Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So many ladies
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2013, 04:38 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
how can sexual attraction be a fetish? Only a racist fuck would say that. Finding different ethnicities beautiful is no different from finding redheads prettier than blondes, or vice versa. a real sexual fetish is something that WARPS sexuality, something that does not necessarily belong in sexuality, like bondage, shitting, animals, etc. a sexual fetish is something non-sexual that the fetishist cannot enjoy sex without, at least in clinical psychology.

liking chinese girls or british girls is just a sexual preference. if you choose to call that a fetish you should look at yourself and answer why you think that is so.
Old 01.23.2013, 04:40 PM   #42
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I think you're not quite getting that being a straight man is not the same thing as being an objetifying creep. That is an insult to straight men in general that you even suggest that.

It doesn't come across to me like you've had the opinion of most women, it's not like you personally make it feel safe from them to speak up. Most of my life I pretended not to give a shit, I was even afraid of saying something, because people will quickly start with the same old cliche they use to try and silence angry women.

However, since I became an activist I don't give a shit anymore and I'm not afraid anymore because I know better. But you should trust me, what women actually feel is very different from what you believe.

I take it from the time we first had this discussion about women on SYG. At some point, the environment became so hostile most girls stopped posting. They were AFRAID of joining the discussion in public, because they were afraid of being ridiculed like I was being, but I had lots of private messages sent to me saying they felt the same way. Sadly, that is a small representation of what happens in the real world too.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2013, 04:42 PM   #43
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
i think it's a fine line between thinking a lot of indian women are pretty and having a weird racist fetish.
I generally find a larger number of Asian men very attractive, at least compared to the amount of ethnically diverse men I'll find attractive while looking on any given day. I find men of many other ethnicities attractive too, and I have been romantically linked to some of them in the past. Am I still weirdly fetishistic about Asian men? I don't think so. I think you are just talking about extreme cases.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2013, 04:43 PM   #44
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be honest, I so truely feel that I have 'the right one' for me, that I simply never look, or.even think about other women, in any kind of sexually objectified way.

Then again, I'm not a fucking filthpig, like the rest of you.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2013, 04:45 PM   #45
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
You do understand that sexual attraction is not something that you necessarily have to publicly talk about with other men? This kind of silly attitude to get "reassurance" from other men just pushes women away. Besides, in a world where 4 in every 10 woman is raped (US estimates) and 95% of women say they are sexually harrased on the streets regularly, where women are told that they are judged by their looks first and many go to extreme lenghts to "fit" the stereotype (which includes dying), where woman are told to be constantly afraid of where they walk, who they speak to and what they wear DO YOU REALLY THINK IT'S NECESSARY to reinforce that culture of fear and objetification in order for you to be a 'man'?

Old 01.23.2013, 04:46 PM   #46
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
thinking an indian girl is hot as an individual is different from thinking indian girls are hot.

i think that if a girl actually appreciates a comment on her attractiveness she would prefer it to be a comment on her as individual and not that indian chicks are hotter than mexicans or something. i mean i don't really know but i think someone could potentially think you're only interested in talking to them because you wanna fuck an indian and i think that not many people would take that as a compliment
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2013, 04:49 PM   #47
knox
invito al cielo

Funny enough, there's a creep in the cafe who stared at me for a long time and now finally made the move to offer to pay for my coffee. Now I have to be weary in case I get followed. Thanks world, what a great compliment.

Did you try to pull off the "only racists talk about racism thing"? Because I'm gonna pretend you didn't go there.

Old 01.23.2013, 04:50 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
It is just fun, like talking about comics you like, or music you like, or art you find beautiful, or the cars you like, etc.

Beauty lies in the eye, and it is interesting to me what others find beautiful. More power to them you know?

I applaud your activism but choose your battles. a thread about how many smart, good looking Indian ladies there are in the library seems a bit of a stretch.
Old 01.23.2013, 04:51 PM   #49
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
thinking an indian girl is hot as an individual is different from thinking indian girls are hot.

i think that if a girl actually appreciates a comment on her attractiveness she would prefer it to be a comment on her as individual and not that indian chicks are hotter than mexicans or something. i mean i don't really know but i think someone could potentially think you're only interested in talking to them because you wanna fuck an indian and i think that not many people would take that as a compliment

bingo.
especially when they've heard it/seen it from white men 3874778434 times

Old 01.23.2013, 04:52 PM   #50
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
It is just fun, like talking about comics you like, or music you like, or art you find beautiful, or the cars you like, etc.

Beauty lies in the eye, and it is interesting to me what others find beautiful. More power to them you know?

I applaud your activism but choose your battles. a thread about how many smart, good looking Indian ladies there are in the library seems a bit of a stretch.

Does it look like I'm having fun?
Stop being so defensive, it's kind of silly. I'll admire you more if you have the guts to admit and reassess things.
And I don't need a pat in the back. This is part of my "activism" too, right here.
Also, read what kpp posted. Spot on.
He doesn't feel like he has to side with you to be a man.

Old 01.23.2013, 04:57 PM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I fully agree that a statement like "all indian girls are so hot" is a generalization. However, the statement, "there are so many beautiful indian girls here." is not. Neither statement is a racist statement either.

How is a strange man to approach a woman he finds attractive then? asking to pay for your coffee seems fairly innocuous.
Old 01.23.2013, 04:59 PM   #52
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

what kdp said was a complete fabrication on his part as to what my statement meant. don't you see? people b ring their own baggage to things.

ask an unattractive guy how it would feel to have women talking about how handsome he is.
Old 01.23.2013, 05:00 PM   #53
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
If Rob's attitude was to be vilified for starting this thread, we wouldn't have the artist perspective or commentary (which most certainly doesn't have to be dialectically profound) when looking at anything. Wait, we do have it, that's why we are spending so much time on a tedious diatribe like his intentions for starting this thread.
Old 01.23.2013, 05:03 PM   #54
knox
invito al cielo

Nothing is faily innocous in a rape culture.
Nothing is harmless enough to make us feel less afraid of strange men.
Also, we don't come out on the street to be admired, approached, photographed, talked about, stared at.

Stop being sooo defensive.

Just listen to what I said, it's very simple:

Lesson 1: don't make women feel uncomfortable in a place you share with them.

Lesson 2: listen to them when they tell you they're bothered by something. Remember: you're not a woman, you don't know how it feels.

Lesson 3: keep your sexual thoughts to yourself. You don't need other men's approval of your libido to establish your identity as a straight men.

VOILA. DONE.

Old 01.23.2013, 05:04 PM   #55
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

lol
Old 01.23.2013, 05:04 PM   #56
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:

ask an unattractive guy how it would feel to have women talking about how handsome he is.

do we live in a culture where 99% of men say they feel street harrashment on a dialy basis? no. false symmetry, weak argument.

Old 01.23.2013, 05:06 PM   #57
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

OK.
Old 01.23.2013, 05:07 PM   #58
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

I don't have a dick but he makes me HARD!
Old 01.23.2013, 05:07 PM   #59
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
do we live in a culture where 99% of men say they feel street harrashment on a dialy basis? no. false symmetry, weak argument.

not an argument or a symmetry. Just a statement of fact.

and we DO live in a culture where certain attributes are manly and certain others are ridiculed at every turn. men are harrassed in their own manner. You may not know about it being a woman.
Old 01.23.2013, 05:10 PM   #60
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:

liking chinese girls or british girls is just a sexual preference. if you choose to call that a fetish you should look at yourself and answer why you think that is so.

is it, really?
is it just a "preference" if a white man say they don't find black women as attractive?
then you probably think there's nothing wrong with this:
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/ame...E750JCUD8THQ0H

> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth