Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Get ready to be drafted
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.30.2007, 10:59 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and for the rich and connected to go work in civil service while the poor and un-powerful get sent to fight the rich white man's wars...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.393:

Universal National Service Act of 2007 (Introduced in House)

HR 393 IH
110th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 393
To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes.
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
January 10, 2007

Mr. RANGEL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Armed Services, and in addition to the Committee on Ways and Means, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned
A BILLTo require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the favorable treatment afforded combat pay under the earned income tax credit, and for other purposes.

(to read the whole thing go to the link above)
Old 01.30.2007, 11:25 AM   #2
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
this is for real

if this law is enacted then everyone from age 18-42 will be under the jurisdiction of MILITARY LAW not the US constitution or state laws.
Old 01.30.2007, 11:29 AM   #3
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
psst...they been talking bout that shit for YEARS now.

and quite honestly..if they wanna draft my ass then so be it, i can use the cash.

they cant make me pull a effin trigger.

talking about it and actually feeding through a bill in congress are two wholly different things.

emjoy Iraq and Iran and afghanistan my friend.
Old 01.30.2007, 11:31 AM   #4
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
so canada will have a population explosion then.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2007, 11:36 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

what scares me about the specific way they worded "in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security" is that it could mean anything, including civilian spies - in other words, anything that is in "furtherance of the national defense and homeland security" and it will override any existing laws against surveillance - this is just another way to get what Bush got so much slack for, listening to people on the phone, except this way, EVERYONE will be working for the government.
Old 01.30.2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I did my 2 year military service ages ago, but can I apply as a mercenary?
Oh... I see. Americans only...
To bad. They could really use someone like me.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2007, 11:48 AM   #7
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
you a cols blooded killer toko?

what nationality are you then?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth