Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Second 9:30 Club Show Added
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2006, 04:06 PM   #1
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, they just added a second show at the 9:30 Club for the 15th. The first show is sold out. I'm sure a lot of us MD/DC/VA folks already have our tix and were planning on showing up around 8:30 or so, but the first show's doors will be open at 6:30 and I'm guessing SY will go on around 7:45 or 8 since the second show's doors are scheduled to open at 10. Here's their website 930.com if you want to check it out. Thanks to pantophobia for the PM heads up.
Old 05.20.2006, 07:48 PM   #2
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
thanks for letting us know. hmm, i got my ticket to the 1st show. i'm wondering if i should get tickets for the 2nd show. i don't think i'd want to pay to see the exact same setlist. but then again, they could change the setlist and throw in some other gems in the 2nd show. ahhh, i don't know what to do. suggestions?
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 08:18 PM   #3
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i don't think it would be exactly the same, will still be mostly rather ripped but maybe a few different songs

maxwell's last year was the same deal, with 5 different songs on the late show, but mostly Nurse songs
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 09:03 PM   #4
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I think they'll mix the setlist up other than the expected new stuff. As of right now I'm only going to the first show.....I have to figure something out to see the whole chibang!!! I saw them 2 nights in a row there in 2000, but seeing them do back to back sets sounds pretty wild.
Old 05.20.2006, 09:52 PM   #5
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Hey, they just added a second show at the 9:30 Club for the 15th. The first show is sold out. I'm sure a lot of us MD/DC/VA folks already have our tix and were planning on showing up around 8:30 or so, but the first show's doors will be open at 6:30 and I'm guessing SY will go on around 7:45 or 8 since the second show's doors are scheduled to open at 10. Here's their website 930.com if you want to check it out. Thanks to pantophobia for the PM heads up.

According to the website, "Sun-Thurs: doors 7:30p". Are you saying the first show (the original one) has been bumped to earlier? Just want to make sure...
Old 05.20.2006, 10:09 PM   #6
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
According to the website, "Sun-Thurs: doors 7:30p". Are you saying the first show (the original one) has been bumped to earlier? Just want to make sure...

yeah, 6:30 is the new door time for the early show, should be a hell of a night
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2006, 10:11 PM   #7
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
yeah, 6:30 is the new door time for the early show, should be a hell of a night

Just this second I noticed it's the same night. FUCK! I'd love to see both since I'll be in the city, but that prolly means another $25+tickets.com services right?
Old 05.20.2006, 10:48 PM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

It sure does.
Old 05.21.2006, 01:04 AM   #9
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah, I think they'll mix the setlist up other than the expected new stuff. As of right now I'm only going to the first show.....I have to figure something out to see the whole chibang!!! I saw them 2 nights in a row there in 2000, but seeing them do back to back sets sounds pretty wild.

just blaze it up in between shows and it'll be like new...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 04:53 PM   #10
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
im goin to the second one, since i didnt get the first ones in time, that was the biggest relief ive ever had. i was like shiiiiiittttt it sold out!! but then i saw there was another.

anyone think theyll be better or worse on the second show?
charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2006, 06:13 PM   #11
krastian
invito al cielo

Both shows will probably be good with surprises in both sets, but with my luck they'll bust out Washing Machine and Genetic the second show and I'll end up reading about how glorious it was on the internet
Old 05.22.2006, 08:40 PM   #12
Dan
bad moon rising

Dan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-festDan has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Both shows will probably be good with surprises in both sets, but with my luck they'll bust out Washing Machine and Genetic the second show and I'll end up reading about how glorious it was on the internet

Yeah, that's why I'm going to avoid stumbling upon the setlist from the second show. Either that or hide out in the bathroom for an hour after the first show.

But seriously, it would be awesome to feel the thrash freely for the first set and then be laid back in the balcony and tape the second set. I just don't think I can afford that though.
Dan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 09:15 PM   #13
createsounds
little trouble girl

createsounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-festcreatesounds has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
does any one think if i showed up to the early show with and tryed to trade a late show ticket for an earlyshow ticket to some other sonic crack head it would work ?
createsounds is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2006, 11:21 PM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

^I sure as hell would think so. Somebody always has an extra ticket from somebody that couldn't make it. I'd trade you in a heartbeat. You'd probably want to get there pretty early before the doors open though.
Old 05.22.2006, 11:57 PM   #15
Neongod
the destroyed room

What a courteous venue. They called me today to let me know about the time change. **warm&fuzzy**
Old 05.23.2006, 12:14 AM   #16
krastian
invito al cielo

You won't be feeling that way after the bar tab
Old 05.23.2006, 01:08 PM   #17
Neongod
the destroyed room

Ahhh...so they make sure I'm on time so I don't miss out on their "fantastic" (literally...not in the Disney sense) sales?
Old 05.23.2006, 03:25 PM   #18
krastian
invito al cielo

That's how they getcha.
Old 05.23.2006, 08:16 PM   #19
krastian
invito al cielo

Hey, I was just looking on the 930's forum and 2 people each have 2 tix for the early show. Get a password and then look under "ticket x-change" in the forum. You can also put up a request for a ticket on there as well. Later.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth