Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Leviathan Fans?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.16.2011, 10:59 PM   #1
aselfishimpulse
little trouble girl

aselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's assesaselfishimpulse kicks all y'all's asses
yes
aselfishimpulse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2011, 03:32 PM   #2
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
I never heard about this.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2011, 01:26 PM   #3
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Oh I did hear about this! Totally fucked up, but anyone who ever read HaC should have learned that (at one time print fanzines and subsequently) the Internet are a breeding ground for deception and half truths. Hopefully it's not true because that's just wrong. And leave it to the black metal scene to not give a shit, do you ever hear about Satyricon and their tour bus gang rape? Not ever, and their band totally blows!
Old 04.25.2011, 12:58 PM   #4
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
HaC?
Old 04.27.2011, 03:42 PM   #5
The Watcher
children of satan

Quote:
SATYRICON guitarists Steinar Gundersen and A.O. Gronbech were arrested and charged in Canada for drugging and raping a woman in the band's tour bus after a concert in Toronto.

"I can confirm that the Norwegian consul in Toronto has been in contact with the arrestees, and followed up by, among other things, visiting them in jail and obtaining legal assistance," said Anne Lene Dale Sandstein, press officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to Norwegian TV 2 Nettavisen.

According to Canadian police, the crimes were committed after SATYRICON had performed at the club Fun Haus in Toronto last Tuesday (Dec. 14), reported the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.

"A woman from Toronto explained that she went with the two Norwegian musicians to their tour bus," said Kristin Bacharach at the Toronto police to the paper. There she was reportedly drugged and sexually assaulted.

Bacharach confirmed that the two musicians have been arrested and are charged. DNA tests have been taken. If found guilty, the two musicians may be sentenced to ten years in prison.

As a result of the musicians' arrests, the remaining dates on SATYRICON's North American tour with 3 INCHES OF BLOOD (including a New York show) were cancelled.

I mean who knows what actually happened, I don't exactly follow it because Satyricon are fucking terrible........

HOWEVER this is not trying make light of a potentially unpleasant situation by citing weak precedents....... rape isn't cool man..........
Old 04.27.2011, 03:43 PM   #6
The Watcher
children of satan

Also: I didn't get into Massive Conspiracy as heavily as I did Tentacles Of Whorror or Verrator, but my favorite Leviathan work is A Silhouette In Splinters, that dark ambient record he did..... that thing is fucking terrifying........
Old 04.27.2011, 08:05 PM   #7
The Watcher
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselfishimpulse
by the way are you and I the only big BM fans on this board?

Perhaps but something tells me no!! Perchance Leviathan is too false for this crowd? For my money the only stuff I've really dug the past few years are the new Negative Plane, Necros Christos, Deathspell Omega (Paracletus is a fucking sick album), Katharsis, Teitanblood, Akitsa, Dodsengel and a few others I'm forgetting off the top of my head........ but there's plenty of classics I keep coming back to, Strid, Manes, Sodom, Venom, Celtic Frost, Mercyful Fate, Forgotten Woods, Wigrid, Marblebog...... the list goes on and on but these days I'm more interested in dark ambient or shit like Locrian than any straight up BM release....... it's amazing that there's so much great stuff coming out of the death metal genre that's innovative like Portal, Ulcerate, Obscura, Dead Congregation as it's usually black metal pushing boundaries and death metal being stale and stagnant...........
Old 04.27.2011, 11:25 PM   #8
The Watcher
children of satan

The new Obscura is totally Atheist prog metal meets...... Painkiller era Priest, it's not for everyone but I think it rules!! Best tech death out there right now after that disappointing Decrepit Birth album last year.......

Oh Sperm Of Antichrist are amazing Beherit worship, that's a fuckin' ace demo.......
Old 04.28.2011, 12:01 PM   #9
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
There are other black metal fans here. We've had discussions about Krallice, Bone Awl, Akitsa, Velvet Cacoon, Burzum, Xasthur etc. Mostly contemporary American BM, but there are definitely fans lurking, nonetheless.

Gotta check out that Leviathan ambient thing...sounds awesome...
Old 04.28.2011, 04:01 PM   #10
The Watcher
children of satan

There's few newer bands that really beat classic bands like the first and second wave of black metal, Mercyful Fate, Venom, Celtic Frost, Sarcofago, Sodom, etc followed by early Morbid, Mayhem, Emperor, Strid, Manes, Burzum, Forgotten Woods, Vomit, fuckin' Poison (Germany), Slaughter Lord, Mutiilation, Voor, Xibalba, etc....... you know how it goes, the only ones really pushing the boundaries of contemporary bm are the ones really taking shit out to lunch like DSO and the last few Xasthur records (I haven't heard the last one yet though)....... so many generic clones out there......... that last Craft record was pure fuckin' RIFF though, really excited for the new one to be released (supposedly this year but who knows they've been saying that forever )
Old 04.28.2011, 04:02 PM   #11
The Watcher
children of satan

I can't believe I just typed a list like that up and posted it, that was pretty silly.......

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth