Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I think it's late enough to declare that DOOM's 'That's That' = Best track of year
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.14.2009, 05:44 PM   #21
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
He wanted to make an album that his wife wanted to hear. That's cool.

lol. really? is it his wife's voice doing the moaning in stapleton sex?

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2009, 08:52 PM   #22
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
haha, I don't know. I'm just sort of guessing. I mean he said he wanted to make an LP of "love songs." And he mentioned that he's getting older and he can't make coke rap forever since (and I paraphrase) 'he hasn't shot anyone in years.' So it just seems like maybe in his own weird way, this was his record for his lady.
Old 12.14.2009, 11:03 PM   #23
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
she must be a freak nasty bitch then

Old 12.15.2009, 08:06 AM   #24
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Toney for mayor.

ps, a quick wiki search says I'm right. Feb 2010 is the planned release of the Ghost/Rae/Meth album that's been rumored since 2007. Also in 2010 is a Ghost solo album planned called CUSTOMER LOVE. And there's even mention of a solo LP he has planned for 2011. So yeah. He doesn't stand still too long.
Old 12.16.2009, 01:43 AM   #25
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, as an addendum, I would say that Shine Blockas is my runner up for track of the year probably. It's a hip-hop year for me, that's for sure.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.17.2009, 09:19 PM   #26
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I've had lots of people say that (and they're both amazing songs), but That''s that has for some reason always been the one that just KILLS me. One of my favourite ever beats.

the beat is the only part of the song i don't like. dont' get me wrong i like teh beat, but like a few other songs on born like this, it reuses alot of old beats.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 03:00 AM   #27
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh, as an addendum, I would say that Shine Blockas is my runner up for track of the year probably. It's a hip-hop year for me, that's for sure.

shine blockas is great, but isn't it not even released yet? [legally/technically]

Old 12.18.2009, 03:48 AM   #28
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by o'connor
the beat is the only part of the song i don't like. dont' get me wrong i like teh beat, but like a few other songs on born like this, it reuses alot of old beats.

Well it's one of my favourite beats ever, no question, and I didn't know it prior to Born being released, so there's the difference I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
shine blockas is great, but isn't it not even released yet? [legally/technically]

Aggravatingly, no. Along with all the other tracks from the Big Boi solo album that have leaked this year and been awesome. They really need to get on releasing that shit. I heard Feb 2010 maybe? It's becoming like the new OB4CL2!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2009, 08:07 AM   #29
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well it's one of my favourite beats ever, no question, and I didn't know it prior to Born being released, so there's the difference I guess...

that is one thing about BLT... a handful of the beats were released as HERBS literally YEARS before. The intro/outro beat, "Still Dope," etc.
Old 12.19.2009, 11:28 PM   #30
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
that is one thing about BLT... a handful of the beats were released as HERBS literally YEARS before. The intro/outro beat, "Still Dope," etc.

yup. i don't like it when he reuses beats. and some of those things need to stay instrumental beats. i like alot of em better that way. that was th eonly thing in general i didn't like about born, it had some old beats and reused 2 other songs that were already released on other stuff before. cna't wait for that daddy fat sacks album!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 09:55 AM   #31
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I dont mind the using herbs as beats thing, except in this case. Normally he'd release an instrumental album, and then a vocal album would follow closely. In this case, some of these tracks I was used to as instrumentals for like 3 years. So then it felt a bit weird. But whatever. I love the album.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth