Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Current trends: Judge the Commoner
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.02.2018, 07:28 AM   #1
Diesel
little trouble girl

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
So there's this fashion trend sweeping the uk nation which involves the age 'ol mass hysteria/they live/invasion of the body Snatchers type THING of people copying others' choice of fashion wear for no other reason I can think of other them being a bunch of commoners. Have you noticed it, Engerlund? I'll give you a moment to see if you can guess what it is. Do you know what it is yet? I wasn't going to say anything but the final straw came just now as I spotted my neighbour wearing one, maybe he's a lifeguard - and herein lies the biggest clue. We're basically talking red, puffer jackets. They look like Marty's from Back to the Future but with sleeves. They're in the office, In the city, in your street, if you see one just point and let out a gutteral howl - who knows they might get the reference and feel embarrassed about being common peasant scum, yay! Or you could keep it discreet and play a game I like to indulge in called Judge the Commoner where one gets points for simply spotting the life-jacket. Double points if it's a man.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Diesel
little trouble girl

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Another trend I've had the displeasure at noticing is a verbal kind. A buzzword if you will. All I'm hearing from the cattle these days is 'TO BE FAIR'. It goes like this - people will express an opinion and then inexplicably utter (or udder - eh? EH??) the words 'to be fair' before proceeding to contradict their original opinion. I'm all for being able to see things from different points of view but is it necessary to espouse every single time essentially rendering yourself opinionless.

To be fair is to sit on the fence, it's boring.

Has this phenomena hit your town yet? If not, how will you prepare for its inevitable arrival? I personally would recommend: Axe, disposable gloves, plastic sheeting, plausible alibi. Good luck!
Old 12.02.2018, 03:10 PM   #3
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Ear to the soil, vegetables informing me that vegans say, “at any rate.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
All I'm hearing from the cattle these days is 'TO BE FAIR'.

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2018, 05:57 AM   #4
Diesel
little trouble girl

Sounds Australian. When I think about it however, every idiom could've originated from darn unda and/or northern England. I mean they both have a Newcastle and incidentally share the same bridge...

Do you have the red body warmer epidemic in Texas? I'd imagine it would be too hot for such stupidity. Apparently corporate clothing chain Primark is a source for the red death so chances are if your city has those then the end is nigh.
Old 12.03.2018, 08:12 AM   #5
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Has there ever been a time when 'the commoners' (or anyone else for that matter), hasn't followed silly trends - whether in terms of clothes or speech codes? The 'normies' might be wearing red puffa jackets and saying 'to be fair' but so the 'alternative' types all seem to be wearing hi-top Nike Airs and declaring everything 'problematic'.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2018, 11:12 AM   #6
Diesel
little trouble girl

Oh, by all means https://youtu.be/SckD99B51IA
But I'm having too much fun..

The Switzerland gang has taken over my workplace so it's hard to ignore, seeing as there's about 40 iterations of 'to be fair' farted out each day. There's the 'like, like and like' mean girl girls too. This one's obviously old news however.

Alt. types huh? Are they the lads who like to wear skin-tight leggings?
Old 12.03.2018, 12:07 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i dont remember the original diesel being so concerned with fashion victims

he cared more about drink and making music

is this the real specimen?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2018, 06:20 PM   #8
Diesel
little trouble girl

Ah nar don't get Pistolero to make an appearance, I'm still recovering from the last time which was over three weeks ago. The night in question involved treble after treble after treble of the most rancid house whiskey and vodka and a good soaking by the lovely north east weather. The next day my body blew a gasket and I've been unable to breath properly ever since. Nearly collapsed a few times just climbing a few stairs. Not touched a drop since.

You got to relax, so this is where Coffee & Codamol comes in. Codamol for the wheezy chest, honest guv. It's beautiful. I made an ep dedicated to Coffee & Codamol...it's on youtube. I tried to make my avatar a homage too but my phone wouldn't have it. Yea I got addictions

I've ordered some juicy new pedals: Solar-Bender and a Polara..they might just be juicy enough to quell the devil juice itch.
Old 12.03.2018, 06:23 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ah nar don't get Pistolero to make an appearance, I'm still recovering from the last time which was over three weeks ago. The night in question involved treble after treble after treble of the most rancid house whiskey and vodka and a good soaking by the lovely north east weather. The next day my body blew a gasket and I've been unable to breath properly ever since. Nearly collapsed a few times just climbing a few stairs. Not touched a drop since.

You got to relax, so this is where Coffee & Codamol comes in. Codamol for the wheezy chest, honest guv. It's beautiful. I made an ep dedicated to Coffee & Codamol...it's on youtube. I tried to make my avatar a homage too but my phone wouldn't have it. Yea I got addictions

I've ordered some juicy new pedals: Solar-Bender and a Polara..they might just be juicy enough to quell the devil juice itch.
oh, this guy i recognize haaa haaa haaa

hi!
Old 12.04.2018, 04:35 AM   #10
operator
little trouble girl

operator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's asses
remember the white levi's t-shirts some months back? what was that all about?
operator is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2018, 05:15 AM   #11
Diesel
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh, this guy i recognize haaa haaa haaa

hi!

During the detox period I guess threads like this are inevitable. It's that old chestnut junkie cliche 'I'm starting to see things!'.
Old 12.04.2018, 05:17 AM   #12
Diesel
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator
remember the white levi's t-shirts some months back? what was that all about?

uh, I dont remember. What's that referring to?
Old 12.04.2018, 05:26 AM   #13
operator
little trouble girl

operator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's assesoperator kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...ed-this-summer
operator is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2018, 06:11 AM   #14
Diesel
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator

For a second there I thought you were referring to some sort of legendary post.

One look at the reasoning behind wearing the t-shirt is as expected, like staring into the abyss. Classic. Cool. Cute moment!! Pfff

What is up with denim anyway? It's all blue and shit
Old 12.04.2018, 11:14 AM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
During the detox period I guess threads like this are inevitable. It's that old chestnut junkie cliche 'I'm starting to see things!'.
ooooh! ha ha ha

ok, don't let me bother ya-- go on seeing

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth