Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the democratic primaries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2020, 05:31 PM   #21
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
ilduclo don't you get tired of kissing the asses of the rich and powerful all the time?

"A really weird history that makes him totally unelectable" what nonsense. Are you gonna start telling me about some honeymoon vacation in the Soviet Union now? What about other candidates' horrible political (and personal if you're throwing that stuff in) history? You just don't like Bernie and you have no real reasons why beyond ideological difference. At least when I tear down Biden, Warren and Pete I can point to actual things they've done.

America elected Trump. Everyone was told over and over that he was unelectable and that Hillary would be president. Biden came 1st in most polls up until recently because he was seen as the most electable. He came 4th in Iowa. Electability arguments are bullshit, it is a constructed narrative that won't necessarily play out when people go to vote. You know, like the literal last election? Have you forgotten what happened then already?

Bernie beats Trump more than any other candidate when they are polled in match ups. You can look this up yourself but there's countless amounts of them that all say the same thing. But you just continue to ignore all facts and logic.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2020, 05:53 PM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i’ve already been seeing “bernie sanders didn’t mind the gulags” thrown into online discussions, so get ready for more.

it’s gonna be gulag gulag gulag from here till november.

basically, whoever is the front runner will be smeared by their opponents and of course republicans will use all the ammo.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2020, 06:02 PM   #23
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
That's made up though. I fully expect the strategy against Bernie to be Red Scaring him. Hey, if it worked in the 50s!
Old 02.07.2020, 06:05 PM   #24
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
basically, whoever is the front runner will be smeared by their opponents and of course republicans will use all the ammo.
Exactly, and Biden, Warren and Pete have more than enough truthful things to be attacked on, never mind the amount of smears that will come their way also.
Old 02.07.2020, 06:19 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Exactly, and Biden, Warren and Pete have more than enough truthful things to be attacked on, never mind the amount of smears that will come their way also.

“obama, kenyan muslim palling around with terroists!”

some assholes are still using that one. i think it began with hillary clinton actually...

this is precisely the problem im talking about. democrats covering each other with shit. berniebros booing hillary at the 2016 convention. it only helps republicans.

of course repukes will dig out all the oppo. but it doesn’t help when candidates destroy each other.

“bernie told me a woman can’t win” makes both bernie and warren look bad.

but honestly i think berniebros throw the most shit and are the most suicidal. by suicidal i mean: willing to let trump win if their candidate doesn’t get the nomination.
Old 02.07.2020, 06:30 PM   #26
Derek
invito al cielo

Please refer to my other post on your "suicidal" comment. I've explained why that is. And it also logistically means Bernie needs to be the nominee! Not giving my opinion on if it's right or wrong, its just reality currently.

Bernie supporters, for the most part, attack the other candidates on actual things they've done or said. This does not account for random twitter nonsense as all the campaigns have their share of aggressive people, yet the spotlight is always shone on "Bernie bros".

I've not made up anything I've said about the other candidates. When they can't attack Bernie on policy, they go for his supporters. That shows that there's not much depth in their critique of him. The fact that you even call his supporters "bernie bros" when he leads in polls with non-whites and younger women shows that it's a created narrative.

Also Bernie supporters were angry in 2016 because the process unfairly favoured Hillary. That primary was actually a lot closer than people want to remember or how it was spun at the time. It's because of Bernie pressuring the DNC to make the process more transparent that we now get the popular vote count for caucuses.

Hillary is out here saying "no one likes Bernie" yet she is never accused of dividing the party. It's one sided.
Old 02.07.2020, 07:10 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh, a lot of people asked hillary to shut the fuck up this time around. she’s injecting her personal vendetta into this.

i understand the anger at the primary in 2016. still, bernie got his rules in place.

berniebros: the name stuck.

there’s also accusations of sexism against bernie. eg: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...nts-explained/

now, warren was trying to make that stick last debate and it might yet stick regardless of supporters demographics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...warren-debate/

the “secret” to smear is to make it stick. repetition repetition repetition.

btw, “6 women of color” have ditched warren, complaining of tokenism. feeds into warren’s fake race narrative.

see, everyone has their achilles heel, and when the shit begins to fly among democrats, all democrats lose because the shit begins to stick. including bernie, who is not a democrat but an independent running in the democratic primary.
Old 02.07.2020, 07:43 PM   #28
Derek
invito al cielo

It's easy to say that Bernie has a this or that problem because he doesn't feed into people's identity hang ups, he instead ties everything into wider social issues. That is what will win elections, not compartmentalising every group of people.

I don't get that article's issue beyond Bernie not kowtowing to whatever flavour of ultra purist identity politics they ascribe to. For example:
Quote:
That’s especially true when Bernie makes statements like, “We have got to look at candidates, you know, not by the color of their skin, not by their sexual orientation or their gender and not by their age. I mean, I think we have got to try to move us toward a non-discriminatory society which looks at people based on their abilities, based on what they stand for."
What is wrong with that statement? Motivation for a candidate being based more on their beliefs than their base identity is not controversial. It also backs its opinions up throughout the article with low level Bernie bashing tweets from bluecheck mark twitter nobodies. Oh, but it's the Bernie bros who are dividing everyone, I forgot! Better just call Bernie a sexist despite no evidence of him doing or saying anything sexist, instead just interpret what he says in the worst possible faith! I really don't see any of this being an issue for Bernie. What, is Trump going to stand on the debate stage and convincingly tell the public that Bernie is sexist? The man who around the world is known by the line "grab em by the pussy"?

Yep, Warren comes across completely as fake. Saw that earlier and it seemed like the most unsurprising thing ever. Bernie on the other hand is well known even by his detractors to be authentic in his beliefs. See how it all fits together?

I don't believe the primary should be a buddy buddy contest. People pick sides. The primaries being a "let the best fellow win, good chum" race is more utopian than any idea Bernie has that people say will never happen! The Republicans will do what they are going to do regardless. If nothing from the primaries stick, they will just find something else that will stick.

The primaries are a good opportunity to differentiate between candidates. Who has a real vision for the future? Who's got what it takes to defeat and reverse the stain that Trump has left on the world? Who truly believes in change and who just wants power? It would be a terrible idea to shrug and go "as long as they're democrat!" That is almost undermining the huge threat that Trump poses to people. It's time to face reality and really figure out how to defeat Trumpism once and for all, and make our case for who the best person to do that is.
Old 02.08.2020, 07:33 AM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

watched almost all of last night’s debates

my favorite performers were bernie and klobuchar

bernie is always good. “we’re all gonna support whoever wins this damn thing” was a great opener. also he was great at dismissing his soviet honeymoon and defending his approach to health care (although i still don’t see how he’d implement it).

klobuchar had a breakout night as bernie’s policy alternative without being nasty to him.

warren i realize always sounds like she’s crying. she’s got a good head for domestic policy so i hope she’ll have a cabinet position in the future, but i don’t see her style as presidential.

the eagle scout eloquent as always but klobuchar tore him a new one with the cartoon business. also he stumbled when asked about legalizing drugs.

uncle joe is a nice man and i thought he did well last night but again i don’t see him as presidential material as he keeps tripping on his tongue. still better than the dotard.

yang always makes me chuckle and has some clever thing to say but i see his role is more as a gadfly and he could be another future cabinet member.

steyer has some good things to say but seems more of a policy analyst or nonprofit director than a candidate.

klobuchar’s hair and make up, and it has to be said because it’s teevee, a huge improvement over the nosferatu shadows of earlier nights.

most of the night i was wondering why she knew so much but i couldn’t see her taking off. and the finally when she made her fdr appeal i found myself looking at the donation buttons in her website, no joke.
Old 02.08.2020, 08:37 AM   #30
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo

Demonrail, have you researched Sanders at all? He's got a really weird history that makes him totally unelectable. Worst possible choice the Dems could make.

I've read enough to know I wouldn't vote for him (although as a uk citizen that's hardly relevant). He does appear to have a dedicated following, though, that will at least come out for him, whereas when I look at the rest of the field, I just can't see enough people giving enough of a shit. I still think Trump wins big, regardless.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.08.2020, 09:51 PM   #31
Derek
invito al cielo

Klobuchar should run as a Republican. Pete can only talk in politician word salad, I got so annoyed listening to him all night. Still an insane choice.
Old 02.08.2020, 10:16 PM   #32
Derek
invito al cielo

Actually felt bad for Biden but also kinda laughed at him at the same time hahaha

He doesn't realise that no one cares about what he was doing in the Obama years considering it all ended up with Trump as president anyway
Old 02.08.2020, 10:21 PM   #33
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yes yes, bernie is the kwisatz haderach, neo in the matrix, bernie the vampire slayer, 2nd coming of the messiah, or the first one, depending who you ask, maitreya buddha, the chosen one (and only), in the flesh. got it. got it. got it.
Old 02.08.2020, 11:10 PM   #34
Derek
invito al cielo

It's not my fault they all stink except him! Offer better candidates, especially for an election as important as this one.
Old 02.08.2020, 11:42 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

got it. got it. got it. etc.
Old 02.09.2020, 12:05 AM   #36
Derek
invito al cielo

Fine. I'll say some nice things.

Tom Steyer actually does seem like he cares about the things he's talking about. And he seems to be hinting towards being an ally to Bernie when he inevitably drops out!

Yang seems like a chill guy. I don't think he has the right solutions but I think he at the very least understands the optics. ALSO possible ally to Bernie when he inevitably drops out.

I don't mind that Buttigieg looks like a rat cuz rats are really cute and sweet animals!
Old 02.09.2020, 02:49 AM   #37
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Kim Gordon is backing Bernie:

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.09.2020, 12:33 PM   #38
Derek
invito al cielo

Kim rules.
Old 02.09.2020, 04:10 PM   #39
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Sanders: "I'm in good health, but won't release my medical records"

yeah, sure
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2020, 08:37 AM   #40
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I’m anxious to see if Joe suffers further separation going forward now that the others are free to get out the vote???

The separation has begun: Centrist voters cut Biden out of the picture
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth