Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page So I got Ryan to lay down some shit
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.10.2010, 11:36 AM   #61
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
'Fraid not.

His name is alive, yes.
The 'wink wink' portion of the sentence slightly nullifies the preceding words don't you think?
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 11:57 AM   #62
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
The 'wink wink' portion of the sentence slightly nullifies the preceding words don't you think?

I will hunt you. I will dog your life. I will find you when you sleep. I will carve holes in your body and eat your liver. You will rest no more. This is not a hollow threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 12:03 PM   #63
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Gotta love Glice.
Old 09.10.2010, 12:04 PM   #64
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
big glice an mini glice

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 12:53 PM   #65
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Shit. I want Ryan's GnR tee shirt!
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.10.2010, 03:16 PM   #66
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
You do not know how hard it was to find that. They sell them at Walmart but when u live in redneck cuntry that shit goes fast. We went to 3 different stores to find an xl.

Old 09.10.2010, 09:45 PM   #67
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Very nice guitar instrumental. I tried to get out as much air and back ground as possible. Bear with me Glice I'll get there.

"Stroll on the Tracks"
http://www.4shared.com/audio/hy50LAX...he_Tracks.html

Old 09.14.2010, 09:27 PM   #68
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Ok here is what we just laid down. Its a bit different than the others, Actually they all sound really different to me. Ryan is playing guitar in this one and I am doing the vocals. This is our first collabo that I initiated so I of course like it. I just brought Ryan a melody and some words and he worked out a guitar part. I hope yall enjoy. BTW it aint cuntry.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/mDHUVqD..._Friend_2.html

Old 09.15.2010, 12:03 AM   #69
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
thanks for listening to it!!! I agree i need some production help I cant figure out how to get the air sound out.

ADAM come help me!!!!

I can share some pointers..... but can you explain your recording set-up (like what mic, plugged into what, in room you are recording in, etc.)

I think there's hope because in some of your recordings, the noise is at a minimal.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2010, 05:53 AM   #70
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

I have sony Sound Forge Audio Studio, a nice mic (apex 440) and a 9 x 9 room. that's it! I am still learning the capabilities of the program as far as editing, but I am hesitant to over edit, because once I get this right we are going to give out demos locally so possibly we can book some shows. I want us to soundlike we really do, but in a clean recording. THANKS!!!!!

Old 09.16.2010, 05:29 AM   #71
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have sony Sound Forge Audio Studio, a nice mic (apex 440) and a 9 x 9 room. that's it! I am still learning the capabilities of the program as far as editing, but I am hesitant to over edit, because once I get this right we are going to give out demos locally so possibly we can book some shows. I want us to soundlike we really do, but in a clean recording. THANKS!!!!!

The recordings are coming out w/ very low output. Low signal, but high noise. There is a lot of issues with the tracking specs and set-ups. 1'st, if your software allows for multitracking... like recording mutilple tracks at separate times, that would be priority #1. Not because it's impossible to capture a balanced and quality signal with one mic/ one track to include both guitar and vocal, but because your room is seemingly too noisy, the mic placement isn't near sweet spots and the input is too loud / opened up, or both.

The concept would be to record the guitar track - mic focused on guitar, then vocal on a dubbed track. You'd need to get the mic closer to the source though and cut out any room noise. Somewhere in here I was talking about recording in a closet.... check into that. It feels retarded, but based on the noise levels in your room,

I started to ask about the mic vs. input to the computer, but see it's a USB mic. I'm not to familiar with the limits of this. Just make sure you know all the functions of the mic, like not having the -10db switch on when it's not needed... the bass roll-off, etc.

I was thinking you are using a condenser mic, which requires phantom power, and wasn't getting the +48v power it needed. That's almost what it sounds like. Now, I don't know. That mic has it's own analog to digital conversion going on right within it!

Then there's the possibility you have the mix too low in the audio app. You might need to push the master fader up more to get the signal closer to 0. I can't really figure where the noise is coming from, but if you try and get the mic closer to the source when recording, thus lowering the input level / gain when recording, you might eliminate the noise and boost the signal. Don't be reluctant to get the mic like 6" off the hole on guitar and 6" away with the vocals. Getting closer to the mic will go a long way for starters.

The songs are great. Shouldn't have trouble getting gigs, but honestly the recordings should be better if you're going to put them in peoples hands to get gigs. I can't really see any reason your recordings couldn't sound 10x's better. It might require a cheap preamp upgrade and maybe even an XLR cable upgrade.... just cheap things but could be a weak spot in the signal. Sorry though, I'm not familiar with the software you're using or the mic.

Some of the tracks aren't very noisy and sound really good, like stroll on the tracks and today. Stroll on the tracks almost sounds like it was recorded in a closet compared to others. I don't hear as much "room" in it. I think in some cases, the output gain (master gain) is just a little low. I can pull them up in ProTools and see what happens when I push the gain.... maybe even apply a couple pro-mastering apps to them like a compressor and limiter. Might sound good. When I get back on the ProTools system, will do.

Old 09.16.2010, 07:06 AM   #72
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

U r awesome! I cannot thank you enough

Old 09.17.2010, 03:57 AM   #73
FreshChops
100%

this set-up would be an upgrade to your current set-up:
http://www.woot.com/

It's woot... it's one day only and that's only if it doesn't sell out. If it looks good to you, don't sleep on it

M-Audio Recording Studio Equipment

$59.99
  • + $5 shipping
Condition:
Refurbished
Product:
1 M-Audio Recording Studio Equipment Model:M- Audio Pro Tools Keystudio,
M-Audio Pro Tools Vocal Studio,
M-Audio Pro Tools Recording Studio,
M-Audio AV30 Studiophile Speakers,
M-Audio Torq Mixlab

Old 09.21.2010, 06:12 AM   #74
Gwago
empty page

Gwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's assesGwago kicks all y'all's asses
Hello.
Just wanted to say I downloaded the first track you put up and enjoyed it thoroughly. Hope you guys keep up the good work!!!
Gwago is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2010, 06:43 PM   #75
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Our first Demo is done. Not as perfect as I hoped for, but it will serve it's purpose for now. We are now called Angel's Spit. Here's what we have worked out:

Where Did you Come From http://www.4shared.com/audio/PGbErrH...ROM_REMIX.html

BounceFuck
http://www.4shared.com/audio/0sqg-t7...ouncefuck.html

Walk With Me
http://www.4shared.com/audio/2nslbMS...final_mix.html

Ain't Good At Nothin
http://www.4shared.com/audio/C8SDKhr...nothin_-3.html

Stroll On The Tracks
http://www.4shared.com/audio/hsEhVLl...he_Tracks.html

Today (thanks FreshChops for fixing up the sound)
http://www.4shared.com/file/ZEBMJvdt/TODAY.html

Old 09.26.2010, 08:48 PM   #76
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
not working for me...
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2010, 07:11 AM   #77
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Cool! I've sampled your taste and that's not what we r shooting for. It should set well with our target audience.

Old 09.27.2010, 08:43 AM   #78
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Cool! I've sampled your taste and that's not what we r shooting for. It should set well with our target audience.

huh? I can't get the links to work!
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2010, 09:12 AM   #79
Derek
invito al cielo

As far as I know, there is a gothic Australian band called Angelspit. No need for you to worry though, they're insufferable shite.
Old 09.27.2010, 10:30 AM   #80
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

You r right the link is broke. Ill fix it when I get back from lunch. SORRY!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth