Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The BROWSER Act FTC to run internet, not FCC?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.31.2017, 05:35 PM   #1
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
This is being pitched as a move to help user's privacy, more in line with privacy laws in Europe. However, I think this is the interesting part: "..the legislation designates the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) as the nation’s sole online privacy enforcer and brings internet service providers (ISPs) and edge providers under a regime similar to that previously adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)."

I just can't believe the Senator from Tennessee would do this solely to help mere users. There has to be some advantage to 'power' somewhere and that would be in putting control under Trade not Communication.

https://blackburn.house.gov/news/doc...umentID=398295

People don't think privacy matters, but when normal people's attitudes change when they learn entities like the Mexican Drug Cartels aredata mining to find people to target. Why do they have to take a picture of my license plate when I pay cash at the toll booth?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth