Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Whats your most memorable Sonic moment?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2008, 01:09 PM   #21
guitarpro
100%

guitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's assesguitarpro kicks all y'all's asses
When I met Thurston in Austin in 04. Its always nice to chat it up with yr idols.
guitarpro is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2008, 03:21 AM   #22
SlothropLudwigMatzerath
empty page

SlothropLudwigMatzerath has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
When I saw them perform Daydream Nation in its entirety last July in Hollywood--it was unreal, up against the barricade, dead center. Got to grab Lee's leg and touch his guitar as he stepped onto the rail right between me and my friend. And to top it off, got to say hi to Thurston before the show (he was standing at the back of the pit drinking red wine and swaying to the opener Redd Kross). And then on the way out that night Vincent Gallo was sulking near the exit...didn't know he was so short. Overall just an amazing night.
SlothropLudwigMatzerath is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 02:13 PM   #23
vociferous.slam
empty page

vociferous.slam has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
bumping into thurston outside a london tube station before sy show sept04?
basically, spaz moments.

was this brixton? were you one of those japanese girls, that was fucking funny
vociferous.slam is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 02:35 PM   #24
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
meeting thurston and steve in hoboken. just the shock of being seated at maxwell's right next to thurston's table.

he was enjoying those onion rings too
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 03:07 PM   #25
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
I once stayed up all night playing Sonic The Hedgehog 3. I'll never forget that. It's a whole night I'll never get back.
God that's seriously a genius of a message, it's funny as a mofo. I laugh everytime I read this! Thanks pook'
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 04:59 PM   #26
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm...I remember when I first got into Sonic Youth. The first album I listened to was Kill Yr. Idols/Confusion is Sex. It was an amazing album. I had never heard anything close to what Sonic Youth did. But besides that, I was like a sophomore in highschool and my friend had a garage which we would smoke alot of pot in. This one night my as my friend put on Confusion is Next, and as he was singing "STICK YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH!" his Dad(who is a cop) walked in on like 10 kids stoned and with at least a quarter ounce on the coffee table.....ah...good times.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 07:32 PM   #27
Diomote
empty page

Diomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud ofDiomote has much to be proud of
the first time i heard sonic youth was about four years ago at my friends house when he recently rented sister,daydream, and dirty at the library. We relaxed in his backyard and listened to all three and at first i hated it. After i listened to Dirty though, i really appreciated it and now sy is my favorite band.
A while after that when in the city which was very close to where i lived i saw a rather large group of people gathered at a small corner in battery park. it was thurston and kim resting after a show they just played. If i liked them as much as i did now it would have been cool but at that time they were just the "dudes" from sy

Diomote is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 09:15 PM   #28
acdc518
bad moon rising

acdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's assesacdc518 kicks all y'all's asses
at the 4/25 nashville show when thurston held his green jazzmaster out over the crowd and i strummed it a few times. there were a lot of other sweet moments at that show.
acdc518 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2008, 09:15 PM   #29
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc518
at the 4/25 nashville show when thurston held his green jazzmaster out over the crowd and i strummed it a few times. there were a lot of other sweet moments at that show.

Right you are! It was one long sweet moment.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth