Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new Bauhaus album.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.04.2008, 11:22 PM   #21
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i doubt it will be very good. i'm not going to bother listening to it though so you may as well ignore my predictions. i don't like comebacks. it ruins everything.
Old 03.05.2008, 01:26 AM   #22
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
^
I heard you're too young to know what you're talking about.
lol. Alright. My apologies that I wasn't shitting bats on the dance floor to She's in Parties in 1983. I'm only commenting on what I've heard about it.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2008, 02:04 AM   #23
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i don't like comebacks. it ruins everything.
Yeah, that's what I thought when you came back from your "hiatus".
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2008, 02:06 AM   #24
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Yeah, that's what I thought when you came back from your "hiatus".
oh you are fucking CLEVER.
bastard.
Old 03.05.2008, 09:42 AM   #25
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
both of those songs are really good.

I didn't get to see the reunion, but I think Dog's a Vapour is the one they were playing that was "new" at the time...

overall, it's "ok" and at times it sounds like early solo Peter Murphy mixed with early Love and Rockets.

Zikir is the only track that sounds like Bauhaus to me.

I didn't really expect another The Sky's Gone Out and so I can't say that I'm disappointed.

for a large period of my youth Bauhaus was my favorite band; I'm thankful that they recorded new music.

Bauhaus gifted us with a new CD. the gift may be more like warm socks instead of a new car, but it's the thought that counts.

Dog's A Vapour is actually an old song, it was on the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack a few years back. Okay, more like nearly ten years back, but still. "Adrenaline" was the new song they were playing at concerts.
Anyone hear the Dead Can Dance cover they had on their live album? That shit was epic. I was hoping the album would be like that, but alas.
dionysusundone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.05.2008, 10:01 AM   #26
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dionysusundone
Dog's A Vapour is actually an old song, it was on the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack a few years back. Okay, more like nearly ten years back, but still. "Adrenaline" was the new song they were playing at concerts.
Anyone hear the Dead Can Dance cover they had on their live album? That shit was epic. I was hoping the album would be like that, but alas.

!!!!

Severance has to be my most favorite Bauhaus song that wasn't written by Bauhaus! gawd I love that song. I have a copy of a studio version of it too, but I'm not sure what it's off of.... again, oh my fuck I love that song.

I knew Dog's A Vapour wasn't NEW exactly but that it was something that they've been kicking around since their first reformation about 10 years ago.

I'm on my 3rd listen of the new album now. it's starting to grown on me in places. and by that, I mean, I'm sprouting bat-shaped tumors.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 01:50 AM   #27
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
both of those songs are really good.

I didn't get to see the reunion, but I think Dog's a Vapour is the one they were playing that was "new" at the time...

overall, it's "ok" and at times it sounds like early solo Peter Murphy mixed with early Love and Rockets.

Zikir is the only track that sounds like Bauhaus to me.

I didn't really expect another The Sky's Gone Out and so I can't say that I'm disappointed.

for a large period of my youth Bauhaus was my favorite band; I'm thankful that they recorded new music.

Bauhaus gifted us with a new CD. the gift may be more like warm socks instead of a new car, but it's the thought that counts.

Perhaps it was proof positive the "gifted" is best left as an adjective then?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.06.2008, 02:34 AM   #28
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
so i've just heard the record, well, an internet version of what they say to be the record, i'll buy it later.

a soothing goodbye, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Huck
What a bummer of an album...Bauhaus had an all-killer-no-filler discography and now they have ruined it. It's aaawful.

By the way, I saw them in their reunion tour in 2006 and they were great.

comments like this are silly. it shows you dont understand the record.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.28.2008, 04:07 PM   #29
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...-go-away-white

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth