Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page "Assisted Suicide" Doctor Jack Kevorkian dead at 83
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.06.2011, 12:28 AM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I never brought up religion, I never brought up morality, but if after all these views and posts none of y'all can understand why its just plain wrong to assist a person in killing themselves for ANY reason whatsoever, then I obviously can't explain it any further..

I only say one thing. I hope and pray sincerely that some of y'all have a bit more heart and courage that terrifying day in an ICU or a hospital somewhere when a relative or lover or friend of yours is at their death bed and you have to make that decision, because it will haunt you more than these rhetorical sparring ever could...

stay blessed,
habte selassie

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 01:08 AM   #62
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
life isnt for everybody. its a bit like a film in that if you've gone through half of it and its not been very good then it probably aint gonna get any better towards the end.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 08:22 AM   #63
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I never brought up religion, I never brought up morality, but if after all these views and posts none of y'all can understand why its just plain wrong to assist a person in killing themselves for ANY reason whatsoever, then I obviously can't explain it any further..

I only say one thing. I hope and pray sincerely that some of y'all have a bit more heart and courage that terrifying day in an ICU or a hospital somewhere when a relative or lover or friend of yours is at their death bed and you have to make that decision, because it will haunt you more than these rhetorical sparring ever could...

stay blessed,
habte selassie

As far as i know Kevorkian only advocated the assitance if the person was of sound mind and requesting it. I personally think its far more dignified to control the last thing your body does on this earth than to have your brain slowly decaying, to be reduced to the state of a helpless child in front of your own children, forgetting their faces and being such a distressing sight that people who once knew you can't start the car without shaking uncontrollably and bursting into tears.
Call me inhumane if you will.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth