Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Last Gig You Went To And What Was It Like Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.29.2016, 02:51 AM   #181
halgreen
stalker

halgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asseshalgreen kicks all y'all's asses
Saw Skullflower tonight w/ black leather Jesus and some other acts I New Orleans. Pretty fucking awesome. It was MB and Samantha Davies. Incense filled the room. Bower started on vocals with Davies on guitar before she switched to the violin and he picked up the guitar. Really never thought I'd see them play but now I have.
halgreen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.29.2016, 05:25 PM   #182
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
black leather Jesus

Very Cool......does anyone know of any "active" websites or online activity to help keep up with BLJ?

Last night, the wife and I took our daughter to see Eric Hutchinson and Rachel Platten at Warehouse Live in Houston.

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2016, 03:45 PM   #183
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Acid Mothers Temple at Rudyard's in Houston last night. Rudyard's is a British Pub and it was my first time seeing a show there. I arrived early enough and ordered a rib-eye sandwich for dinner and it didn't disappoint.

La Novia
The Wizard (Sabbath cover)
Pink Lady Lemonade
OM Riff
Speed Guru

Old 04.13.2016, 04:03 PM   #184
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Is that Tabata in the green wig?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.13.2016, 05:55 PM   #185
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Is that Tabata in the green wig?

YES it is! It's my understanding he has been donning a dress and green wig for most of the shows this tour. During their cover of, The Wizard, he mostly danced around the stage or pranced about on one of the floor monitors. Every so often he would hike up his dress, he appeared to be wearing some sort of g-string

Last night, I met and visited with AMT's newest bassist, S/T. He became AMT's newest member one month ago today, playing the Nrmal Festival in Mexico City. I first became aware of S/T as a member of, Green Milk From The Planet Orange.

There was a good deal of GMFTPO albums at the merchandise table.
AMT has a 3D tour poster that comes with 3D glasses for this tour.

Old 05.16.2016, 10:16 AM   #186
Bytor Peltor
Banned

I saw The Cure this weekend in Houston. They played 34 songs in just over three hours and had four encores.

01. Open
02. High
03. A Night Like This
04. Lovesong
05. Pictures Of You
06. Lullaby
07. A Strange Day
08. Push
09. In Between Days
10. Just Like Heaven
11. The Last Day Of Summer
12. At Night
13. M
14. Play For Today
15. Want
16. Shake Dog Shake (sounded amazing, probably my favorite song of set)
17. The Hungry Ghost
18. From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
19. One Hundred Years
20. End

Encore One
21. Burn
22. It Can Never Be The Same (new song)

Encore Two
23. Step Into The Light (new song)
24. Fascination Street
25. Never Enough
26. Wrong Number

Encore Three
27. The Lovecats
28. Close To Me
29. The Caterpillar
30. The Walk
31. Let's Go To Bed
32. Why Can't I Be You?

Encore Four
33. A Forest
34. Boys Don't Cry

Afterwards, my wife and I met some friends at Numbers (legendary Houston night club) for The Cure after party......

Old 05.16.2016, 01:25 PM   #187
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Was at the opening night of the Grateful Dead 50 in Santa Clara.. wow. I mean, i was hesitant to go initially because i didn't think itd be anywhere near as good as it was. A rainbow broke out directly over the entire stadium on the closing song of the first set just as the sun was setting and the clowdy sky turned burned orange and red... they Phil take over and it was a psychedelic jam session.. when they played dark star fireworks went off and so did the crowd. Worth the drive up from LA..

I was worried it was just gonna be a nostalgia show but no.. they created something new
I didn't post about the Dead show for New Years eve with John Mayer? He actually nailed it, hands down the best NewYear's party of my entire life.. looking forward for the Dead show featuring Mayer in July here in LA

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2016, 03:02 AM   #188
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
This one and loved it http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...Ij4zvsEYyexX8-
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2016, 06:30 PM   #189
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
^ A cursory listened has been most interesting. Can't wait to dig in deeper tomorrow. Here and there I'm reminded of Nick Cave, with some great idiosyncratic twists thrown in. Yeah, gonna play the shit out of this.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2016, 12:09 PM   #190
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
^ A cursory listened has been most interesting. Can't wait to dig in deeper tomorrow. Here and there I'm reminded of Nick Cave, with some great idiosyncratic twists thrown in. Yeah, gonna play the shit out of this.
Hey! If you were reffering to the live playlist I posted, first of all I'm sooo glad you listened/liked it, try also to the "proper" album (with "full lineup") most of those songs are from, https://kleinkief.bandcamp.com/album/fukushima . That show was set up with a bit less "oomph" (no bass, stripped down drums, etc). I love that band. Started out in mid 90's with a couple nois-ish albums (somewhat "sy-esque", to some deegree) and then with every release were able to come up with something new/different in their stile, with more oniric/psychedelic/almost "prog" approach here and there. So, yeah, listen to everything. Ahahaha.
Old 05.18.2016, 12:22 PM   #191
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Started out in mid 90's with a couple nois-ish albums

I see. I wasn't sure what the opening 13 minute thing had to do with the rest of the show, although I liked it and it wasn't entirely out of place. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I saw The Cure this weekend in Houston. They played 34 songs in just over three hours and had four encores.

This is beautiful. They could phone it in at this point, but they obviously still give a fuck about their job and they still care about their fans. Honestly, this is very moving. Good guys DO exist.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2016, 09:38 PM   #192
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

This is beautiful. They could phone it in at this point, but they obviously still give a fuck about their job and they still care about their fans. Honestly, this is very moving. Good guys DO exist.

With ticket prices for "name" acts higher than the gross national product of many small countries, it is nice that The Cure's concerts are generous in length. I have to admit, except for the occasional song, they kind of lost me after the mid-80s. But if they come to my area or a reasonable distance from it, I wouldn't mind catching one of their concerts.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2016, 08:37 PM   #193
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:

Last weekend was my third time seeing them, but it had been 20 years since I last saw them. Best I can tell, it's been between 8-10 years since they last did a proper tour of North America.

The newest traveling member of the tour is former David Bowie guitarist, Reeves Gabrels. He and Simon compliment each other, it's worth seeing the show just for the guitar.

The Setlist Are Forever Changing and I do believe El Paso may have experienced the most diverse (35 songs) this tour.

01. Out Of This World
02. Watching Me Fall (first performance since 2007)
03. Pictures Of You
04. Closedown
05. High
06. Lovesong
07. Push
08. In Between Days
09. Just Like Heaven
10. Letter To Elise
11. The Snakepit (first performance since 2000)
12. Lullaby
13. Fascination Street
14. Want
15. Shake Dog Shake
16. 39 (first performance since 2004)
17. Bloodflowers

Encore One

18. Other Voices
19. The Drowning Man (first performance since 2011)
20. Charlotte Sometimes
21. Primary

Encore Two

22. If Only We Could Sleep
23. Catch
24. The Perfect Girl (first performance since 1990)
25. Why Can't I Be You

Encore Three

26. Hot Hot Hot!!!
27. I Don't Know What's Going On (first performance since 2004)
28. Let's Go To Bed
29. Close To Me

Encore Four

30. Step Into The Night
31. Never Enough
32. Burn
33. It Can Never Be The Same

Encore Five

34. A Forest
35. Boys Don't Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
With ticket prices for "name" acts higher than the gross national product of many small countries, it is nice that The Cure's concerts are generous in length. I have to admit, except for the occasional song, they kind of lost me after the mid-80s. But if they come to my area or a reasonable distance from it, I wouldn't mind catching one of their concerts.

I highly recommend it......you wouldn't be disappointed!
Old 05.21.2016, 08:33 AM   #194
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit

Quote:
^ A cursory listened has been most interesting.

I totally agree with evollove......thanks for sharing!
Old 05.21.2016, 09:09 AM   #195
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I went to see Bern NIx Quartet at Shapeshifter, they were listed at 7:00 and then some other group at 8:15. I got there at 7:20 and nothing was happening, other than a wall sized video of some authoriatrian black woman speaking in that incontrovertible voice about how everything is the fault of white privilege. At 8:30 the other band started to play, meaning Nix wouldn't be playing until 10 pm and I had to leave, as I had an early am wakeup, the only reason I went is they were advertised to play at 7:00. They shouldn't be called shapeshifter, they should be called time vampire. This is why I don't go to shows anymore, the whole alcohol based music culture is a series of time vampires, stealing my life.

I got the same thing happening in my burg, but I think it's cheap legal weed and complete non-professionalism that does it here. Show listed doors at 7, show at 8, like 9, 9:30 rolls around, "you want to go on?", "Oh, I don't know...". Funny thing, though, I show up late for one, the headliner played first and was halfway thru their set when I got there. (That was a one time deal so far, though.) I'm glad I don't work anymore, but even when I did, I hated that shit! I do get to see some good stuff by staying late, but some of the chronically chronomically challenged venues and artists I just don't go to at all..
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2016, 09:53 AM   #196
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Funny thing, though, I show up late for one, the headliner played first and was halfway thru their set when I got there. (That was a one time deal so far, though.) I'm glad I don't work anymore, .

Ha, that has happened to me too, it is very frustrating. The Stone is fairly reliable to start within 15 mins of the top of the hour, and Loren Conners always starts on time.

if I was a boozer, and beer wasn't $8, I might enjoy the wait time more.

I might try and see Phantom Orchard tonite at the Stone.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2016, 04:59 PM   #197
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69

I might try and see Phantom Orchard tonite at the Stone.

lucky duck!

I just got back from seeing Peter Brotzmann, Jason Adasiewicz,John Edwards and Steve Noble, great show, that Noble is one talented drummer.
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2016, 06:39 PM   #198
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Last week I went to this year's edition of Festival El Nicho. Saw Mats Gustafsson, Arashi, The Thing, John Hegre, Mike Cooper, Lori Goldston, and tons of other awesome acts. I'm still feeling uplifted about it (even though I'm now broke).

hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2016, 02:27 PM   #199
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor

This looks like a hell of a show...
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2016, 05:52 AM   #200
nicfit
invito al cielo

this one, loved it. (kaki king "the neck is a bridge to the body")

edit: actually that was two days ago, yesterday I went to see/listen to Ulan Bator + Fuzz Orchestra, Ulan Bator great as always, Fuzz Orchestra interesting but a bit boring in the long run.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth