Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.10.2020, 10:14 PM   #8861
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
And now, one that really matters. (Bonus: the judge was appointed by Trump. "DEEP STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T TRUST ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):

Quote:
Federal judge in Pennsylvania dismisses Trump campaign lawsuit on voting, calling fraud claims ‘speculative’

A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit filed by the Trump campaign in Pennsylvania seeking to block the use of drop boxes as receptacles for mail ballots, require ballot signatures to match voter registration records and allow nonresident poll watchers at polling places, ruling that the president’s claims of potential fraud were “speculative.”

In a sharply worded opinion issued Saturday morning, U.S. District Judge J. Nicholas Ranjan of the Western District of Pennsylvania ruled that the Trump campaign has no standing because of the lack of evidence of actual fraud.

“While Plaintiffs may not need to prove actual voter fraud, they must at least prove that such fraud is ‘certainly impending,’ ” Ranjan wrote. “They haven’t met that burden. At most, they have pieced together a sequence of uncertain assumptions.”

Ranjan is the latest judge to regard GOP claims about voting fraud with skepticism. A review by The Washington Post of dozens of lawsuits around the country found that judges appointed by Republicans and Democrats alike have been dubious of GOP arguments that lowering barriers to mail voting could lead to widespread fraud.

The decision reflects a big win for Democrats, who have been seeking to expand mail balloting and provide more options for voters who are anxious about voting in person because of the risk of coronavirus infection. Kathy Boockvar, Pennsylvania’s secretary of the commonwealth, argued for the use of drop boxes in the suit.

“We are very pleased with the opinion, which conclusively dismisses all of the claims brought by Trump,” said one of the Democratic lawyers on the case, Clifford Levine. “Hopefully, it will allow this election to go forward without further interference with this type of litigation.”

Even if President Trump’s legal team appeals the decision, constitutional scholars quickly concluded, such appeals have a “slim” chance of success.

“Arguments based upon the need for states to take more antifraud measures are losers because they are based on nothing more than speculation,” wrote Richard L. Hasen, professor of law and political science at the University of California at Irvine.

The state Supreme Court gave a green light to the use of drop boxes for voters who want to drop off their ballots rather than using the U.S. Postal Service, but the Trump campaign went to federal court in an attempt to raise constitutional issues. The campaign also challenged Boockvar’s guidance to county election officials that matching ballot signatures with voter registration records was not required.

Separately, Democrats argued that a Republican effort to send nonresident poll watchers to polling places violated state law and was a blatant attempt to intimidate Black voters in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Pennsylvania is widely expected to be a close race between Trump and former vice president Joe Biden — as well as a potential ground zero for voting problems, in part because ballot processing may not begin until Election Day.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 01:37 AM   #8862
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Well, after this endorsement, we're fucked, dipshit's bound to get reelected...

Comedy aside, Trump's campaign fuckin' rushed to reject the Taliban's endorsement, but when it came to everyone from David Duke to the Proud Boys... We're still waiting...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 10.11.2020, 05:56 AM   #8863
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Speaking of Vomit......her comments about the 25th amendment (doubt she has even read it).

Mrs. Pelosi wants to distance this 25th Amendment ploy from her party’s years-long effort to overturn the 2016 election results, but even the press corps was skeptical. Mrs. Pelosi said later in her presentation that “any of us who is under medication of that seriousness”—referring to President Trump’s coronavirus treatment—“is in an altered state.”

What does Section 4 of the 25th Amendment say, “Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide,” Let’s break it down, the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments are not going to move forward on this, so she needs another “body,” the problem is,

THERE IS NO OTHER BODY, because there is no law that created one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Biden? Who mentioned Biden? We all know he's just a trojan horse for Kamala Harris.

Nancy Pelosi says Trump's coronavirus medication has him in 'altered state' as she threatens legislation to remove him from office

"Clearly, he is under medication. Any of us who is under medication of that seriousness is in an altered state," Pelosi said,

Do the free minded freethinkers understand that if it was Vomit Pelosi who tested positive for the Chinese virus and underwent the same regiment of medicine for her treatment and the Orange Cheeto was questioning her “altered state,” I do believe the free minded freethinkers would be irate! I believe there would be multiple post regarding a Cheetos authority to have the Madam Vomit removed. YET, here we are with the proverbial shoe on the other foot and the freethinkers are CRICKETS. Vomit knows how to hedge her bets and she also knows she won’t have another shot at impeachment......so she and the DEMS are setting up REMOVAL.

"This is not about President Trump. He will face the judgment of the voters but he shows the need for us to create a process for future presidents," Nancy Pelosi said,

If Joe somehow finds a path to victory, I believe Demonrail666 will be proven correct and Kamala’s trojan horse will raise its head in short order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
(Michelle Bachmann and this board's own putrefied BP, to name just two) have said or strongly insinuated Biden is a Trojan horse for Black Marxism

Vomit Pelosi is attempting to make fundamental changes to the operation of our 25th amendment of the United States constitution and I’m afraid the freethinkers don’t have a clue???
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 06:44 AM   #8864
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
You guys are gonna have to spell it out for me what you mean by Kamala being a Trojan horse because I'm at a loss.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 07:27 AM   #8865
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I think that the DNC has stood by Biden solely because they see him as having the best chance of beating Trump, but that a deal has been struck where, assuming he does win, he will stand down (I'd predict quite early) during his 1st term so Kamala becomes president by default.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 08:26 AM   #8866
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
It's Fox News' line, verbatim. Others in the same alternative facts sphere (Michelle Bachmann and this board's own putrefied BP, to name just two) have said or strongly insinuated Biden is a Trojan horse for Black Marxism (whatever the fuck that is). So there.

I certainly don't equate Kamala with 'Black Marxism', or any other kind of marxism for that matter. Quite the contrary, I'd put her further to the right (relative to the L-R spectrum within the DNC) than Biden. Regardless of what Trump or some within the Right wing media might be saying, she's not there to provide the Left with a path back in but to shut them out completely. Dropping them like a stone the moment she takes power.
Old 10.11.2020, 08:43 AM   #8867
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
something
therefore, in view of these conspiratorial speculations and fantastical scenarios, the logical conclusion is: support a moral degenerate maniac and the forces of fascism. but of course! it makes perfect sense...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 12:04 PM   #8868
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
therefore, in view of these conspiratorial speculations and fantastical scenarios, the logical conclusion is: support a moral degenerate maniac and the forces of fascism. but of course! it makes perfect sense...

You know, it always bothered me how in The Dark Knight Harvey Dent was so easily convinced to go apeshit by the guy who was responsible for his predicament. Like how was anything an obvious lunatic told him so appealing he'd go from a somewhat measured - if a bit absolutist and misguided - district attorney to some cuckoo reactionary murderer flipping coins? I thought it was something for which I had to suspend my disbelief a bit too much in an otherwise solidly executed movie (had other small problems as well, but I do agree it's a good movie, don't get your fangasms in a twist). But looking at the absolutely bonkers reasoning some people seem to have for supporting the likes of Trump and the insane theories they are willing to swallow without resistance, I'm starting to see how that scene is probably closer to real life than I'd have given it credit for. Man, I don't recognize this place anymore sometimes.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 12:15 PM   #8869
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
You know, it always bothered me how in The Dark Knight Harvey Dent was so easily convinced to go apeshit by the guy who was responsible for his predicament. Like how was anything an obvious lunatic told him so appealing he'd go from a somewhat measured - if a bit absolutist and misguided - district attorney to some cuckoo reactionary murderer flipping coins? I thought it was something for which I had to suspend my disbelief a bit too much in an otherwise solidly executed movie (had other small problems as well, but I do agree it's a good movie, don't get your fangasms in a twist). But looking at the absolutely bonkers reasoning some people seem to have for supporting the likes of Trump and the insane theories they are willing to swallow without resistence, I'm starting to see how that scene is probably more close to real life than I'd have given it credit for. Man, I don't recognize this place anymore sometimes.

The Internet is your friend. Kind of. Flashback to 2015 (!):

https://whatwouldbaledo.com/2015/08/...-to-the-joker/

Old 10.11.2020, 12:48 PM   #8870
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
But looking at the absolutely bonkers reasoning some people seem to have for supporting the likes of Trump and the insane theories they are willing to swallow without resistance, I'm starting to see how that scene is probably closer to real life than I'd have given it credit for. Man, I don't recognize this place anymore sometimes.

i don’t know about batman movies, but here, i think it’s not so much “bonkers reasoning” towards a conclusion, but rather it’s reaching for a rationalization after the fact.

people get seduced by fascism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, etc. everyone has tendencies that have nothing to do with reason. reason only shows up afterwards to bolster a narrative fallacy. people need an “explanation,” so they construct one.

anyway... it’s fucked up.
Old 10.11.2020, 02:33 PM   #8871
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think that the DNC has stood by Biden solely because they see him as having the best chance of beating Trump, but that a deal has been struck where, assuming he does win, he will stand down (I'd predict quite early) during his 1st term so Kamala becomes president by default.

Hm, I think I remember when they said the same thing about Trump, saying that he'd willingly step down so that Pence could be the President. When in history has a elected President of the United states ever said, 'Thanks for voting for me, now here's your President' and given the VP the presidency?
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 02:57 PM   #8872
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don’t know about batman movies, but here, i think it’s not so much “bonkers reasoning” towards a conclusion, but rather it’s reaching for a rationalization after the fact.

Oh, I just chose that analogy because it's a piece of media I'm fairly certain a lot of people on this board have watched. It also seemed apt to me to compare that phenomenon to something firmly rooted in a highly fictional realm to convey just how absurd things have gotten in real life.

I completely agree that it's mostly a reaching for something in post. In order to get to that point, there had to be some sort of spark/inciting incidents in the first place though. And it's that road from being somewhat frustrated about certain goings-on to full-on support of something so obviously generated to prey on people's fears and born out of malicious intent. There's this almost meme-like analogy of the flock of sheep being mildly frustrated with the farmer, so they decide to vote for the wolf. That's how some people's rationalizations look like on display. And it's just baffling.

Though a good amount of those partaking in this farce are not in fact sheep taken in by false promises and a flimsy charade. Some are in fact aware and willing collaborators. Which is even worse.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2020, 03:04 PM   #8873
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Yes!!

A recent Trump Ad uses Fauci, and completely out of context. (Of course!)

And Fauci, God bless him, is not taking that lying down.

(Shall we predict how long Fauci lasts?)
Old 10.11.2020, 03:14 PM   #8874
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Hm, I think I remember when they said the same thing about Trump, saying that he'd willingly step down so that Pence could be the President. When in history has a elected President of the United states ever said, 'Thanks for voting for me, now here's your President' and given the VP the presidency?

Well the transition would never be made that crudely but I stand by my prediction that if Biden does win he won't see out his 1st term and will most likely hand power over to Harris quite early on. Even if you don't buy the dementia claims and putting aside any encounters he's had with Trump, does he honestly look to you like someone with the strength to go toe-to-toe with Putin, or Xi Jinping or even the more radical wing within his own party?
Old 10.11.2020, 03:42 PM   #8875
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well the transition would never be made that crudely but I stand by my prediction that if Biden does win he won't see out his 1st term and will most likely hand power over to Harris quite early on. Even if you don't buy the dementia claims and putting aside any encounters he's had with Trump, does he honestly look to you like someone with the strength to go toe-to-toe with Putin, or Xi Jinping or even the more radical wing within his own party?

Fuck it. This is verbatim Faux News, as Soup Nazi has already alluded. I'm sending you to Byteme and Skunk.
Old 10.11.2020, 04:40 PM   #8876
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

fucking tragic
Old 10.11.2020, 04:56 PM   #8877
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Even if you don't buy the dementia claims and putting aside any encounters he's had with Trump, does he honestly look to you like someone with the strength to go toe-to-toe with Putin, or Xi Jinping or even the more radical wing within his own party?

This is pathetic.

1.- Yes, Biden seems more than strong to me to be president for four years.

2.- You know who has NOT had the strength to go toe-to-toe with Putin, or Xi Jinping or even his own crazy-ass murderous supporters from the far right (who, by the way, don't have even a remote equivalent among the leftiest of Democrats)? DONALD FUCKING TRUMP. Remember Helsinki? Remember how, despite all his ineffective "easy to win trade war", he ate Xi's bullshit about Korea and has said he admires him for managing to engrave his thoughts into China's Constitutions (state and party), freeing him from term limits to his rule?

Some of us thought you were better than this. Clearly we were just focusing on the football thread.

Old 10.12.2020, 03:45 AM   #8878
Debaser
empty page

Debaser has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
We can all point to exceptions but you'll have a hard time convincing me that traditional working class areas (at least those outside of major cities) aren't on the whole feeling alienated by what they perceive as an increasingly Woke agenda taking hold of traditional Left wing and centrist parties.

I tend to agree, and I say that as someone who was for a while quite on board with a lot of what Spiked was doing. I continue to endorse them calling out the SJW stuff in terms of what it's doing to the Left, but that's no reason for them to turn a blind eye to the incompetences of the Tories right now (especially when they're becoming infected with the Woke virus themselves). But if you're talking about alternative Left wing media, the only other one I can think of that has an equivalent impact is Novara Media, which epitomises everything that I hate about this current identity-politics obsessed Left, so I'm still much more likely to follow Spiked than I am anything else, albeit with nowhere near the same enthusiasm that I used to.

Mate, the right are also very good at 'identity politcs' also, infact even more so imo.
Debaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2020, 12:40 PM   #8879
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser
Mate, the right are also very good at 'identity politcs' also, infact even more so imo.
indeed, very much so. case in point:

https://mobile.twitter.com/giselefet...19072553783297
Old 10.14.2020, 11:53 AM   #8880
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
https://youtu.be/Qg0pO9VG1J8

SNL really hit it on the head with this one.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
394434441442443 444 445446447454 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth