Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Captain America: CIVIL WAR?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.20.2016, 06:10 PM   #21
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
awesome. Under the skin made me and my wife sit and think and weird out. it was very good.

Yeah I liked it. I look forward to seeing more from that director.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2016, 09:09 PM   #22
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Saw this last night.

The entire tone of the first half of the movie was SO similar to Dawn of Justice that I can't believe this film has a 91% RT score, while the movie that inspired it (more even than the goddamn Civil War comics) is somewhere around a %12.

That said, it was a good movie. It was fun. It was... SO much like BvSoJ... but I liked it anyway.

Some missed opportunities with Spider-Man, if you ask me. And Black Panther was basically just a huge annoyance throughout the entire movie, until the very end. His costume was baller though. Looking forward to a BP movie now.

It failed to tell a complete story, though. Trilogies use to do that. The Dark a Knight trilogy did that. I think the Captain America films are the highest quality MCU mini-franchises yet. They're better than the Iron Man films, better than the Avengers films, better than everything except for Guardians. BUT... Because all these characters are going to be back for Avengers: Infinity War, there's a kind of futility in trying to tell stories of the individual characters. Had this film ended the way it *should* have ended, we'd have a really stellar story of Captain America. One that works as one massive arc, on the level of Star Wars, Dark Knight and... well... those two.

As things stand, it's frustrating that they've un-resolved Tony Stark's story, meaning yippee there's gonna be an Iron Man Fucking 4.

I mean... WHEN DOES IT END?

Still, good movie. Great action. I think it may have actually been more violent than BvS, but hey, there was joking so that's all fine, right?
Old 05.09.2016, 09:11 PM   #23
Severian
invito al cielo

P.s. I have been whole heartedly against the idea of a Doctor Strange movie since the idea was announced. Moreover, I hate Doctor Strange and he's awful.

BUT... The preview got me kind of pumped. It appears to be aping the living shit out of Inception and Interstellar (and, probably, The Presige... And obviously the Dark Knight trilogy) but it looks downright goddamn epic, and now I want to see it.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth