Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Finding stuff you thought youd lost forever
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2011, 04:04 PM   #1
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I just found a bin bag full of stuff i thought had disappeared into the ether

I found a hand written letter from the best friend of a girl I was seeing for about 2 months, she had written it to me to indicate that the girl felt quite strongly about me... but i never realised what this meant at the time and i fucked it up. You dont get hand written things unless its serious, and im wishing id realised that at the time

Does it make you feel nostalgic when you find these things? Or regretful for the things that never worked out? Or are you far better adjusted than I am, and it makes you feel all Ready-Brek-Warm inside?

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
I was looking at random shit in old boxes on my dads attic. Found a lot of stuff like old toys, car-models, my stone-collection, etc.. that I used to have when I was a kid.
Got pretty emotional to find those old stuff.. it's wierd. :/
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2011, 04:54 PM   #3
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Minidiscs!

I found my bloody Minidiscs!

Old 05.26.2011, 05:05 PM   #4
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I never got to keep anything. I keep a lot of crap....but....My mother hated clutter and would throw out a lot of shit....So...yeah. I barely have memories located within tangible objects which saddens me a bit....but oh well.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2011, 07:08 PM   #5
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
I recently found my old Gameboy Advance with Super Mario World.
I played it until the battery died. And it's the rechargeable one. I have no power adapter : (
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2011, 09:13 PM   #6
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
my mind. i found it at the bottom of a tub. of legos.
Old 05.26.2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
When I was 11, I moved from Nevada to Florida, and I had packed all of my Playstation games (A big collection with a lot of rarities) in a box. Sure enough, when I arrived in Tampa, I couldn't find the box anywhere. Myself and my brother were devastated. Castlevania: SOTN, FF7, Street Fighter Alpha 3, etc etc etc. They were all gone.

Much to my surprise, after years of moving back and forth, I finally was trying to condense some of my boxes of random VHS tapes (I had taped tons of random stuff when I got my own VCR when I was 12, even if I never planned on watching it again), when I found a box with only a few in there.... Yet it was a big box. Underneath a few blank tapes I found all of my old PS1 games. Turns out my mom was trying to condense boxes when we had originally moved and had repacked the box of games to make more room on the truck.

That was a glorious day. I played FF7 again that very night and didn't stop until the end of summer.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2011, 12:28 AM   #8
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

CD singles of indie bands i would never listen to nowadays

Old 05.27.2011, 01:19 AM   #9
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
really want to find my contact mic's, recording tomorow and i lost them on tour somewhere. fuck.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2011, 01:23 AM   #10
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

ive got a wedge of stickers from an indie band that everyone has forgotten

http://www.22-20s.com/site/

theyre still going, bless em

Old 05.27.2011, 02:13 AM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
have you all heard of FOUND MAGAZINE?

Look it up on google.

It's BLOODY BRILLIANT, by far the coolest magazine ever.

If you're into stuff like FORBIDDEN TRANSMISSION, LOST AND FOUND VIDEO NIGHTS, FOUND FOOTAGE FESTIVAL, found sound comps, and so on and so forth... imagine all that but in a magazine.

It's basically found letters, shopping lists, dirty notes/pictures,and all sorts of other goodies. There's regular FOUND and then DIRTY FOUND (which is way better -- tons of nude photos and fucked up letters, many from prison... all nasty as hell!). And they've got some books and shit too.

Anyway, I highly reccomend it, and it goes along nicely with this thread..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2011, 02:44 AM   #12
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Exactly....I would love to find old shit by me.....but...nothing of mine ever lasts.......nothing. Sometimes it feels like I didn't have a past.
Old 05.27.2011, 03:12 AM   #13
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

I know it's just small objects....but there are some things that I would've have loved to revisit in my head.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth