Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Support of the demands made by Nadezhda Tolokonnikova
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.28.2013, 07:43 AM   #1
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, a member of the punk band Pussy Riot who is currently imprisoned in Russia, has gone on hunger strike to protest poor conditions. She is being threatened with death or violence by the deputy chief of Correctional Colony 14 of the Republic of Mordovia Yu. V. Kupriyanov, as well as inmates of the colony. In a letter published on September 23rd, in addition to the threats, Nadezhda says that she and other inmates are forced to work sewing garments for 16-17 hours a day, in violation of the law.

Nadezhda plans to continue her hunger strike until her demands are met. These are: (a) transfer to another penal colony where she would not be subject to physical and psychological pressure that includes, as she claims, threats of physical violence, and (b) transfer from her sewing plant to one belonging to a different industry. Tolokonnikova has also sent the Investigative Committee a statement concerning the death threat made verbally by the deputy chief of the penal colony.

Please sign this petition and support the demands made by Tolokonnikova. Together, we can help her.

http://www.change.org/petitions/supp...are_ petition

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.02.2013, 12:11 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, a member of the punk band Pussy Riot who is currently imprisoned in Russia, has gone on hunger strike to protest poor conditions. She is being threatened with death or violence by the deputy chief of Correctional Colony 14 of the Republic of Mordovia Yu. V. Kupriyanov, as well as inmates of the colony. In a letter published on September 23rd, in addition to the threats, Nadezhda says that she and other inmates are forced to work sewing garments for 16-17 hours a day, in violation of the law.

Nadezhda plans to continue her hunger strike until her demands are met. These are: (a) transfer to another penal colony where she would not be subject to physical and psychological pressure that includes, as she claims, threats of physical violence, and (b) transfer from her sewing plant to one belonging to a different industry. Tolokonnikova has also sent the Investigative Committee a statement concerning the death threat made verbally by the deputy chief of the penal colony.

Please sign this petition and support the demands made by Tolokonnikova.

Interesting to see the gulags never closed in Russia, and also that Putin is such a better world leader then Mr. Obama, according to RT reporting, Russia is the greatest nation on earth and Putin is its Messiah, and stay the fuck out of Syria y'all, Russia, its scheduled to become the next penal colony for Russian dissidents

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2013, 10:17 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
still waiting for pookie's followup
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.12.2013, 09:35 AM   #4
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Nabeel Rajab's sentence was reduced from 3 years to 2 years and he has been beaten and is in solitary confinement. His "crime" was "involvement in illegal practices and inciting gatherings and calling for unauthorized marches through social networking sites", "participation in an illegal assembly", and "participation in an illegal gathering and calling for a march without prior notification."

I think few would argue that these should be crimes at all.

Nadezhda Tolokonnikova did actually commit a crime, several times in fact but the church declined to press charges until they'd had enough. What the argument here is as to the severity of the punishment. But it's in line with the type of punishments similar offences have resulted in in the UK.

I'd rather give my energy to other "causes" than this woman.

Incidentally can anybody tell me what she was actually protesting about? I can't find anything about the specifics.

Russia is still our enemy, Bahrain our friend etc etc etc etc yackity yak
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2013, 09:31 AM   #5
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Nabeel Rajab's sentence was reduced from 3 years to 2 years and he has been beaten and is in solitary confinement. His "crime" was "involvement in illegal practices and inciting gatherings and calling for unauthorized marches through social networking sites", "participation in an illegal assembly", and "participation in an illegal gathering and calling for a march without prior notification."

Nadezhda Tolokonnikova did actually commit a crime, several times in fact but the church declined to press charges until they'd had enough. What the argument here is as to the severity of the punishment. But it's in line with the type of punishments similar offences have resulted in in the UK.

Incidentally can anybody tell me what she was actually protesting about? I can't find anything about the specifics.

This is precisely what I find frustrating about Pussy Riot in general. Yes, the sentence is way too harsh, but it isn't harsher than the sentence they'd get here in England or any other country for the same crime. I don't understand what they are trying to demonstrate with all this. It's a shame because I can't think of a better climate to get political. The musicians who get the ever slimmer chance of getting in the media to make a point seem incapable of making one which can at least illuminate a few brains for the best. It's so ridiculous, people protesting about being indoctrinated by the sort of shit they are fed by the media with the mind-state of the indoctrinated by the same shit. Surely it's time to look back at DIY tactics and re-start from scratch?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2013, 11:03 AM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie

i'm glad i asked!

thanks
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2013, 11:23 AM   #7
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
I think its a damned injustice for sure, and I signed the petition. Please also look at some of the articles on "supermax" prisons in the good old Est Uni.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...permax/258323/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-us-...on-system/2113

http://www.thenation.com/article/176...-new-york-city
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2013, 03:39 PM   #8
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Those Greenpeacers are lucky to be alive when they stormed the oil platform in the arctic to put up some banners. I'm sure FSB has trained more than once, and rightly so, under assumption that terrorists or SEALS would use enviro's as cover for an attack.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth