02.03.2007, 10:47 PM   #169
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
African Hip Hop Compilation:
http://bennloxo.com/archives/2006/12...ristmas-music/
Old 02.04.2007, 08:53 AM   #170
porkmarras
invito al cielo

AfricaFunk
Return to the Original Sound of 1970s Funky Africa

Various Artists (Harmless Recordings 2000)

Including:
The Rwenzori's

Matata
Fela Kuti
Manu Dibango
Oneness of Juju
Tony Allen
And More

This one now seems to be out of print, maybe your local music store can order you a copy via a distribution agent or might still have one on shelf, but via the label it seems to be no longer.

http://tinyurl.com/yavsj7

Old 02.04.2007, 02:30 PM   #171
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Пятхъдесят Шест will particularly love this:
http://shortwavemusic.blogspot.com/

Out-fucking-standing!!!

Supreme radio sound art.

Thanks for this one.

Must share with Hip Priest.
Old 02.04.2007, 03:12 PM   #172
porkmarras
invito al cielo

One of the weirdest blogs i've come accross yet.Don't you just love them?Seriously,this is what the internet is really about.

Old 02.04.2007, 05:31 PM   #173
compulsive diarrhea, jico
100%

compulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's assescompulsive diarrhea, jico kicks all y'all's asses
damião experiença

Bio:

This biography is based in the book of Damião, found in this web site, and also in personal made interviews with him, however without existing registers; Damião does not let himself be recorded or filmed so far.
Born in the state of Bahia, the city of Portão, close to Salvador. Damião at 13 years old runs away from his house to escape the brutality of his parents who beat him with handle liana, and as clandestine he travels in a ship to Rio De Janeiro. Arriving, he starts to live in the night with the prostitutes, discovering the world early; as he starves, he decides to join the Brazilian navy to be able to eat. Exchanges of job n times, learns to be a man in the streets. He frequents brothels, decides to live with a prostitute in a palafita house, being expelled from the navy therefore. He repents, after 15 days he comes back toward the quarter and gets 1 year of jail, 1 month of lone confinement. He leaves transformed; there he knew the Lamma Planet (Lamma in Portuguese also means mud.) Damião entered Ferreira Da Cruz, left Damião Experyença.
He starts to paint, paints a picture called Planeta Lamma, starts to learn music in the jail with the friends, we are in the 60s, pre-dictatorship, and the hippie age is in its fullness. Damião is in middle.
When he leaves the jail he turns into a radar operator, and after one year due to an accident (or who knows for convenience maybe ?) the navy retires him. Damião is back to the streets, returns to the profession that followed him since early day - PIMP. He uses the money profit from the prostitutes to record his albums, starting with the first one in 1974, called Planeta Lamma, recorded solo, a guitar with only 1 string, 1 rattle hung in the guitar to make percussion and an harmonica attached to the neck. Magnificent record, recorded all in the dialect of the Planeta Lamma, language that the people of the infinite taught him, this record is available entire in the site for download and has 13 tracks with high level of creativity. The dialect of Planet Lamma exists, it's real and Daminhão talks to you whenever you want to, in the dialect. He can sing all the songs of all the records which were made in the dialect exactly the same way, he can talk using this dialect, he translates entire phrases to the dialect. He repeats everything again and again, the same way.
From the first one to the record of number 34, there goes 30 years of writings, and history goes on. The second record comes, two strings in the guitar, third record with three strings, the fourth with four and fifth, obviously, with five. When six strings were reached he initiated what we call the second phase. You can check the first phase going to Discography page and hearing what is labeled under - Phase 1.
Then, Daminhão retires the rattle and inserts one bongo and one marimba initiating what we call second phase, music here is more mature, has a balance between the dialect of the Lamma Planet and the conventional Portuguese (with slices of Spanish). A synchronized percussion exists, the harmonica solos, rhythm and marimba, turns, taking the universe in its sound. You can check out the second phase in the Discography page.
Third phase initiates, where Daminhão mixes his writings, his acoustics previous recordings with the sound of a rock band creating the systematic chaos. It is the more tormented part of his work, sometimes having five overlapped songs, all sung in the dialect, with unfhatomable bases, many surprising lyrics also. The matrices of records are overlapped and generate new music. Releases in this phase his self biography, available in the site, in the Book section. That is his first and only book. Third fase is available at Discography for download.
Damião initiates the fourth phase recording with a band, and launches amazing records through his label, Lamma Planet that has a band; the band Lamma Planet, according to him formed by today famous musicians of TV and media, whose names he does not disclose. The lyrics are created in the spot, and sounds like 1970's rock songs, with some songs as exceptions, working in the previous formula.
Here starts the fifth phase, where Damião writes the lyrics first, and sings on rock heavy bases (as he says it) already in the 80s, more inside the tempo, with start and end, and continues in this format until stopping in 1992 with the last record - Command Lamma Planet.
After 30 years of career, tired of the public debauch, the lack of support and the media in general ignoring his work, poor as all we are after catastrophic economic plans, he retires, forgets his records and loses the matrices of the LPs in flooding that occurs in the bathroom of his house. He is half inmate, receives few visits, sells all of his remaining records, when not, just distributes them. Sporadically writes something or records something acoustic in his guitar, thinking about one day to release a piece of his work in the CD format.
Ironically, when Daminhão believes that the world had forgotten his work, we at Portão do Daminhão initiates our activities in 2001, rescuing records of the Daminhão, divulging the artist and trying to place him in return with messages for the people of the planet Earth (calling planet earth…) and arriving now in 2004 trying to release the work of the Daminhão and creating a Portal for all of his fans and who believes in a different way to make and to hear music.
Hamalai - MESA !!!.

http://www.damiaoexperienca.net/home_a.htm
http://www.damiaoexperienca.net/downloads_a.htm
compulsive diarrhea, jico is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.06.2007, 02:43 AM   #174
James Blonde
bad moon rising

James Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard suckaJames Blonde cold hard sucka
James Blonde was listening Damiao couple of days ago, rather crazy sounds.
James Blonde is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2007, 06:33 PM   #175
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras

you can download the whole compilation here:

http://chocoreve.blogspot.com/2006_0...e_archive.html

you have to scroll down approximately one third of the page, until you reach "Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Turkish Acidheads, But Were Afraid To Ask" and then download "part 3" if i remember right (or "part 4"?).

in any case, i could upload it, as it's still on my hard disk... i didn't listen to it much since i downloaded it, unfortunately (but i will)... the only thing i can say is that the three Mogollar tracks are excellent...

i was tempted to buy this compilation at some point, but it seemed unavailable/"out-of-print" in a lot of places i tried.
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2007, 10:33 AM   #176
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
ok, here's something with ancient runic singing and some experimental guitar-electronics.
very beautiful.

http://www.arm.ee/failid/076/kart_jo...ul_lullaby.mp3
Lullaby -
"... come, slumber, come into our child's eye..."

http://www.arm.ee/failid/454/kart_johansonrobert_jyrjendal_kiigelaul_swinging_s ong.mp3
Swinging Song
"... swing up high... to the dark clouds... to the Moon"
you can feel the swinging, both in singing and in music. when heard this few weeks ago at radio, had true jawdropping moment.

http://www.arm.ee/failid/374/kart_jo...horse_game.mp3
Horse Game
"... an evil man came and stole my good horse, left a dirty gelding in its stead... I went to look for my horse..."

usually those songs are sing by groups, still amazing what one singer can do.
hope someone would enjoy this as much as i do.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 06:58 AM   #177
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Magic of JuJu
http://magicofjuju.blogspot.com/

Old 02.15.2007, 07:02 AM   #178
porkmarras
invito al cielo

A Kiosk
of
Information Related
to
Ethnomusicology

http://aris.ss.uci.edu/rgarfias/kiosk/

This is a group of connections to various interests and short comments, most of which are related to ethnomusicology in some way.

Old 02.15.2007, 12:02 PM   #179
porkmarras
invito al cielo

http://italianfolkmusic.blogspot.com/

Banda ionica ::: Matri mia

One of the best band music album ever!
Ethno rocker Roy Paci and Fabio Barovero joined force with a Sicilian band.
Their previous record was a more traditional band one, but here they experimented blending band music and vocals. Performances by Cristina Zavalloni and Vinicio Capossela are of a heavenly kind

Roy Paci: trumpet
Rosario Pataria: trombone, euphonium
Gianfranco Rafalà: clarinet
Salvatore DI Stefano: flugelhorn
Gaetano Santoro: tenor and contralto saxes
Salvatore Salvia: baritone sax
Roberto Rapisarda: bass tuba
e dal vivo:
Alessandro Azzaro: percussions
Angelo Pappalardo: bass tuba
Claudio Alfò: euphonium
Daniele Limpido: tenor sax
Egidio Valentino: euphonium
Francesco Cusa: percussions
Gaetano Limpido: tenor sax
Gaetano Mazzone: basso tuba
Giuseppe Consiglio: trombone
Paolo Boccaccio: percussions
Salvatore Morello: clarinet
Sebastiano Bell'Arte: horn
Sebastiano Nanè: flute
Sebastiano Sessa: horn
Sebastiano Tuccitto: clarinet
Vincenzo Catinello: trumpet, alto sax
and
Gilson Silveira: percussionsi (03.),
Federico Marchesano: double bass (11.)

01. Intro - Espinita 1.20
02. Espinita (voce Macaco El Mono Loco) 4.02
03. Come l'aria (voce Mauro Ermanno Giovanardi) 4.22
04. Ombra Sacra 4.47
05. Raissa (voce Arthur H) 6.10
06. Giocondità 2.44
07. Mi votu e mi rivotu (voce Cristina Zavalloni) 5.00
08. Santissima dei Naufragati (voce Vinicio Capossela) 4.46
09. SS Cristo alla Colonna 5.55
10. E vui durmiti ancora 2.16
11. Lorenzo in Sicilia 3.52

2002 • Felmay Dunya Records fy 8050

Link

Old 02.16.2007, 07:32 AM   #180
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Gasper Lawal, Ajomasé & Abio'sunni

http://permanentcondition.blogspot.com/
I’ve been absent from the blogosphere for something like the duration of a comet’s orbit, so today’s post is an effort to make up for lost time. Thus, a pair of records are featured, being the first two solo efforts by expatriate Nigerian drummer Gasper Lawal. Both embody every motive behind my (admittedly sporadic) commitment to this journal:

• Neither album has appeared on CD in the quarter-century since their release. “Kita-Kita,” from Ajomasé, turned up on the epoch-marking Nigeria 70 compilation assembled and released by Afro-Strut, a label whose demise I still lament. The combined running times of Ajomasé and Abio’sunni outdistanced the storage capabilities of the compact disc; it’s doubtful that either title was sufficiently popular to justify re-release in its own right. Fortunately, downloading now renders the timing problem moot.

• Both albums are filled to the brim with great playing and terrifically modern ideas (Lawal, with his 1980 debut Ajomasé, might have formulated the Nigerian response to Bowie’s & Eno’s Low), none of which have dated in the least. Curiously, neither record is mentioned on Gasper Lawal’s page in the All Music Guide.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth