Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2019, 07:35 PM   #41341
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Pretty much, I'm working on the stuff behind how English works.
I picked this so I wouldn't have to write essays analysing the themes of books, but I'm starting to regret it. Good thing I'll be going into the more mathematical side of things.
oh. you should read chomsky and his successors

and computation is a big part of language if you wanna get into that

actually, neuroscience of language is a superinteresting science field

see: michael gazzaniga, or... oh what’s his name lol.

POEPPEL! david poeppel. yeah

http://psych.nyu.edu/clash/poeppellab/
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2019, 08:33 AM   #41342
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I got an oral exam on literature in exile in an hour and I really wanted to put that gif to use again.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2019, 12:45 PM   #41343
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by operator
took a small detour this morning...
google’s auto-stitching fails badly when shooting horizontal panoramas horizontally

nice

now counting down the minutes till you delete it
Old 01.25.2019, 07:36 PM   #41344
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
In the game of women's cricket I'm watching, there was a little patch where a married couple was batting together, and I thought that was really cute and wholesome.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2019, 01:20 AM   #41345
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Finally back home

Good ol Michigan

Good ol gf, good ol dog, and good ol friends

Feels like a warm blanket
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2019, 09:13 AM   #41346
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh. you should read chomsky and his successors

and computation is a big part of language if you wanna get into that

actually, neuroscience of language is a superinteresting science field

see: michael gazzaniga, or... oh what’s his name lol.

POEPPEL! david poeppel. yeah

http://psych.nyu.edu/clash/poeppellab/

Fuck yeah neuroscience. There’s probably more math in scientific linguistic study than there is words and shit. It’s about the mechanics of speech and how the brain processes, organizes and maps sounds and ideas to learn what things mean and what things are important. Fucking seriously cool shit I haven’t thought about in ages.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2019, 05:01 PM   #41347
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Happy birthday Antagon
Old 01.29.2019, 10:59 PM   #41348
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Day 1 of getting my gf's cats and my dog to get along has been a definite experience. keeping them separate via a puppy gate for now, but my gf's black cat, Sneakers, the more timid of the two, was brave enough to leave the room i privatized for them and immediately got cornered by my dog and began scratching at her. now she's hiding in the basement somewhere i'm too dumb to find

never had cats before. how the hell do these creatures work?
Old 01.30.2019, 12:02 AM   #41349
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I just let Elephant and Audrey figure it out. Just made sure Elephant didn't kill her, but she was able to get the message across to Elephant that she likes her space. Elephant is a chill dood who doesn't really care to get a few slaps from Audrey. They're chill as fuck though, They give each other space and even cuddle sometimes! As for the little dog, he still chases Audrey and vice versa, that's where I need to keep and eye otherwise the cat would fuck up the little dog.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.30.2019, 12:04 AM   #41350
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I would say let them get aquianted. It sounds a lot like Audrey n Elephant's first meet. Elephant was all over Audrey, but Audrey get him a few slaps and I just keep a close eye and had Elephant back off when he would get close to annoying the cat.
Old 01.30.2019, 03:45 AM   #41351
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

Well, I think I'll end up with another crush soon...
Old 01.30.2019, 08:48 AM   #41352
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I just let Elephant and Audrey figure it out. Just made sure Elephant didn't kill her, but she was able to get the message across to Elephant that she likes her space. Elephant is a chill dood who doesn't really care to get a few slaps from Audrey. They're chill as fuck though, They give each other space and even cuddle sometimes! As for the little dog, he still chases Audrey and vice versa, that's where I need to keep and eye otherwise the cat would fuck up the little dog.

Yeah my dogs a sweetheart. She's always gotten along wonderfully w/ other dogs, but I'm not sure if she's ever been around cats really. Doesn't sem to know what to make of them. I'm just worried that if she takes a few slaps or the cat snaps at her that she'll snap back... and a German Shepherd/Rottweiler bite could be literally fatal to a poor kitty.
Old 01.30.2019, 09:26 AM   #41353
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Yeah my dogs a sweetheart. She's always gotten along wonderfully w/ other dogs, but I'm not sure if she's ever been around cats really. Doesn't sem to know what to make of them. I'm just worried that if she takes a few slaps or the cat snaps at her that she'll snap back... and a German Shepherd/Rottweiler bite could be literally fatal to a poor kitty.
living in ruralandia ive seen rotty mix puppies hunt in packs, and dogs kill calves, sheep, and kittens, and it’s not pretty. if the dog has a hunting/chasing instinct (most do but it varies) it could end tragically. here they are taken away from the house and shot in the head. since that is not an option i’d urge you to seek expert help or if you can’t maybe use a muzzle.

my old cat used to bully and dominate dogs and taunt them by walking reeeeeeeally close to them then fucking them up if they moved lololol. but different cats have different tempers.
Old 01.30.2019, 09:45 AM   #41354
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Oh shit, a muzzle! That might be useful if you want to make sure Ruby doesn’t snap back.

If Ruby hasn’t reacted aggressively by now, I think that it’s a good sign. Ruby is normally going to be interested in cats if she hasn’t gotten to know them yet. It sounds like they just need to get acquainted....
Old 01.30.2019, 09:53 AM   #41355
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

yep it just takes a snap from a big dog to break a small animal’s spine

horrible to think about i know but better to think about than to actually see...
Old 01.30.2019, 10:25 AM   #41356
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

She did bark in response to a hiss from Kiki (the more adventurous cat). I'll post cute animal pics once my gf wakes up. Had her wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I'm letting her sleep in while I read my fantasy novel w Ruby by my side
Old 01.30.2019, 10:29 AM   #41357
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Also have a crate for Ruby which I set up again for when we leave the house or go to bed.

I feel so mean locking her up just because we brought new animals into the house. But I guess this is what needs to be done. I honestly feel she just wants to play w em but u never know. The cats are at least familiar w smaller dogs... i.e. my gf's pomeranian who was bossing Ruby around until she moved into my gf's dad's apartment.

Might get a muzzle alongside the harness we'll buy today. It all just seems kinda cruel, maybe I'm overly empathetic
Old 01.30.2019, 01:23 PM   #41358
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yep it just takes a snap from a big dog to break a small animal’s spine

horrible to think about i know but better to think about than to actually see...

Dog fights are awful. Had to break up a few when I worked at the daycare. Even got bit myself breaking up the worst one. Big pit and giant greyhound we’re picking on a medium size hound. So fucked up. You’d pull one off just to see the other start biting again.
Old 01.30.2019, 01:24 PM   #41359
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Also have a crate for Ruby which I set up again for when we leave the house or go to bed.

I feel so mean locking her up just because we brought new animals into the house. But I guess this is what needs to be done. I honestly feel she just wants to play w em but u never know. The cats are at least familiar w smaller dogs... i.e. my gf's pomeranian who was bossing Ruby around until she moved into my gf's dad's apartment.

Might get a muzzle alongside the harness we'll buy today. It all just seems kinda cruel, maybe I'm overly empathetic

It seems cruel, but it’s all in the best interest of the dog.
Old 01.30.2019, 02:08 PM   #41360
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Happy birthday Antagon
Thanks

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
1568196820182058206520662067 2068 20692070207120782118 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth