Cosmopolitan Girl 7 16.28%
Loud and Soft 3 6.98%
Destroyer 17 39.53%
She Is Not Alone 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04.23.2006, 01:46 PM   #21
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
cosmopolitan girl, loud and soft, destroyer and early studio! uff...impossible to choose.....what's yr. favourite....what is the best?????!!!!!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 01:51 PM   #22
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
?? i dont think any of the noisefest tracks appear on the EP reissue... i was actually surprised by this. there is one other show that's surfaced that contains a noisefest track, but i don't have it. i think these 4 tracks were pretty unique to the 'original' line-up...

but i could be wrong! i'll have to listen to em again...i thought it was odd that they were playing a CKM song in september 81..
If my memory is good, the two tracks are pretty similar and I'm nearly sure that Thurston introduces Cosmopolitan on that Noisefest show... But, I may be wrong too...

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 03:19 PM   #23
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I just checked the Noisefest gig, I still don't hear Cosmo Girl (nor do I hear Thurston say anything). I can see how the rhythms are similar, but I don't think the Noisefest track is Cosmo Girl (since it existed prior to the NF gig, why would they play an embryonic instrumental version?). Unless your Noisefest is longer than mine ...
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 03:28 PM   #24
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I just checked the Noisefest gig, I still don't hear Cosmo Girl (nor do I hear Thurston say anything). I can see how the rhythms are similar, but I don't think the Noisefest track is Cosmo Girl (since it existed prior to the NF gig, why would they play an embryonic instrumental version?). Unless your Noisefest is longer than mine ...
No, you should be right... I'll check it back later

Noisejob
Old 04.24.2006, 10:14 PM   #25
samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Destroyer.

Cosmopolitan Girl and Burning Spear are both amazing as well.
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 12:10 PM   #26
Fox
the destroyed room

Woaah... I must have smoke something bad to say something like that... There is no similarities between Cosmopolitan Girl and Noisefest #4... What a shame Anyway, Cosmopolitan Girl sounds like Noisefest material, in the style I want to say (nottably the "bursting" Kim vocals)

Noisejob

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth