Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Is it just me or a lot of 'noise' being made is just infantile?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2007, 12:27 PM   #101
sarramkrop

Gosh, you DO take the internet seriously, don't you?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2007, 10:01 PM   #102
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Your computer has gone whiter because of your face being reflected on the screen. It's sunny and light outside, light= racist because it isn't darker, therefore the whole area where you live must be filled with racism. Racist now comes first, the cunt bit after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Whatever. You're only using words - which were invented by white people - to try and confuse me because all racists use words, and you're using words so you must be a racist. FACT. Racist.

you two stop flirting
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 08:33 AM   #103
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
it is a shame really how these potentially thought provoking threads get turned quite unnecassarily into tirades on the nature of how to argue properly. the only way to argue with someone effectively is to do it to their face is it not?

yeah, i know, it's been said before. But for fuck's sake i had something i wanted to reply to on here and now it's all by the by because we all had to start getting superior to one another . . . again . . .
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 08:38 AM   #104
sarramkrop

I've only started it so that Glice could publicly call me a racist, so stop the whinging.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 08:57 AM   #105
The Black Wizards
empty page

The Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's assesThe Black Wizards kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmhouse
it is a shame really how these potentially thought provoking threads get turned quite unnecassarily into tirades on the nature of how to argue properly. the only way to argue with someone effectively is to do it to their face is it not?

yeah, i know, it's been said before. But for fuck's sake i had something i wanted to reply to on here and now it's all by the by because we all had to start getting superior to one another . . . again . . .

say what you were going to say and let's get things back on track, or are you too chicken?
The Black Wizards is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 09:00 AM   #106
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I've only started it so that Glice could publicly call me a racist, so stop the whinging.

have you seen that todd solondz film where there's that scene with a black guy fucking a white chick and he's telling her to call him a nigger? that's what you two are like.
Old 04.22.2007, 09:04 AM   #107
sarramkrop

Ok. On a more serious note, whoever doesn't appreciate Sly Stone or Bobby Womack's music doesn't like music in general.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 09:13 AM   #108
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

really? i should check out bobby womack.
Old 04.22.2007, 09:23 AM   #109
LDopa
little trouble girl

LDopa ain't too shabby
I don't buy music to piss my parents off. But, they do get mildly offended by it sometimes. I don't go out of my way to freak them out, but sometimes they end up getting freaked out anyways.

That's just how it is.
LDopa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2007, 09:49 AM   #110
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Punk was heralded as being the music that saved the world from the likes of Genesis and Yes by showing that you didn't have to be a virtuoso musician to make music, anyone could pick a guitar, learn a chord and start to play.

Noise has taken this one step further, and any fool can now use any means to make some sort of din and claim it's meant to sound like that because it's "noise music". The noise market may once have been interesting and creative, now it's filled with too many talentless idiots who think that because they're upsetting someone their musical expression must be valid. The genre needs to be driven back underground for its own good.

By the way, I'm not a fan of noise music.

okay then . . . i was gonna respond to this a while back and mention how i'm in the throes of producing noise music and have been for a while. I was gonna say how i do it purely for the immense enjoyment and satisfaction that i and fellow band members get out of it. and although it does piss people off that is not the reason i do it and likewise definately not a reason for me not to do it. often i find our drummer has to ask me to stop some din i'm in the depths of because he simply can't handle it. he presumes that i'm doing it to piss him off and i assure him that my music is an expression of feelings i have that sound like screams and wails and teethgrating paranoia . . . it's damn honest and i can't help it. sometimes i think i'm mental but i have the safety of numbers around me for reassurance that what i'm doing is right. i guess it's just a more intense form of expression and one might have had to have been through some intense experiences to identify with it . . . errrr . . so there's something to get the ball rolling . . . anyone else actually producing 'noise'?
. .. . .
Old 04.22.2007, 10:02 AM   #111
farmhouse
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Wizards
say what you were going to say and let's get things back on track, or are you too chicken?

. . .. nobody . . calls me chicken.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth