Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Kickstarter
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.04.2018, 02:42 PM   #1
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Kind of related to the Bandcamp thread, a thread for Kick starter projects of note. For starters, this one from Carbon Records:

Carbon Records 25th Year Projects
Kickstarter Campaign

Since 1994, I have been running the independent record label, Carbon Records. It’s been a labor of love to which I have happily devoted much of my personal time and finances. Enabling musicians/bands to get their music out will always remain important to me and I currently have so many releases that I want to put out, but only so many resources.

Running the label for 24 years, I have now been living with Carbon for as long as I have without it. April marks the start of Carbon's 25th(!) year and I would love to celebrate that milestone with the release of many exciting efforts - a double LP compilation of guitar centric artists from around the country and world (more details below), the long overdue LP from Ian Downey is Famous (RIYL Eddy Current, etc.), a personal project called Crush the Junta (RIYL Bardo Pond, Heavy Winged, etc), legendary out-rockers Nod (VU-esque, formerly of Smells Like Records), heavy psych-primitive unit Pengo, as well as a few other things in the preliminary stages.

Your contribution to this effort will make it possible for Carbon to get these releases out the door in a timely manner, as well as continue with other projects on the horizon.

2LP Guitar Compilation - WOUND - Continuing the tradition of its milestone-marking compilations, Carbon is using the occasion of its 25th year to bring together an impressive roster of guitar-based artists. Showcasing the use of guitar in its many forms, this compilation consists of some of the most exciting new and established proveyors of Americana, psych, free-improv, rock, and experimental sounds.

Alexander (David Shapiro), Bill Nace, Bruce Russell (Dead C / A Handful of Dust), Campbell James Kneale, Daniel Bachman, Finkbeiner, Jon Collin, Kryssi Battalene (of Headroom, Mountain Movers, etc), Loren Connors, Michael and John Gibbons (of Bardo Pond), Michael Morley (Dead C / Gate), Rambutan (Eric Hardiman), Rat Bastard, Rob Noyes, Ryley Walker, Tashi Dorji (solo, Manas, etc), Tom Carter / Morning Scales The Mountain, Wendy Eisenberg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...401/carbon25yr
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2018, 07:03 AM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Kind of related to the Bandcamp thread, a thread for Kick starter projects of note. For starters, this one from Carbon Records:

Carbon Records 25th Year Projects
Kickstarter Campaign

Since 1994, I have been running the independent record label, Carbon Records. It’s been a labor of love to which I have happily devoted much of my personal time and finances. Enabling musicians/bands to get their music out will always remain important to me and I currently have so many releases that I want to put out, but only so many resources.

Running the label for 24 years, I have now been living with Carbon for as long as I have without it. April marks the start of Carbon's 25th(!) year and I would love to celebrate that milestone with the release of many exciting efforts - a double LP compilation of guitar centric artists from around the country and world (more details below), the long overdue LP from Ian Downey is Famous (RIYL Eddy Current, etc.), a personal project called Crush the Junta (RIYL Bardo Pond, Heavy Winged, etc), legendary out-rockers Nod (VU-esque, formerly of Smells Like Records), heavy psych-primitive unit Pengo, as well as a few other things in the preliminary stages.

Your contribution to this effort will make it possible for Carbon to get these releases out the door in a timely manner, as well as continue with other projects on the horizon.

2LP Guitar Compilation - WOUND - Continuing the tradition of its milestone-marking compilations, Carbon is using the occasion of its 25th year to bring together an impressive roster of guitar-based artists. Showcasing the use of guitar in its many forms, this compilation consists of some of the most exciting new and established proveyors of Americana, psych, free-improv, rock, and experimental sounds.

Alexander (David Shapiro), Bill Nace, Bruce Russell (Dead C / A Handful of Dust), Campbell James Kneale, Daniel Bachman, Finkbeiner, Jon Collin, Kryssi Battalene (of Headroom, Mountain Movers, etc), Loren Connors, Michael and John Gibbons (of Bardo Pond), Michael Morley (Dead C / Gate), Rambutan (Eric Hardiman), Rat Bastard, Rob Noyes, Ryley Walker, Tashi Dorji (solo, Manas, etc), Tom Carter / Morning Scales The Mountain, Wendy Eisenberg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...401/carbon25yr
It would be really nice to have vinyl releases of Nod's albums.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth