Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Friends that disappoint
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.06.2010, 12:47 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Not when his story changes from week to week. He loves music too much... I think he is just being a big, scared, sensitive, pussy.

Fuck it anyway... I'll just compose myself until I find musicians that have a backbone.

why don't you buy a gun and SHOOT HIM? ha!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 12:49 PM   #22
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
All of my friends when they got girlfriends initially they effectively stopped hanging out with us for a long time.

This happened with many of my friends here. I'd still see em at school, but during weekends many of them just opted to hang out with their significant others, and didn't seem to step their foot outside their apartments. This obviously lead me to believe that dating makes people boring, but then again, I'm the one loitering at the same shithole pubs, getting drunk with the help of overpriced beer weekend after weekend. And I have no alternative to that.
Who's the boring wanker after all?
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 01:06 PM   #23
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
how old are you?

I'm 32.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 01:08 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm..

There's gonna be some trouble
a whole house will need re-building
and everyone I love in the house
will recline on an analyst's couch quite soon
Your Father cracks a joke
and in the usual way
empties the room
Tell all of my friends
(I don't have too many
just some rain-coated lovers' brothers)
Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt
rush to danger
wind up nowhere
Patric Doonan-raised to wait
tired again-tried again, and
Now my heart is full
now my heart is full
and I just can't explain
So I won't even try to
Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt
Every jammy Stressford poet
Loafing oafs in all-night chemists
Loafing oafs in all-night chemists
underact-express depression
ah, but Bunnie I loved you
I was tired again
I tried again, and
Now my heart is full
Now my heart is full
and I just can't explain
so I won't even try to

...but then again

A bond of trust
Has been abused
Something of value
May be lost
Give up your job
Squander your cash - be rash
Just hold on to your friends
There are more than enough
To fight and oppose
Why waste good time
Fighting the people you like
Who will fall defending your name
Oh, don't feel so ashamed
To have friends
But now you only call me
When you're feeling depressed
When you feel happy I'm
So far from your mind
My patience is stretched
My loyalty vexed
Oh, you're losing all of your friends
Hold on to your friends
Hold on to your friends
Resist - or move on
Be mad, be rash
Smoke and explode
Sell all of your clothes
Just bear in mind :
Oh, there just might come a time
When you need some friends

er, but also..

The sanest days are mad
why don't you find out for yourself
then you'll see the price
very closely
some men here
they have a special interest
in your career
they wanna help you to grow
then syphon all your dough
then you'll see the glass
hidden in the grass
you'll never believe me, so
sick down to my heart
that's just the way it goes
some men here
they know the full extent of
your distress
they kneel and pray
and they say:
"long may it last"
then you'll see the glass
hidden in the grass
bad scenes come and go
for which you must allow
sick down to my heart
that's just the way it goes
Don't rake up my mistakes
I know exactly what they are
and...what do YOU do?
well...you just SIT THERE
I've been stabbed in the back
so many many times
I don't have any skin
but that's just the way it goes

That's how I feel, at various moments.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 01:19 PM   #25
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i can't have this "trying to please everyone weekly gathering" thing.

There is nothing I want more than the interaction between myself and a few other musicians.
Old 09.06.2010, 01:45 PM   #26
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Doesn't that happen to anyone? People wanna spend most of their free time around that person, at least for a while, it's only natural.

But regardless, I don't see a need to yoko this situation.

Sure, I absolutely see the logic in it, and I understand it. I'm not trying to Yoko-ize things. It's not about some 'bros before hoes' mentality or anything like that. But when you don't see your friend for a year and then he moves out of state and you don't know if you'll ever see him again. Well I know I felt a little bitter at the time. But we're cool now, he spends the night at my house sometimes twice a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlegmscope
This happened with many of my friends here. I'd still see em at school, but during weekends many of them just opted to hang out with their significant others, and didn't seem to step their foot outside their apartments. This obviously lead me to believe that dating makes people boring, but then again, I'm the one loitering at the same shithole pubs, getting drunk with the help of overpriced beer weekend after weekend. And I have no alternative to that.
Who's the boring wanker after all?

Haha, I hear you. You and me both.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 01:45 PM   #27
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
There is nothing I want more than the interaction between myself and a few other musicians.

That's one thing, having a band is something else. I can respect anyone who's in a band, I just can't do it anymore.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 02:09 PM   #28
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

so just jam with your friends and dont take it too seriously.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 02:10 PM   #29
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
so just jam with your friends and dont take it too seriously.

That is what we have been doing. Now he is too old for that since he got a new girlfriend. Straight up bullshit. What a waste of time.
Old 09.06.2010, 02:40 PM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
That is what we have been doing. Now he is too old for that since he got a new girlfriend. Straight up bullshit. What a waste of time.

you should have spread your legs for him, but no, you had to hold out, and now he left you
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 02:49 PM   #31
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you should have spread your legs for him, but no, you had to hold out, and now he left you

haha.
Old 09.06.2010, 04:02 PM   #32
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
I tend to think girls make guys a little too wonky like that. In youth anyway, I don't know about at 35. All of my friends when they got girlfriends initially they effectively stopped hanging out with us for a long time.

The biggest case was the other half of my band in our senior year of high school. We would practice three or four times a week. Then after he met his girlfriend (who he later married, which was sweet) he would spend every nanosecond of time with her. Get up early in the morning, take his shower and then speed to her house and spend 35 minutes with her before school began. Lots of little things like that. He effectively ended our band for half a year because of that. He wouldn't ever hang out with us anymore until the summer. And even then at first it would be a struggle to get him to hang out for a couple of hours.

That whole year he'd do things like that that pissed me off haha. But whatever, I don't really blame her. I just tend to think girls make us (my friends at least) dumber than we already are.

I have another friend who would always rather play World of Warcraft than hang out with us. He was in one of the upper class raiding guilds and would always be on this schedule. Let me see if I can remember it. On tuesday and wednesday he raided 7-11. On thursday and friday he did heroics. Saturday he hung out with his girlfriend, took a day off Sunday (haha) and on monday he did battlegrounds or something. And on the days we would manage to get him out of his house to have lunch with us or something, he'd be pretty glued to his clock making sure he didn't miss his deadline to go home and raid. That was a pretty depressing year.

He's since quit and we see him a little more now. He still won't leave his house very much.

you need to stop making friends with lame fags
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 05:29 PM   #33
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Some bands don't have that problem as the girlfriend is in the band! For example: Harriet Wheeler and David Gavurin from the Sundays; Robin Guthrie and Elizabeth Fraser from the Cocteau Twins; Siouxsie Sioux and Budgie from Siouxsie and the Banshees, and, of course, Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 07:46 PM   #34
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe you should be calling less attention to the girlfriend and more attention to the fact that someone you hang out with is lame enough and square enough to think that there is some kind of "age limit" to the validity of pursuing creative expression.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 10:33 PM   #35
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Is there anywhere online where you can hear what you guys played together? I could be great help to both you.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.06.2010, 11:29 PM   #36
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Is there anywhere online where you can hear what you guys played together? I could be great help to both you.

we were trying to get a full band going
Old 09.07.2010, 11:08 AM   #37
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
his story changes from week to week.

translation: yr a tyrant and he'd rather spend time with a girl than listen to your narcissistic lambastings.

I see no problem with his behavior.

although, he'd be less of a pussy if he just told you to fuck off. unless, of course, you supply the drugs.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2010, 11:38 AM   #38
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think, in fairness, it's a bit rich calling him a friend when you're being an utter cunt to him on the internet. I've had people leave bands. I had people kick me out of bands. I wouldn't say they were 'pussies', just... well, whatever. Maybe that's the politest way he can find to say your music's ballsaggingly dull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2010, 11:39 AM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Could you all pretend my sentiment wasn't similar to space's? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2010, 12:10 PM   #40
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
playing music is more fun with others included though....

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth