Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.25.2016, 03:45 PM   #661
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Such, you live in Cali. Vote for Palin or Lee Renaldo or Hitler's ghost. It doesn't matter. In some states, such as mine, it does.

My ideas aren't original--that On the Media episode was some dope shit--but I'll take whatever I can get.
you missed my point entirely. read it again and let it marinate.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2016, 03:53 PM   #662
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Your point is I'm rude. Also somewhere in there is the idea all elections are fraudulent. I don't care about the former and I vehemently disagree with latter.

Although I will say it would be cool if Jill Stein got 5% or more. All the dems in dark red states should go for it. A dem in Mississippi voting for Clinton feels like a waste.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2016, 04:10 PM   #663
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
to the smarmy one:

democracy requires a free marketplace of ideas. some ideas are insults.

some insults are appropriate and justified

eat fuck.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2016, 04:56 PM   #664
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
to the smarmy one:

democracy requires a free marketplace of ideas. some ideas are insults.

some insults are appropriate and justified

eat fuck.
fine but don't be surprised when such tactics proves ineffective at the original goal and so actually does more harm. hahaha the cognitive dissonance of you democracy bullies never ceases to amaze me

Old 08.25.2016, 04:58 PM   #665
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Your point is I'm rude. Also somewhere in there is the idea all elections are fraudulent. I don't care about the former and I vehemently disagree with latter.

nope my point had nothing to do with evaluating your personal character. rather it was an ontological reflection on the underlying fundamental premise of democracy.

browbeating, badgering, and belittling those who politically disagree trying to coerce them into supporting your candidate is a mild form of fascism which i find no small irony since apparently fascist tactics of the far right are precisely what you politically oppose

Old 08.25.2016, 05:57 PM   #666
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
fine but don't be surprised when such tactics proves ineffective at the original goal and so actually does more harm. hahaha the cognitive dissonance of you democracy bullies never ceases to amaze me

i was just demonstrating a point. i just didn't put a winky-winky next to it.

but more seriously, i think there's a place and a time for righteous indignation. democracy is not about hippy-dippy everything goes. it also doesn't mean that everyone is right.

this may be more of an east coast/ wast coast thing or LA vs the rest of the planet, but there are situations when people need to be called out on their bullshit.

ohio is a battleground state. we're still a few months out and anything can happen. ohio could be in 2016 what florida was in 2000.

and i agree with evollove that there are much more important things in the world than one's personal self-satisfaction. shit like a nuclear holocaust or letting russia invade europe, for example. or a fucking race war breaking out in this country. i mean-- priorities, motherfucker. your precious feelings have to take back seat to important matters.

he articulated that beautifully and peppered it with the right kind and number of profanities. learn to appreciate good writing, for the love of fuck.

and calling people out on their bs is not "bullying". bullying is trying to keep them from the polls, beating them up in the street, and intimidating them with threat of harm. nobody here has threatened to hurt anyone. it's just an exchange of ideas, maybe too metal for your delicate ears. don't be a drama queen.
Old 08.25.2016, 07:14 PM   #667
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i was just demonstrating a point. i just didn't put a winky-winky next to it.

but more seriously, i think there's a place and a time for righteous indignation. democracy is not about hippy-dippy everything goes. it also doesn't mean that everyone is right.

But again, it is not hippie-dippy anything.. the fundamental premise of democracy is that people vote THEIR CHOICE whatever THEIR CHOICE is, period. It is a reflection of people's political voice. If they disagree with a "lesser evil" candidate it is THEIR FUNDAMENTAL CHOICE not to support or vote for that candidate.

Otherwise we fall into fascism by every single definition.
Quote:

this may be more of an east coast/ wast coast thing or LA vs the rest of the planet, but there are situations when people need to be called out on their bullshit.

What bullshit? Now I agree with you completely for those who perhaps naively believe a third party candidate can actually win but that is besides the point entirely. If people sincerely support a candidate who can't win it is again their fundamental right, hence democracy.

Quote:
ohio is a battleground state. we're still a few months out and anything can happen. ohio could be in 2016 what florida was in 2000.

Yes I am aware, I have taught high school civics, I understand the structure of elections. However again that isn't the point. If folks such as yourself support a particular candidate, be it Overlord Hillary or anyone, than your responsibility is to convince people to vote for that candidate in order to yes "win" the proportionate amount of votes.

and I notice you mentioned Florida. Fine. I recall people saying Nader cost the election for Gore. NONSENSE. If Gore supporters couldn't convince several hundred people to vote for Gore that shit has ZERO to do with Ralph Nader and his supporters.

Quote:
and i agree with evollove that there are much more important things in the world than one's personal self-satisfaction.
again that is where you entirely miss the point just as he did. YOU might believe a particular candidate you support is important, other people might disagree. Again, THAT is democracy. Folks can't have it be a democracy only when it fits their agenda, and then want to antagonize people who disagree with them by voting for a different candidate.

Quote:
your precious feelings have to take back seat to important matters.
It has nothing to do with my feelings or anyone's feelings, it has to do with the fundamental and ontological premises underlying democracy. What you propose is a kind of fascism and weirdly inverted form of jingoism.

Quote:
he articulated that beautifully and peppered it with the right kind and number of profanities. learn to appreciate good writing, for the love of fuck.
can you be any less condescending or insulting? I mean I get it , I can be an asshole sometimes but not in this instance. I am being quite reasonable meanwhile...

Quote:
and calling people out on their bs is not "bullying". bullying is trying to keep them from the polls, beating them up in the street, and intimidating them with threat of harm. nobody here has threatened to hurt anyone. it's just an exchange of ideas, maybe too metal for your delicate ears. don't be a drama queen.

No bullying is trying to convince them they are horrible people and they are the root of all evils in our society and everything is their fault if they disagree with your candidate. Sorry. maybe its you who can't appreciate good writing

Old 08.25.2016, 08:05 PM   #668
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i'm not advocating "fascism" or trying to supress voting. that's the stupidest claim.

i started by applauding evollove's lucid and passionate comments. was it in strong language? sure. does strong language equal "fascism"?

oh, hippy dippy...

then you stated preaching like a schoolmarm

that gets fucking irritating

people don't have to be "nice" all the time. evollove happens to have very strong emotions attached to the election in his state. you're asking him to bottle it all up or else it's "fascism"? fuck you (in a lewis black voice)

fascism is precisely what he wants to avoid! that's where his sense of urgency comes from!

hey, i feel bullied by your stoner logic. i feel belittled by your schoolmarm attitude. you're badgering me with non-sequiturs. in the name of democracy, please shut up. <-- that winky-winky is there to aid your comprehension
Old 08.25.2016, 08:30 PM   #669
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm not advocating "fascism" or trying to supress voting. that's the stupidest claim.

No but you seem to have no problem with harassing and accusing those who disagree with you politically. hence why I said a mild fascism

Quote:

oh, hippy dippy...

then you stated preaching like a schoolmarm

Oh the insults again. Great tactic, that is sure to convince me to vote for your candidate isn't it

Quote:
that gets fucking irritating

You mean annoying like people insulting and harassing other people who disagree with them politically? Hmmmmmmm

Quote:
people don't have to be "nice" all the time. evollove happens to have very strong emotions attached to the election in his state. you're asking him to bottle it all up or else it's "fascism"? fuck you (in a lewis black voice)

Well they do if their intention is to somehow convince people to change their political views and support a different candidate, particularly if one wants to convince them support one's own politics. Amazing, I know, but true!
Quote:

fascism is precisely what he wants to avoid! that's where his sense of urgency comes from!

Agreed completely hence the palpable irony.

Quote:

hey, i feel bullied by your stoner logic. i feel belittled by your schoolmarm attitude. you're badgering me with non-sequiturs. in the name of democracy, please shut up. <-- that winky-winky is there to aid your comprehension

Then perhaps you can empathize with the point I am trying to make.

Listen !@#$! you and I go through this song or dance more or less the exact same way every election. However after TWELVE years you would really and truly think you might start to understand my perspective. I guess not. Carry on with your fearmongering and insulting other people's politics, it makes you seem about as ugly as the Trumpites but in an opposite direction.

1984 was totally correct. American politics are simply two sides of the same ugly coin and the same ugly tactics and everyone feels self-righteous about their own politics while totally demonizing anyone who disagrees.

Old 08.25.2016, 08:36 PM   #670
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

To be sure i understand y'all's perspective and y'all's point. I "get it"..

I just totally thing your tactic and approach is counter intuitive and counter productive to the originally stated goals and intent. My point is two fold (a) one of efficacy and (b) respecting a core principle of democracy.

Old 08.25.2016, 09:26 PM   #671
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
To be sure i understand y'all's perspective and y'all's point. I "get it"..

I just totally thing your tactic and approach is counter intuitive and counter productive to the originally stated goals and intent. My point is two fold (a) one of efficacy and (b) respecting a core principle of democracy.

if you preach "respect" then respect the sense of outrage and skip the silly lectures for fucks sakes

also, to you this is all word games and ultimately you're just trolling
Old 08.25.2016, 09:30 PM   #672
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
if you preach "respect" then respect the sense of outrage and skip the silly lectures for fucks sakes

also, to you this is all word games and ultimately you're just trolling
im not trolling and im not outraged and i know you are mature enough to have an actual conversation about this if you want to que no?

Old 08.25.2016, 09:31 PM   #673
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
Holy shit I get it. Sometimes for the sake of getting along you have to give up your cause because youre fucking obnoxious. A lesson in Social Graces and etiquette. Sorry for the stupid posts. Point taken
oh my posts weren't about you at all and i am glad to see you drop by and i am sincerely hoping things have improved for you

Old 08.25.2016, 09:37 PM   #674
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
im not trolling and im not outraged and i know you are mature enough to have an actual conversation about this if you want to que no?
evollove was the outraged one, and the outrage was not only warranted but clearly justified by his argument

you didnt stop to consider his argument and started spouting hippy dippy incoherences

about "actual conversation"-- you claim to stand for democracy at the same time that you denounce it--you're actually a theocratic monarchist. that would be the definition of bad faith if only the absurdity wasn't so overt

so yes,you're trolling

Old 08.25.2016, 09:56 PM   #675
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
evollove was the outraged one, and the outrage was not only warranted but clearly justified by his argument
outraged has he may have been this badgering people who won't vote his way has been a consistent trend whenever discussing politics on this forum.
Quote:

you didnt stop to consider his argument and started spouting hippy dippy incoherences

about "actual conversation"-- you claim to stand for democracy at the same time that you denounce it--you're actually a theocratic monarchist. that would be the definition of bad faith if only the absurdity wasn't so overt

so yes,you're trolling

just because i don't believe in democracy doesn't mean i can't possibly understand it.

considering you are the only one spitting out personal insults AND not even bothering to engage my actual points then by definition the only one trolling here seems to be you

Old 08.25.2016, 10:43 PM   #676
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
Thanks man. I want to act my age on here now. The Ween forum is high school but SYG is university level maturity. My life isn't a party anymore and I don't want to act like it is. What Christ said about: when I was a child I was concerned with childish things but when I became a man I put childish things aside. I'm a funny guy but tragedy and comedy walk the same line. I'll figure out when it's appropriate soon.
glad to hear. though you flatter us about maturity also that was Apostle Paul you are paraphrasing

Old 08.26.2016, 03:03 PM   #677
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
good read here

http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2016/...-disorder.html

republicans begin to feel uncomfortable in the party THEY created
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2016, 04:26 PM   #678
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
great, great album

"Still my favorite Kraftwerk LP." —Steve Shelley

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2016, 04:33 PM   #679
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2016, 04:59 AM   #680
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Hill speech in Reno:

''and the grand godfather of this global brand of extreme nationalism is Russian president Vladimir Putin''..... what does global nationalism actually means? there is a contradiction there (like her whole speech). crazy. Putin is blamed for everything these days, also Trump, nationalism, he is like a god apparently.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
313233 34 3536374484134 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth