Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page RIP Nipsey Hussle
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.10.2019, 11:34 AM   #41
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Hey everyone, I did see that this thread was reported and came to check it out. I don't otherwise read this section, but the previous post rings true with me - unfortunately, this place has always seemed like a total free-for-all. I probably would've ventured into the non-sonic forums more often had there been less trash from certain types of posters (some of whom are no longer with us).

However, everyone has different ideas of trash, so here's a potential solution: Click "Your Settings" at the top, then under "Miscellaneous" on the left you'll find "Buddy / Ignore Lists" where you can (I assume!) add the names of people whose posts you're sick and tired of seeing. I would encourage people to use this feature, if it works as advertised.

Would make sense if we didn't deal with someone really bad, like a literal racist. Those people need to be dealt with harshly so they won't attract more of their kind.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2019, 11:37 AM   #42
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I agree with Severian.

With Tesla, we have a member who not only openly drops racial slurs, but also goes out of their way to insult transgendered members of this community. To say, "Hey, there's nothing I can do, just 'ignore' them," is embarrassing, and another reason to consider abandoning this tumbleweed of a forum. Not even a warning or a slap on the wrist? Shame on you for condoning racism in 2019. I'd rather not be associated with this place whatsoever if this is how issues such as this will be resolved here. There's many other places where I'm able to whine about capitalism, my dating life, and familial situations.

Yeah, I've recently left another forum because it was full of racism, misgoyny, rape apology and so on, after the admin refused to deal with the problematic members. I don't want my IP address attached to anything of that sort.
Old 04.10.2019, 07:49 PM   #43
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I agree with Severian.

With Tesla, we have a member who not only openly drops racial slurs, but also goes out of their way to insult transgendered members of this community. To say, "Hey, there's nothing I can do, just 'ignore' them," is embarrassing, and another reason to consider abandoning this tumbleweed of a forum. Not even a warning or a slap on the wrist? Shame on you for condoning racism in 2019. I'd rather not be associated with this place whatsoever if this is how issues such as this will be resolved here. There's many other places where I'm able to whine about capitalism, my dating life, and familial situations.

Respect.

Chris Lawrence, what’s your call, sir?

Tell me to “ignore” and I might abandon this shithole too.

Lee and Thurston would ban the piss out of his transphobic, racist, spammy ass if they ever dropped in again, but why would they if this is what the forum has come to?

Let us know.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2019, 12:04 AM   #44
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
You're right, that was weak. I did much better here and in that case, I got off easy cuz the guy just ran away.

tesla69 has been banned for 3 months, with the instruction to cut the hate speech shit out if he chooses to return.

Sorry folks - we were all tagged as moderators purely to deal with the spam you hopefully never see, not to interfere with actual human discussion, vile as it may be (or at least, that's how I see it). But we made the no hate speech rule clear the last time this was an issue, so the action here should have been quicker.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2019, 07:18 AM   #45
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
You're right, that was weak. I did much better here and in that case, I got off easy cuz the guy just ran away.

tesla69 has been banned for 3 months, with the instruction to cut the hate speech shit out if he chooses to return.

Sorry folks - we were all tagged as moderators purely to deal with the spam you hopefully never see, not to interfere with actual human discussion, vile as it may be (or at least, that's how I see it). But we made the no hate speech rule clear the last time this was an issue, so the action here should have been quicker.

Thank you.

I understand your Wild West comment to a degree, but some things are just universally wrong.

I actually really love the fact that even if some people are assholes 100% of the time on SYG, encountering racism/transphobia/sexism is something that almost never happens.

I appreciate your listening to us an taking action.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2019, 12:35 AM   #46
The Gazpacho Gestapo
bad moon rising

The Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's assesThe Gazpacho Gestapo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I agree with Severian.

Good riddance you fucking crybaby
The Gazpacho Gestapo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.18.2019, 06:11 AM   #47
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazpacho Gestapo
Good riddance you fucking crybaby

Hush.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth