Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Belle and Sebastian
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.31.2007, 12:58 AM   #21
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I still love them when it comes down to it....the first three albums and the EP box rule.
Old 01.31.2007, 05:37 AM   #22
Thomas Moronic
bad moon rising

Thomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's assesThomas Moronic kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a fan. The Life Pursuit was one of my top 10 albums of 2006.

Thomas Moronic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 07:07 PM   #23
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Sexless?

This Is Just A Modern Rock Song

Emma tried to run away,
I followed her across the city,
She went out to the Easterhouse,
Because she liked the sound of it.

She didn't have a single penny,
She stuck a finger in the air,
She tried to flag down an aeroplane,
I suppose she needs a holiday.

I put my arm around her waist,
She put me on the ground with Judo,
She didn't recognise my face,
She wasn't even looking.

Laura's feeling just ideal,
Her horoscope was nearly perfect,
She's thinking of something to do,
Because she is The Birthday Girl.

She walked out to the edge of town,
She saw me lying in the park,
She took Emma by the hand,
They've got a lot in common.

I'll leave them to do what they want,
I'll leave them to do what they need to,
I'll go and play with words and pictures,
I'll admit I'm feeling strange.

[instrumental]

I'm not as sad as Doestoevsky,
I'm not as clever as Mark Twain,
I'll only buy a book for the way it looks,
And then I stick it on the shelf again.

Now I could tell you what I'm thinking,
But it never seems to do you good,
It's beyond me what a girl can see,
I'm only lucid when I'm writing songs.

This is just a modern rock song,
This is just a sorry lament,
We're four boys in corduroys,
We're not terrific but we're competent.

Stevie's full of good intentions,
Richards into rock 'n' roll,
Stuart's staying in and he thinks it's a sin,
That he has to leave the house at all.

[instrumental]

This is just a tender affair,
I count ";three, four"; and then we start to slow,
Because a song has got to stop somewhere.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 07:13 PM   #24
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
We went to their free outdoor concert in Glasgow a few years ago.
Shudder...
we left early..
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 07:16 PM   #25
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
What did you do after that?

Old 01.31.2007, 07:17 PM   #26
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Don't really recall. Few beers. Watched a little TV. Then snoozed.
Old 01.31.2007, 07:18 PM   #27
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
They have an innocent, childish charm to them. I think thats what I like the most.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 07:19 PM   #28
porkmarras
invito al cielo

There isn't much to do in Scotland apart from that.Is there?

Old 01.31.2007, 07:19 PM   #29
whorefrost
invito al cielo

It all seems contrived and annoying to me.. then again, most things do..
Old 01.31.2007, 07:21 PM   #30
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Try aspirin.It works.sometimes.It does.

(Can you read that with a Chris Morris voice)

No.

Fine.

Old 01.31.2007, 07:25 PM   #31
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I like some of their stuff...but man, all these (well, 2) people liking Legal Man. That's their shittest song.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2007, 07:30 PM   #32
whorefrost
invito al cielo

Actually, one of their songs is almost tolerable. It has the lyrics "when I was a boy I was confounded by you" and "every song I ever wrote was written for you"
yeah, that song's sort of palatable... used to get played a lot at the Egg, an indie art student club in Edinburgh which I have fond memories of..
Old 01.31.2007, 07:31 PM   #33
porkmarras
invito al cielo

What are we gonna do Iain?Eh?What are we gonna do about it?

Old 01.31.2007, 07:53 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Sexless?

This Is Just A Modern Rock Song

Emma tried to run away,
I followed her across the city,
She went out to the Easterhouse,
Because she liked the sound of it.

She didn't have a single penny,
She stuck a finger in the air,
She tried to flag down an aeroplane,
I suppose she needs a holiday.

I put my arm around her waist,
She put me on the ground with Judo,
She didn't recognise my face,
She wasn't even looking.

Laura's feeling just ideal,
Her horoscope was nearly perfect,
She's thinking of something to do,
Because she is The Birthday Girl.

She walked out to the edge of town,
She saw me lying in the park,
She took Emma by the hand,
They've got a lot in common.

I'll leave them to do what they want,
I'll leave them to do what they need to,
I'll go and play with words and pictures,
I'll admit I'm feeling strange.

[instrumental]

I'm not as sad as Doestoevsky,
I'm not as clever as Mark Twain,
I'll only buy a book for the way it looks,
And then I stick it on the shelf again.

Now I could tell you what I'm thinking,
But it never seems to do you good,
It's beyond me what a girl can see,
I'm only lucid when I'm writing songs.

This is just a sorry lament,
We're four boys in corduroys,
We're not terrific but we're competent.

Stevie's full of good intentions,
Richards into rock 'n' roll,
Stuart's staying in and he thinks it's a sin,
That he has to leave the house at all.

[instrumental]

This is just a tender affair,
I count ";three, four"; and then we start to slow,
Because a song has got to stop somewhere.

now porkie that's quite risqué, if i may not say obscene-- i cannot stop myself from having sexy thoughts--- oh no! i have been perverted... i must... seek relief!!

seriously: Sexless Overgrown Children.

BUT: i like their records! i own most of them. i like the records but i dislike them. as people. repellent creatures.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2007, 01:28 AM   #35
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
The boy done wrong again.......
Old 02.01.2007, 07:56 AM   #36
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
What are we gonna do Iain?Eh?What are we gonna do about it?

Dunno...leave them to their horribly inaccurate opinions. Actually, they did another song which was chirpy and really annoying...the one where the video was in an office and looked a bit 70's ish. I think that was worse than Legal Man actually.
Old 02.01.2007, 11:59 AM   #37
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Dunno...leave them to their horribly inaccurate opinions. Actually, they did another song which was chirpy and really annoying...the one where the video was in an office and looked a bit 70's ish. I think that was worse than Legal Man actually.

step in to my office baby? where i think the video (and maybe the lyrics too) was all about having sex at work or something?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2007, 12:06 PM   #38
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
I love belle & sebastian. They are fantastic.
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2007, 07:02 PM   #39
hotbutterknives
bad moon rising

hotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonBox
I love belle & sebastian. They are fantastic.

especially live , i saw them last year and they were fucking righteous

they were so good in fact that i actually danced, i danced!!! i still cant believe they made me do that, i never dance , ever!
hotbutterknives is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2007, 07:07 PM   #40
Iain
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
step in to my office baby? where i think the video (and maybe the lyrics too) was all about having sex at work or something?

Yep, that's the one. I think that's their worst song in retrospect.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth