Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2016, 11:04 AM   #2121
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I'd rather have a solo album too.. then they can make a collab album or whatever if they want to.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2016, 09:11 PM   #2122
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeah I'd rather have a solo album too.. then they can make a collab album or whatever if they want to.

Well, I've heard the full track a few times, and I'm very impressed. Nice production. Not sure who's on the boards for this, but it sounds different, in a good way.

Jay's verse may be his best since 2010/2011. It was really something to hear him get going. I haven't heard Jay sound that fierce in a long time. MCHG was a solid, good album, but it wasn't really Jay being Jay. He sounded very laid back (which he probably is, and damn well should be after a career like his). I'm not saying there's no place for that more understated, elder-statesmanlike voice in Jay's overall "thang," but I welcome the bare-knuckled sound of his "Drug Dealers Anonymous" verse.

Feeling good about King Push now. I hope it's nothing but highlights. Because frankly, both MNIMN and Darkness Before Dawn had their weaker moments. Since King Push has been a long-term project, I hope he gives us nothing but gold on this one. Nothing against the other two... They're two of my favorite rap records of the decade, but I think he can do better.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2016, 09:13 PM   #2123
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I no longer subscribe to Tidal.

me too. did you have problems with them taking money out without reminded you or waited until you made a payment? I think they are thieves. I would notice cash taking out of my debit card like a ghost. so I cancelled. also my pc made a funny noise late at night. think it was them stealing my money. haven't had any problems since.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2016, 09:18 PM   #2124
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Can't say it enough though ... albums from Kanye, Kendrick, Chance AND Pusha all in the same year? It's insanity. I can't imagine it getting much better than this. Only a surprise release of Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, or a new Mos Def (I won't hold my breath), or a second 'Ye album that was as good as the first, or something crazy like that could make this year any more of a hip-hop dream come true for me.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:23 PM   #2125
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
a second Ye could cause me to become a responsible being.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:27 PM   #2126
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
me too. did you have problems with them taking money out without reminded you or waited until you made a payment? I think they are thieves. I would notice cash taking out of my debit card like a ghost. so I cancelled. also my pc made a funny noise late at night. think it was them stealing my money.

Actually, of all the services, I feel like TIDAL has been the most professional, and the most concerned about me getting what I paid for.

I mean, the fact that they extended their free trial for an additional month just because Ye made a few changes to TLOP was unnecessarily cool of them. And they did that TWICE.

And you know, neither Spotify not Apple Music send me reminders that I'm going to have a payment due. They just take the monthly payment amount from my bank account every month, and they don't say a word about it. So don't blame TIDAL for that. The worst offender for that shit is Amazon Prime. That service is, like, $100 a year and doesn't buy you much of anything to begin with, but once your free trial is up, or once the year rolls over, they just charge you $100 without so much as a friendly reminder.

That's fucked up.

Tidal was fine. I just already subscribe to Apple Music and Spotify, and I don't need the service. If they step up their fan, I'd be willing to replace my Spotify premium with a Tidal account. But for now, it's just excessive. Especially since I almost always buy the albums I want.

Actually I ALWAYS buy the albums. I never rely solely on any streaming service for access to music. I just keep Apple and Spot going because they send me alerts about new releases, and occasionally recommend something that I hadn't heard before. VERY occasionally. Rarely. Can't remember the last time it happened.

Ugh. It's kind of gross that I spend money every single month on what amounts to emails about new releases, most of which I'm already aware of.

First world problems.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:28 PM   #2127
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
a second Ye could cause me to become a responsible being.

That sounds scary bro.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:35 PM   #2128
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
That sounds scary bro.

why? cause im a scary unreliable person? I do have my shit together believe it or not.... before 9:00.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:37 PM   #2129
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Actually, of all the services, I feel like TIDAL has been the most professional, and the most concerned about me getting what I paid for.

I mean, the fact that they extended their free trial for an additional month just because Ye made a few changes to TLOP was unnecessarily cool of them. And they did that TWICE.

And you know, neither Spotify not Apple Music send me reminders that I'm going to have a payment due. They just take the monthly payment amount from my bank account every month, and they don't say a word about it. So don't blame TIDAL for that. The worst offender for that shit is Amazon Prime. That service is, like, $100 a year and doesn't buy you much of anything to begin with, but once your free trial is up, or once the year rolls over, they just charge you $100 without so much as a friendly reminder.

That's fucked up.

Tidal was fine. I just already subscribe to Apple Music and Spotify, and I don't need the service. If they step up their fan, I'd be willing to replace my Spotify premium with a Tidal account. But for now, it's just excessive. Especially since I almost always buy the albums I want.

Actually I ALWAYS buy the albums. I never rely solely on any streaming service for access to music. I just keep Apple and Spot going because they send me alerts about new releases, and occasionally recommend something that I hadn't heard before. VERY occasionally. Rarely. Can't remember the last time it happened.

Ugh. It's kind of gross that I spend money every single month on what amounts to emails about new releases, most of which I'm already aware of.

First world problems.

gotcha. not a big fan of either of them. I've never forgot about buying cd's. still do.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:47 PM   #2130
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
in fairness, if you buy physical items from Amazon often, the free 2-day shipping more than pays for itself in a year. To me the access to streaming media they throw in is just a perk.
Old 06.01.2016, 09:58 PM   #2131
pepper_green
Banned

I have that. so that more than pays for the hassle considering how cheap used cd's are now. that's not a bargain, that's a fucking steal. never got to thinking budget and all buying from amazon but I have prove now that I think about it.

I never really wanted to subscribe to nothing. just another payment like a phone.
Old 06.01.2016, 11:15 PM   #2132
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
why? cause im a scary unreliable person? I do have my shit together believe it or not.... before 9:00.

Just bustin' chops my friend.

Honestly I'm not sure I want Ye to drop another album so soon. Not unless it's something he has all planned out, something meticulous and toiled over. I would NOT want to see him releasing a new internet album/mixtape every 6 months like he's taking a shit. For Young Thug and whoever else, that's fine, but I'm for quality over quantity with Ye. All day long.
Old 06.01.2016, 11:18 PM   #2133
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
in fairness, if you buy physical items from Amazon often, the free 2-day shipping more than pays for itself in a year. To me the access to streaming media they throw in is just a perk.
My sister loves it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2016, 11:20 PM   #2134
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I have that. so that more than pays for the hassle considering how cheap used cd's are now. that's not a bargain, that's a fucking steal. never got to thinking budget and all buying from amazon but I have prove now that I think about it.

I never really wanted to subscribe to nothing. just another payment like a phone.

Most used cd's aren't eligible for prime shipping. Not last time I had it anyway. Last time I had it, it gave me access to a slightly better movie collection than a non-prime user, but that collection was still much worse than Netflix. I don't order books much anymore (I'm sorry to say) because of the kindles and iPads and my own inpatience. But I do order cd's... sometimes I go nuts on used ones... But those ridiculously cheap items are not sold through Amazon, but through third part retailers, and that means (meant?) they weren't eligible for prime.

Oh, I also got to watch sub par Amazon programming, like that Man in the High Castle series that was only loosely based on the book (ok I didn't watch all of it, but that's how it seemed.)
Old 06.02.2016, 12:12 PM   #2135
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
So YG changed the title to "Still Brazy".. and this is the cover art:

Why is that parental advisory sticker so huge and misplaced?
Old 06.02.2016, 12:47 PM   #2136
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I always wondered why he didn't call the last one My Brazy Life, since he had the theme going w/ "Bicken Back Bein Bool."
Old 06.02.2016, 12:51 PM   #2137
noisereductions
invito al cielo

re: Amazon - I use Prime all the time. Like, all the time. I check the gold box deals and various sales. I'm always finding cheap CD's, DVD's, books, video games, electronics, PC parts, etc and the shiz gets here in two days. Sometimes it's here TOMORROW. I've never really used the streaming music, though they give you free (instant) mp3 access to most new CD's you buy so you can listen to them while you wait for the CD to arrive. It's stored in some kind of personal cloud. I've used the video streaming app on my Roku as it does have some stuff that Netflix doesn't (like Curb Your Enthusiasm for instance). On the Kindle side, there's some Prime perks as well. Seriously, we got Prime "by accident" because the free trial expired. That was like 4 or 5 years ago. And we've renewed it every year since. Love it.
Old 06.02.2016, 02:34 PM   #2138
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
So YG changed the title to "Still Brazy".. and this is the cover art:

Why is that parental advisory sticker so huge and misplaced?

Good question. It doesn't even look like a sticker. It looks like one of those printed on the cover PAEL "logos"... Which is worse. If it was a sticker we could forgive it being slapped on a weird place. The fact that it's printed means it's essentially part of the album cover design. Which means someone really sucks at their job.

Better question: why the fuck is it called "Still Brazy"? What does that mean? it can't be a Barter 6 copyright issue, can it? Why follow up an iconic title like My Krazy Life with "Still Brazy"? It's like he was forced to change it, and wants everyone to know that it was originally something (kind of) clever and thematically linked to the first one.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just come up with a different title altogether?

This... This I do not get.

Strangely, this has actually made me less interested in the album.
Old 06.02.2016, 02:56 PM   #2139
Severian
invito al cielo

Well, I'm glad you've had a good experience with it. I'm not trying to start beef.

Apart from my personal issues with Amazon, I also have some biases about the company. When I was doing accounting, my company did some auditing for them and I headed up the account for a time. It was terrible. They're the world's biggest middle man, and they push as much work as they can off on third party AR and customer service "teams." There's an absurd turnover rate for these floating, poorly defined positions that are largely used as scapegoats for bookkeeping or clerical errors.

Also, I happen to hail from a certain region that has been absolutely polluted by their ever-growing swarm of yuppy ass "talent." They exemplify what's wrong with the US economy. They're not even remotely successful in most of their ventures, and they don't contribute anything to the world of software, hardware or app development to offset the shady business practices and gentrification.

So yeah. Maybe I'm biased.
Old 06.02.2016, 03:14 PM   #2140
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Strangely, this has actually made me less interested in the album.
Same. The new single was pretty bad too. It had a generic, outdated DJ Mustard type beat (like.. seriously?) and a shitty Drake feature, all of which just made me think it was a poor attempt to rehash "Who Do You Love?" so YG can get some radio play.
5797104105106 107 108109110117157 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth