Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page It's official - NNCK are the best band in the world.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.05.2008, 08:36 AM   #261
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
This band's pretty alright. When you consider it's mostly improvised, I don't think you're going to find many bands that are better doing free-form stuff; it actually sounds like they have direction!

I really like the one on John Fahey's label. "Qvaris" on the other hand didn't do anything for me. Any reccomendations behind those two?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 08:39 AM   #262
sarramkrop

Everything really good I've heard from them was on youtube clips and live recordings. On record they are mostly boring.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2008, 10:46 AM   #263
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
their album with embyo is fantastic. its much less psycodelic ramblings and more acoustic tribal jams. really great. much morelikemstermusicioans of bukake and SCG's than sunburned hand of the man (like they more similar to on other releases)

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2008, 07:06 AM   #264
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
I'm curious what you guys think of the new record (or CD, as it were).
I just got it in the mail today and have listened to it twice already. It's definitely the rockinest thing they've done, even touching on black metal at points. The sound quality is fantastic and their tendency to ramble aimlessly is (more or less) kept in check. Perhaps this will be the one that makes rock starts out of NNCK? Or at least wins over the skeptics?
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2008, 10:11 PM   #265
meudiademorte
empty page

meudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant futuremeudiademorte has a brilliant future
new record is amazing!
meudiademorte is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2008, 09:53 PM   #266
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
I note the new rec has a track entitled The Ministry of Voices. An Alasdair Gray reference, I hope...
Old 12.29.2008, 06:20 PM   #267
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
D. Charles Speer "In Madagascar" b/w "Barabbas Blues" (s@1 #104) new 7"

I was hoping to find this in williamsburg today but no luck.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2009, 05:35 AM   #268
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
There's a four page (plus two pages of pictures) feature on NNCK in the February edition of The Wire. It's not so exciting that I'd recommend buying the magazine solely for that article, but then I'm not a huge fan.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2009, 06:18 AM   #269
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Did anyone else hear about the fuss with the Dendoshi record? (Keith and Dave from NNCK plus Timo Van Luijk and Raymond Dijkstra) Apparently the nnck chaps went ahead and released it without the others permission much to their annoyance. See here:

http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/a.../dendoshi.html

Odd.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2009, 06:38 AM   #270
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses

That'd be Vermeer. Wonder if he got credit too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2009, 06:44 AM   #271
sarramkrop

I've really enjoyed listening to 'The Large Taquat' lately. It's quite the mindfucking record.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 04:01 AM   #272
sarramkrop

http://www.weirdorecords.com/cpComme...d_product=6112
'Bixobal #5 magazine'

magazine
new
Another fine ish from this little pacific northwest wonder. Rob Millis discusses an ebay auction of the Five Sharps on Jubilee. Dave Nuss from No Neck checks in with some members of the Father Yod cult. Long interview with various members of the supremely shrieking Tunnel Canary outta late 70s Vancouver. Plus, an overview of Hisham Mayet's Assophon label, Patrick Marley & some reviews & classifieds. 55 pages.

Bixobal Issue #5 Bixobal OTHER In Stock
$2.00
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 02:15 AM   #273
sarramkrop

They are playing in Leeds this Saturday. No London dates, apparently, until later on this year/early 2010.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 03:02 AM   #274
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
No-Neck Blues Band EU tour
supporting CLOMEIM (2xLP and CD, Locust Records)

April 19 Orthodox Easter concert, NYC,
Sakura Park, Riverside Dr. and 122nd st., 3pm
21.04. de münchen rationaltheater + embryo
22.04. at krems donaufestival + sonic youth
25.04. uk newcastle basement bar / collaboration with
surface area dance company

26.05 - 28.04. de scheer faust studio recordings
29.04. fr clermont ferrand + handclapping girls
30.04 - 01.05 fr marseille recordings for alga marghen
02.05. fr marseille grim
03.05. fr lyon ground zero
04.05. ch geneva cave 12
05.05. be brussels bozar cinema + screening of NNCK movie
+ discussion with director Adam Egypt Mortimer

06.05 fr paris instants chavires

much later....
June 11 NNCK at the Chelsea Art Museum 7:30pm

http://www.soundatone.com/

presumabley that's chelsea in new york?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 04:04 AM   #275
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
London is the new Middlesbrough, I notice.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 07:06 AM   #276
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them yesterday the first time, it was very good.
I have to state, that I enjoy those songs live I also like on LP und vice versa. (I think I read here months ago, when I stumbled upon this thread before, you don't need their records, seeing them live is sufficient.)
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2009, 07:18 AM   #277
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Unless you live in a backwater place like London, where no bands actually visit. In which case LPs provide the only life-line to a world outside.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 06:07 AM   #278
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Anybody have this yet? I didn't even know about it until I saw it in a store today. I still haven't gotten around to buying a record player since moving here, so I thought it might be silly for me to buy it.

Quote:

No Neck Blues Band

At 6am We Become the Police

Locust

"NNCK LP soundtrack for the upcoming nnck movie of the same name, directed by Adam Egypt Mortimer. this album presents recordings from the first NNCK rehearsal space at 195 Chrystie St. NYC in the years 1995-97. Two pieces were recorded for Harmony Korine's Gummo soundtrack but never released. Others are quintessential NNCK moments, including the first session joined by Butoh princess Michiko Takahachi, who instantly became a permanent member. The closing of the 195 Chrystie St. studio in 1997 marked the end of NNCK downtown as they set their sites for Harlem. This soundtrack and the upcoming film closely document this transitional period." - Dave Nuss.

hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 10:15 AM   #279
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
d. charles speer is fucking amazing.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2010, 03:16 PM   #280
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Double Leopards will play at NY's Market Motel on Monday Night, 9:30pm. Also No-Neck Blues Band, Michael Chapman, Endless Boogie, and special guest.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
111213 14 15 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth