Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Kim Fowley RIP
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.15.2015, 09:55 PM   #1
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...at-75-20150115
Old 01.16.2015, 03:44 AM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Sad. He was AMAZING. R.I.P.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2015, 05:34 AM   #3
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Loved him. RIP
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2015, 09:17 AM   #4
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Not really know much about him, but he produced Wigwam´s second album. So R.I.P to me also.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2015, 02:05 PM   #5
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I've been on a Runaways kick as of late and I've only recently checked out the contribution of Kim Fowler. Strange man - but an important one. RIP...
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2015, 05:27 AM   #6
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
put on a clip from utube - he's calling it 'reality' if you want to find it.
dunno if i have the strength to watch whole of it. surely one of the bravest things i ve -almost- seen a man doing.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2015, 02:59 PM   #7
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I always have a problem with people describing that kind of thing as brave. I know it wasn't your intention but it implies that people who don't want to go public with the details of their illness are somehow less brave than those who do, when they may simply want the dignity of privacy. Kim Fowley was a great showman and he went out like one. I love him for that but it doesn't make him brave so much as true to his nature.
Old 01.21.2015, 04:23 PM   #8
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
no, i dont imply that people who dont go public about their illness arent brave.
one thing doesnt mean the other.
and i know how one can be private about these situations, for one reason i am like that. also i have high empathy, so explaining why one wants to do other or the other thing while being sick and/or having lost a beloved one, is unnecessary.

i have little knowledge on Kim Fowley and frankly some vibes of him probably arent of my taste.
i watched only a couple of mins of it
and i thought of bravery, because people and our society has still taboos about certain diseases- cancer was not long ago still a taboo- and getting old and ugly. so getting it out there is like a reminder to the rest of us, not only about the disease and life etc but also about how lonely it can get and that we shouldnt turn out backs to old and/or sick people*.

* edit - unless they want to be left alone.
i have experiences on both cases and on the extreme sides; one wanted to be left alone, only with the company of his wife and the other family want all the people they can have around them and in all times.

and another edit, coz it seems i get hypersensitive with these stuff and probably took it too personally. i know what you meant, i might have felt it before myself, but i think that in these situations, saying one thing, doesnt imply the other. all kinds of different behaviors/reactions to serious illness/loss of beloved person, seem natural to me.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2015, 05:56 PM   #9
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I only heard this for the first time last year because a friend put it on a mixtape for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBvr_9I143U
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2015, 01:51 AM   #10
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
no, i dont imply that people who dont go public about their illness arent brave.
one thing doesnt mean the other.
and i know how one can be private about these situations, for one reason i am like that. also i have high empathy, so explaining why one wants to do other or the other thing while being sick and/or having lost a beloved one, is unnecessary.

i have little knowledge on Kim Fowley and frankly some vibes of him probably arent of my taste.
i watched only a couple of mins of it
and i thought of bravery, because people and our society has still taboos about certain diseases- cancer was not long ago still a taboo- and getting old and ugly. so getting it out there is like a reminder to the rest of us, not only about the disease and life etc but also about how lonely it can get and that we shouldnt turn out backs to old and/or sick people*.

* edit - unless they want to be left alone.
i have experiences on both cases and on the extreme sides; one wanted to be left alone, only with the company of his wife and the other family want all the people they can have around them and in all times.

and another edit, coz it seems i get hypersensitive with these stuff and probably took it too personally. i know what you meant, i might have felt it before myself, but i think that in these situations, saying one thing, doesnt imply the other. all kinds of different behaviors/reactions to serious illness/loss of beloved person, seem natural to me.

Sorry. My post sounded like I was having a go at you when I definitely wasn't. And you're obviously right: saying one person is brave for doing something doesn't automatically imply that someone in a similar situation who doesn't, isn't.
Old 01.22.2015, 02:08 AM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some +++ Memory Eternal +++ around before giving it to demonrail666 again

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth