Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you like art? I like art. check out this exhibit coming to Houston!!!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.27.2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This is the real deal shit Ladies and gentlemen! Dates a plenty here for the enjoying! Get the ladies off on art damnit!

The Masterpieces of French Painting
from the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC, with quite possibly the greatest collection of art ever assembled on the planet. na

The exhibition begins February 4th and runs until May 6th. These are some of the ultimate masterpieces of french art

Here are some of the artists

Participating Artists:

Pierre Bonnard
Paul Cézanne
Edgar Degas
Vincent van Gogh
Édouard Manet
Henri Matisse
Claude Monet
Gustave Moreau
Pablo Picasso
Camille Pissarro
Pierre-Auguste Renoir
Georges Pierre Seurat

There are going to be some beautiful fucking paintings! The Met almost never loans out art but their galleries are undergoin a major renovation! The MFAHouston will be the only museum getting this exhibit. Hell yeah. this exhibit is being hyped and talked about and advertised all over the world man. very cool.

here is a quote

"This will be a virtual who´s who of 19th- and early 20th-century French art," said Peter C. Marzio, director of the MFAH. "The exhibition will be a spectacular opportunity for the public of this region to enjoy this unrivaled collection of French paintings. The key phrase here is high quality. It doesn´t get any better than this. It´s a stellar exhibition.

Among the most outstanding paintings are Manet´s Boating (1874)

Monet´s La Grenouill?re (1869)

and Bridge over a Pool of Water Lilies (1899)

, and Degas´s The Dancing Class (probably 1871).

Highlights from the Post-Impressionist period include C?zanne´s The Gulf of Marseilles Seen from L´Estaque (c. 1885), Paul Gauguin´s mystical Ia Orana Maria (Hail Mary) (1891)

and Vincent van Gogh´s expressive Cypresses (1889). Works by Pierre Bonnard and Edouard Vuillard represent the Nabis movement, and works by Henri Matisse, including Reclining Odalisque (1926)

and a selection of Pablo Picasso´s paintings on the cusp of Cubism round out the exhibition.
Old 01.27.2007, 04:26 PM   #2
foxforce5
bad moon rising

foxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's assesfoxforce5 kicks all y'all's asses
COMING COMING COMING February 4th to the Houston County Fairgrounds
"The Masterpieces of French Painting"
"
Ultimate Master-Master-Master-pieces"
Tickets on sale now!!

I like Gauguin best out of the lot.

I didn't think Texas liked France....
foxforce5 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2007, 01:08 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
That's a nice collection......how many paintings are they showing?

Have you been to the Met, Rob? It's pretty great.
Old 01.30.2007, 10:53 AM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
That's a nice collection......how many paintings are they showing?

Have you been to the Met, Rob? It's pretty great.

I have not been to NYC since iw as about 7 years old. I need to head back. About two or three years ago when the MOMA was remodeling, they sent an exhibition titled th HEROIC CNETURY to Houstojn and Berlin, and because of this the MET has seen fit to grace our city with these fantastic works. that is cool. ART! I LOVE ART!
Old 01.30.2007, 10:53 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
I would go if I was in Texas, looks like it will be a great exhibit. I will be flying through there in March, if I have a long delay you and your girlie should take me, ok Roberto?!

that would be excellent!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth