Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Completely surreal show I was at last night
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.28.2007, 11:48 AM   #1
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
It was at a high school and so it was all high school bands. The 2nd and 4th bands I know and enjoy watching.

There were a TON of kids there. I've never seen so many kids age 12-20 at a show.

1st band: they were pretty awful, 5 kids doing covers- they did some blink song, some 3 doors down song, Born to Be Wild, and Sweet Child of Mine. The bassist from the band I swear had to be 10. I've seen a lot of awful local bands- but these kids had heart. Plus this one 12 year old girl that I'd assume was one of their girlfriends was up there all alone cheering and dancing- it was the cutest thing I've ever seen(this was an auditorium and most people were sitting down until the 2nd half of the first band's set)

in between they had like small acoustic acts play. The first of which were 4 kids singing about D and D. It was really cool to see some high school kids that just obviously don't care what people think of them and taking an inside joke way too far. They did a song about not wanting to be the mage because "I'm always the first to die."

2nd band: this local punk band I've seen on a few occasions. Three 17 year olds playing Ramones/Screaching Weasel stuff. All I IV V, but they are cool kids.

3rd band: 3 piece sort of garagey band that kept switching off on instruments. At one point they said "this is the song to dance to" and kids just freaking flooded the stage dancing and singing along. It was one of the oddest things that I have ever seen, but it was really cool to see that.

4th band: garagey 2 piece, I've seen them before. When they were playing girls in the audience were screaming like they were the Beatles or something.

Then after the band finished, 4 guys randomly went up there and started jamming and the stage once again flooded. There were guys playing harmonica and girls dancing and hitting tambourines. It was surreal. I was there with 2 friends. One of my friends was a graduate of that high school and she seemed used to it and had a big smile on her face, but my other friend went to the same high school I graduated from, and she and I were just in awe. It was just so different from anything that ever happened at the old high school shows I went to.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth