Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.30.2013, 03:57 PM   #17181
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Seven has aged terribly, or maybe it was shit back then too. I suspect that the only reason I thought it was good at the time is that I was only 15 or 16 when I first saw it
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2013, 04:09 PM   #17182
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Obviously, Hitchcock is far more intelligent, innovative and involving than Fincher. Obviously. No duh. That said, Seven is about as meaty when it comes to "point" as most Hitchcocks.

If it's overrated, I'll buy that.
If Fincher is a mediocre filmmaker, I'll buy that too.
If Seven just plain sucks, I disagree.

And boo fucking hoo about the blood. You can watch Rambo wipe out hundreds of people with yellow skin but you can't bear to see some spatter from a white woman? I knew it.

You don't actually see anyone tortured, from what I remember. That's one of the differences between Seven and Saw.

But whatever. I'm done defending a movie that I thought was pretty good last time I watched it, which was probably a decade ago.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2013, 04:23 PM   #17183
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Obviously, Hitchcock is far more intelligent, innovative and involving than Fincher. Obviously. No duh. That said, Seven is about as meaty when it comes to "point" as most Hitchcocks.

If it's overrated, I'll buy that.
If Fincher is a mediocre filmmaker, I'll buy that too.
If Seven just plain sucks, I disagree.

And boo fucking hoo about the blood. You can watch Rambo wipe out hundreds of people with yellow skin but you can't bear to see some spatter from a white woman? I knew it.

You don't actually see anyone tortured, from what I remember. That's one of the differences between Seven and Saw.

But whatever. I'm done defending a movie that I thought was pretty good last time I watched it, which was probably a decade ago.

hey. dude. easy there. i'm not fighting with you (maybe someone else is but not me).

i hate rambo too btw. i mean first blood part 1 was good (i watched it a couple of days ago) but part 2 was LAUGHABLE and i stopped.

okay. nobody agrees on anything. and with rodney king dead, who will repeat his sad sad words?

but seriously. taste-based discussions.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2013, 04:27 PM   #17184
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
i thought the script was boring. No surprises. Obvious twists..

Your face is boring!

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2013, 04:39 PM   #17185
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
not even in my sleep!
Old 07.30.2013, 07:06 PM   #17186
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i actually have forgotten what seBBen was about lol

and i certainly recall no meditation

but he was played by colbert.

NO????
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2013, 08:18 PM   #17187
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic sphere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_K6971WmAs

so that was his downfall, rappin for the ninjaz

Yes, but who else at the time could they fill for such a role?
Old 07.30.2013, 08:25 PM   #17188
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Yes, but who else at the time could they fill for such a role?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2013, 11:31 PM   #17189
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

I couldn't stop laughing for any particular reason. It was everything you expect from a Wes Anderson flick, the absurd caricatures, the biting satire, the meaningless novelties exaggerated, the endless dead panning, only with flawless cinematography and a surprisingly pensive Bruce Willis drinking beer with a kid discussing the meanings of life. Of course, I was disappointed with what they did to Bill Murray, I haven't felt that bad for a character of his since Lost in Translation.. I'm glad I went into it knowing absolutely nothing about it because I might not have watched it otherwise. Also it was great to finally see a Wes Anderson movie without the Wilson brothers, as much as I loved The Royal Tennanbaums and enjoyed The Darjeeling Express tremendously, Anderson needed a change of pace.

Old 07.31.2013, 08:00 AM   #17190
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I absolutely don't get Wes Anderson films. They never make me laugh. In fact they always depress me a bit. Anyone else?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2013, 08:26 AM   #17191
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've only seen Royal Tenenbaums which just completely left me cold. I didn't hate it, just, as you say, didn't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I haven't felt that bad for a character of his since Lost in Translation.

You mean the character who gets paid a fortune to travel the world, stay in luxury hotels and has a fling with Scarlett Johansson? My heart bleeds.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2013, 08:32 AM   #17192
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Crazy Heart

I like pretty much everything about this movie but can't help feeling that The Wrestler did the whole thing a lot better.
Old 07.31.2013, 08:35 AM   #17193
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Wrestler was great.

I love all wes anderson films. They are good stuff.

Lost in Translation was made by Sofia Coppola, who only knows super rich super powerful people and their problems.
Old 07.31.2013, 01:19 PM   #17194
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've only seen Royal Tenenbaums which just completely left me cold. I didn't hate it, just, as you say, didn't get it.

You mean the character who gets paid a fortune to travel the world, stay in luxury hotels and has a fling with Scarlett Johansson? My heart bleeds.

Dude, maybe we didn't watch the same movie, because you're describing George Clooney's Up in the Air more so Lost In Translation. Bob (Bill Murray's character) came across as shattered and defeated like the dude in American Beauty. He seemed somber, bored, regretful. His fling seemed both exciting and yet depressing, because it points to how ephemeral our human relationships can be. They can fill us up with joy, but this is temporal.

As to Moonrise Kingdom, I'm more in love with upon reflection. Its like, all the childish absurdities and biting dead-panning in Wes Anderson movies suddenly make so much more sense when acted through middle-school aged actors!! I hope he continues to make these kinds of movies, I dare say it will work better than any Wilson brother ever could! Whenever I watch his movies, like Tennenbaums or Darjeeling Limited the characters come across as blatantly childish in their behavior, and the trademark dead-panning only seems to solidify this effect. When you see this same kind of acting and writing but played through kids, suddenly it seems so much more apt.

Old 07.31.2013, 11:35 PM   #17195
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
it's oddly familar to me like my grandfathers house. his shit can be too nostalgic and 60's, 70's New England rich for me, but hey i was also some 13 yr old relaxing to Stones records in my attic once. prepping for Brown Uni.

Nostalgia is very much a part of Wes Anderson flicks, its why my pops especially enjoyed Moonrise Kingdom because essentially that was his life (not literally the plot, but the setting). Also Tennenbaums was satire of rich, the rest of his flicks aren't just about rich people, though I agree, they're not often poor.

Old 08.01.2013, 08:36 AM   #17196
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Dude, maybe we didn't watch the same movie, because you're describing George Clooney's Up in the Air more so Lost In Translation. Bob (Bill Murray's character) came across as shattered and defeated like the dude in American Beauty. He seemed somber, bored, regretful. His fling seemed both exciting and yet depressing, because it points to how ephemeral our human relationships can be. They can fill us up with joy, but this is temporal.

Haha, you're obviously right. I suppose I just see Bill Murray's character as someone whose problems are those a lot of us wouldn't mind having, in place of those that we do have. At least he has the money to help him change if he wants to.
Old 08.01.2013, 09:42 AM   #17197
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

money does not help when you have to live up to other's expectations in order to maintain that money....
Old 08.01.2013, 10:14 AM   #17198
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Sure. So he can leave his job and he'd have his freedom and probably enough money to live quite comfortably for the rest of his days. I'm not saying I envy the guy but in the big scheme of things he ranks pretty low on my list of people in movies that I feel sorry for.
Old 08.01.2013, 10:37 AM   #17199
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

loneliness and disconnection are tough though...

I feel sorry for John Rambo.
Old 08.01.2013, 12:10 PM   #17200
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I feel sorry for John Rambo.

On that we agree
760810850857858859 860 861862863870910960 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth